Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 PM

309 posts, read 160,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Maybe it's time we vote for someone instead of voting against someone, novel idea. When was the last time you investigated the people who are running for POTUS, I mean really take the time to do your homework instead of listening to the political pundits. Maybe you might want to look at who these people really are, then vote for the one you trust.

You know Thomas Jefferson made the comment long ago "whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government." He was talking about the cornerstone for our government relying on an informed electorate.
Once. I voted for Ralph Nader for the reasons you outlined. To this day I regret that vote enormously. It gave the election to George Bush. Never again. I think Trump would be a loose cannon and we just can't afford that. I want no responsibility if he wins because of these good but independent candidates who have no chance of winning and only contributing to a loss for the Democratic candidate. No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 06:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Trumps business model is to say one thing and then do the exact opposite. He plans from day one to go bankrupt if he can screw someone out of money to his benefit. What business model will he have as leader of the free world that has a known history of going against is word?

Old 09-16-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Don't be sorry for my wife, my wife puts character, honesty and virtue (if you don't know what virtue is then look it up) as basic requirements for POTUS. Yes, she may be idealistic, but she isn't going to throw her values to the curb just because Hillary is a woman.
Then seems like she wants to help trump get elected. Does his values mesh with hers?

Voting for one of the good, but independent, candidates, would actually be a protest vote and take votes away from the Democratic candidate and very likely give a win to trump. Something to think about seriously.

Votes for Ralph Nader in Florida gave the election to George W. When we get a good third party candidate with polling numbers that compete with Republican and Democratic candidates, i'll certainly consider voting for that person. When the candidate is polling at 7%, no way.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:07 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,747,929 times
Hilary and Trump were friends along time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGk...oQcgQ&index=34

Last edited by bobisinthehouse; 09-16-2016 at 07:15 PM..

Old 09-16-2016, 07:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Can't be undone. So true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw2e...youtu.be&t=363

At 6:04.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Hilary and Trump were friends along time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGk...oQcgQ&index=34
Would you please explain what that music video of Ozzy Osborne has to do with this election thread or Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:15 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Then seems like she wants to help trump get elected. Does his values mesh with hers?

Voting for one of the good, but independent, candidates, would actually be a protest vote and take votes away from the Democratic candidate and very likely give a win to trump. Something to think about seriously.

Votes for Ralph Nader in Florida gave the election to George W. When we get a good third party candidate with polling numbers that compete with Republican and Democratic candidates, i'll certainly consider voting for that person. When the candidate is polling at 7%, no way.
Smokeybear, if one votes their conscious then they are not throwing away their vote, to vote for a person you don't want as POTUS just shows you'll sacrifice your values for what, the lesser of two evils. Even if the person I vote for doesn't win, at least I'll feel good on how I voted. It's not about voting for the winner, it's about voting for the person that can best serve the interest of all Americans.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:17 PM

I guess Bob's not in the house anymore.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Smokeybear, if one votes their conscious then they are not throwing away their vote, to vote for a person you don't want as POTUS just shows you'll sacrifice your values for what, the lesser of two evils. Even if the person I vote for doesn't win, at least I'll feel good on how I voted. It's not about voting for the winner, it's about voting for the person that can best serve the interest of all Americans.
I disagree. The state of the country is mote important. Will you feel good about your values if trump gets us all blown to kingdom come, or destroys our economy, or stops protecting the food we buy and you die from some horrific foodborne illness, or numerous disasters if lack of impulse control could cause? The guy seriously has very, very little impulse control. Haven't you noticed?

I genuinely think Hillary Clinton will be a good President. I don't believe all the crazy Healthers. I'm guessing they are the same people who jumped on the birther bandwagon.

Save your idealism for more important things volunteer and help people in your local area. Continue to develop compassion. Start small and do good things in your world. Politics is local. That's how to change things globally eventually.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:33 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Trumps business model is to say one thing and then do the exact opposite. He plans from day one to go bankrupt if he can screw someone out of money to his benefit. What business model will he have as leader of the free world that has a known history of going against is word?
It's all about screwing the people for his ultimate branding opportunity, The Trump United States Of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections