Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 04:43 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
I'm very sorry for your wife.

Any woman who will be elected the first female President will have to be as tough and battle scarred as Hillary Clinton. It is enormously idealistic to think a woman with less experience in the trenches would make it as far as Hillary has. If she waits for the perfect woman candidate, she won't see it in her lifetime. That's how deep the cultural conditioning regarding how women specifically should behave goes.

I knew that racism ran deep in this country and when I saw Obama beat Hillary, I realized th st gender bias still runs deeper.
Don't be sorry for my wife, my wife puts character, honesty and virtue (if you don't know what virtue is then look it up) as basic requirements for POTUS. Yes, she may be idealistic, but she isn't going to throw her values to the curb just because Hillary is a woman.

Last edited by Terryj; 09-16-2016 at 05:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 04:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
This country can't afford Trump as President. He is a chronic liar. Telling lie after lie and the sad part is some people believe and hang on every word. Pathetic!

Old 09-16-2016, 05:08 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The dems have already played every hand against Trump. Once you go with the "racist" attack, where do you go from there? Dems basically need a Sterling-like recording of Trump using the "n" word at this point. Or perhaps proof that he's a pedophile.

I called it during the early August blitzkrieg on Trump - dems/media blew their load too early. It did hurt Trump but there was too much time left in the election. Now they are left reaching back to old attacks that people are bored with.
The recording of Johnson using the N word and getting them to vote for them for the next 200 years apparently works.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't think it matters what Hillary does or says now; when she blacked out on 9-11, that may've finished her campaign. Period.
What I was asking was in regards to your "their kind" remark, which was a response to someone talking about women and clinton. Were you calling women "their kind'? It just looks like it, since it was in the context of a remark about women voters.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:32 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I gotta smile.

I never followed the birther nonsense and didn't "know" that Trump ever had promoted it.

That explains a lot.....

Old 09-16-2016, 05:33 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Seriously? "their kind"? You are calling women "their kind"? And, y'all wonder why trump has so much trouble with women voters.
We both saw the words 'their kind.' You took it as women. I took it as people of any gender who simply view Trump as a joke, the devil, an embarrassment. You [not women] are being too self-centered.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:41 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Quote:
It could be the only way he'll get elected. Protest votes are very dangerous in elections like this one.
Maybe it's time we vote for someone instead of voting against someone, novel idea. When was the last time you investigated the people who are running for POTUS, I mean really take the time to do your homework instead of listening to the political pundits. Maybe you might want to look at who these people really are, then vote for the one you trust.

You know Thomas Jefferson made the comment long ago "whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government." He was talking about the cornerstone for our government relying on an informed electorate.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:43 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
You mean the David Duke contingent? David Duke is a Trump supporter, isn't he?
Well Duke would fall into the deplorable category but, like Trump, he is mostly out for himself and looking for coat tails to ride on. I suppose he is a Trump supporter whether Trump likes it or not.

There are many Trump supporters who don't align themselves with David Duke. A bunch are just anti-Hillary and don't pay attention to what Trump says or does. Many weren't raised that way or were given an adequate education and should know better and would otherwise be against Trump but they have a visceral and irrational hatred of Hillary.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This country can't afford Trump as President. He is a chronic liar. Telling lie after lie and the sad part is some people believe and hang on every word. Pathetic!
So is Hillary. Pick your poison for POTUS.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What I was asking was in regards to your "their kind" remark, which was a response to someone talking about women and clinton. Were you calling women "their kind'? It just looks like it, since it was in the context of a remark about women voters.
I said "their kind" talking about some women voters. Sometimes when talking about all of Americans, I say "our kind". It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
We both saw the words 'their kind.' You took it as women. I took it as people of any gender who simply view Trump as a joke, the devil, an embarrassment. You [not women] are being too self-centered.
EDIT: I backed up in this thread and, should've said "their kind" talking about Hillary voters, NOT just woman, period, in this quote. My bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections