Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 12:17 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,218,539 times

Advertisements

Today, Trump made a statement which reminded us all that it was Hillary Clinton who started the birther movement back in 2008. Liberals try to deny this, but the facts are clear.

In 2008, the Clinton campaign circulated the picture below showing Obama in traditional African garb. They sent this picture out to make Obama appear non-American and like he was born in Africa.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...ma-sub-jpg.jpg

Barack Obama says Hillary Clinton leaked Somali photo - NY Daily News

The truth cannot be denied any longer. Hillary Clinton started the birther movement.

Obama's campaign clearly recognized this in 2008.

Quote:
"On the very day that Sen. Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election," Plouffe said.

"It's exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," he added.
She was divisive then. She is divisive now. Low brow smear campaigns is all Hillary Clinton knows.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-16-2016 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 12:21 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,089,097 times
I don't know if Hillary started it, but she sure participated in it.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:22 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,565,221 times
That does not mean anything Trump should apologize for keeping the Birther crap going as long as he did

Old 09-16-2016, 12:24 PM

24,384 posts, read 23,032,988 times
And now she's lying about it and has the media lying for her, too. They seem to have gone from desperation mode into panic mode into bat **** crazy mode.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:25 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,976,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Today, Trump made a statement which reminded us all that it was Hillary Clinton who started the birther movement back in 2008. Liberals try to deny this, but the facts are clear.

In 2008, the Clinton campaign circulated the picture below showing Obama in traditional African garb. They sent this picture out to make Obama appear non-American and like he was born in Africa.

Barack Obama says Hillary Clinton leaked Somali photo - NY Daily News

The truth cannot be denied any longer. Hillary Clinton started the birther movement.

She was divisive then. She is divisive now. Low brow smear campaigns is all Hillary Clinton knows.
Not Hillary Clinton? Hillary Clinton the saint? LOL... She always hides behind some excuse. She has minions working for her to take any blame. Up until now, it has worked. She has never faced someone like Donald Trump.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:30 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,062,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
That does not mean anything Trump should apologize for keeping the Birther crap going as long as he did

Obama and Hillary should apologize to the American people for constantly lying the past 10 years.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM

25,915 posts, read 22,064,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
The birther thing was kept alive by many, many more people than Trump. I wasn't even aware that Trump had really said much about it. For as long as Obama was POTUS, this was going to be in play. Obama never really convinced people and no birth certificate on hand, sorry, but as someone who went to kindergarten, went to college, went to the military, got married, etc. I had to have birth certificates on hand for myself and my kids. I am glad that Obama is about to slide into the history books out of my sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And now she's lying about it and has the media lying for her, too. They seem to have gone from desperation mode into panic mode into bat **** crazy mode.
Gosh, did you expect the truth from Hillary? Yeah, you could not possibly have. Hillary doesn't really do her own dirty work, just pays or threatens others to get it done. Hillary is poison fungus.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Strange. Clinton has managed to get all the worlds leaders, all the worlds media outlets and all the politicians except Trump to lie for her. It's the entire world picking on and lying against Trump.

How does she ever do it?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,565,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The birther thing was kept alive by many, many more people than Trump. I wasn't even aware that Trump had really said much about it. For as long as Obama was POTUS, this was going to be in play. Obama never really convinced people and no birth certificate on hand, sorry, but as someone who went to kindergarten, went to college, went to the military, got married, etc. I had to have birth certificates on hand for myself and my kids. I am glad that Obama is about to slide into the history books out of my sight.

Gosh, did you expect the truth from Hillary? Yeah, you could not possibly have. Hillary doesn't really do her own dirty work, just pays or threatens others to get it done. Hillary is poison fungus.
Trump kept it alive more than anybody else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9mnkC0pgXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPNx_cuPgAw

Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,684,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post

Question: even if Clinton or her campaign or her supporters started it, who is it that believed it?

The Clinton campaign wasn't doing anything differently when they released that picture than what Palin did when she talked about Obama's "foreignness" and yet people just ate that up.

What this says to me is that there are a lot of people who must have believed then that Clinton and her "camp" had some credibility if/when they claimed that Obama wasn't born here.
And best of all, Trump believed it too.

So who's the bigger fools - the one(s) that started the rumor or them that believed it?

Trump not only believed it but carried the banner for the birther movement for five-plus years when he could have stopped the speculation at any time if what he says now is to be believed.

It is going to be so much fun watching all of the people who bought Trump's BS about the yuuge investigation back-track now in an attempt to batter Clinton.
"She made us do it, she made us do it!"

Some people will fall for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections