Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:51 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Many feel he was implying gov trumps(no pun intended) private enterprise and gave lots of examples in that direction in his talk. That's the takeaway.
If you listen to the whole section of the speech and not just half a sentence, it was obvious he was saying private enterprise depends on the infrastructure that is built and maintained by public funding.

Conservatives love to lie, though, so I don't think my post matters much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 04:54 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
If you listen to the whole section of the speech and not just half a sentence, it was obvious he was saying private enterprise depends on the infrastructure that is built and maintained by public funding.

Conservatives love to lie, though, so I don't think my post matters much.
That's one way to look at it. I can see both ways having valid points/how interpretation can vary.

Given you're a "highway and bridge engineer" in your status, I can understand your viewpoint a little more clearer.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:09 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the point is trump gives to charity with other people's money, not from his pocket. as for use of his golf resort, he most likely charges the charity for the use of it. charity and how it works? charity is ripe with fraud and greed well before it's charitable.

trump has held fundraisers that donated money, that's all. in reality some employee or volunteer did the work of the fundraiser. trump just gave his brand and it's gilt.
Maybe your missing the point of what I'm saying? The posts I'm responding to said it was from trumps pocket, not the foundation.....I asked for proof, she cannot provide that proof....neither can you.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:16 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe your missing the point of what I'm saying? The posts I'm responding to said it was from trumps pocket, not the foundation.....I asked for proof, she cannot provide that proof....neither can you.
Trump and his campaign said that Donald Trump has donated $100 million to charity. Do you dispute this?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Apparently you haven't been paying attention, since the Clintons' tax returns show they donated a lot of their own money to charity. Maybe that's why Trump doesn't want to release his tax returns.
But I don't think you're presenting the entire picture....a lot went elsewhere. The vast majority in fact according to the data in regards to the clinton "charity" foundation:

Clinton Foundation Spent Barely 6 Percent On Charitable Grants In 2014

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’ | New York Post

"The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends."

Old 09-18-2016, 05:23 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
But I don't think you're presenting the entire picture....a lot went elsewhere. The vast majority in fact according to the data in regards to the clinton "charity" foundation:

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’ | New York Post

"The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends."
You need to get some credible sources. You know, "lame stream media" sources. Not a rag and a, what is it?

Old 09-18-2016, 05:31 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
the point is no one can prove it was from trumps pocket. all we have is his word and he lies.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
You need to get some credible sources. You know, "lame stream media" sources. Not a rag and a, what is it?
If you read the article you wouldn't say such a thing as you would have seen the IRS filing documents referenced.

First paragraph:

"The Clinton Foundation spent less than 6 percent of its budget on charitable grants in 2014, according to documents the organization filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in 2015."

From the article quote above, click on the hyperlink text above for IRS source form 990.

Keep reading the main source articles for more hyperlinks to more IRS filed documents on the topic.

Now let's discuss.

oh, about your "lamestream" love/trust?

Let's talk about reality there:

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/Me...inds-UCLA-6664

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...orts-news-bias

"The liberal bias of the mainstream media tilts so far left that any outlets not in that political lane, like the Drudge Report and Fox News Channel, look far more conservative than they really are, according to a UCLA professor's new book out next month."

From usnews.....mainstream enough for you? Just for you pop.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Trump and his campaign said that Donald Trump has donated $100 million to charity. Do you dispute this?
I'm not denying that, what I am denying is the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord
Trump claimed he donated from his personal money $100 million.
You have failed to show anything that says he donated $100 million of his personal money.

Look, if you have the inability to follow your own posts, that's not my fault. If you want to play word games then continue making a fool of yourself....

Old 09-18-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the point is no one can prove it was from trumps pocket. all we have is his word and he lies.
Well maybe you can educate your girl friend, metro here...

lol....hillary never lied...

Originally Posted by MetroWord
Trump claimed he donated from his personal money $100 million
[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections