Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 05:35 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
no he wasnt. And without the businesses, many of the roads that were built, wouldnt be needed, nor paid for.
You must be missing the magic decoder ring for context. He was talking about infrastructure. Y'know... the stuff that the government builds so that businesses can move their goods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 05:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You must be missing the magic decoder ring for context. He was talking about infrastructure. Y'know... the stuff that the government builds so that businesses can move their goods?
Oooh lookie, another lefty who thinks the only reason businesses exist, is because they build roads. Tell me kat.. why no businesses in the desert, they do have roads there, and after all, according to you, all one needs to grow the economy is build roads and poof.. businesses will appear.

I'm willing to bet, Detroit has LOTS of roads.. I guess that theory of yours is proven not only wrong, but totally ridiculous..

The truth is businesses create the DEMAND for a road.. not the other way around. If it was the other way around, then what you and according to what you claim Obama said, brings government inefficiency to all new record of stupidity..

Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I see nobody complain about Bill Clinton donated his old underwear to charities. I mean yuck, particular Bill Clinton. What did Colin Powell say about Bill, some thinking about d---g bimbos.

And in their zeal to destroy Donald Trump any way they can they don't seem to have the same interest in what percentage of the money from donations to the Clinton Foundation actually went to charity.

Clinton Foundation Spent Barely 6 Percent On Charitable Grants In 2014

Oh well, I guess Bill DID donate his used underwear.....

Old 09-19-2016, 06:08 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Joe Biden? You mean the vice president who makes about 250K a year, has been on a government salary all of his life, who's wife is a school teacher and who isn't running for anything? You mean THAT Joe Biden?
We have donated more than $369 a year to charity and our income was about 1/3 of what Joe Biden makes. IMO an annual income of $250K annually would be quite a princely sum.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:23 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oooh lookie, another lefty who thinks the only reason businesses exist, is because they build roads. Tell me kat.. why no businesses in the desert, they do have roads there, and after all, according to you, all one needs to grow the economy is build roads and poof.. businesses will appear.

I'm willing to bet, Detroit has LOTS of roads.. I guess that theory of yours is proven not only wrong, but totally ridiculous..

The truth is businesses create the DEMAND for a road.. not the other way around. If it was the other way around, then what you and according to what you claim Obama said, brings government inefficiency to all new record of stupidity..
What do you call Vegas? A village?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:13 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
IF he did, I suspect he would be anxious to release his tax returns instead of reluctant.

Obviously, if his tax returns would make him look GOOD - they would be released. Because that's how it works.

So I suspect they would make him look incredibly BAD and that he gives next to nothing to charity.

We know that he doesn't even contribute to his own foundation that he uses illegally to bribe public officials .

And there you have it, people. We were right.

Hillary-bots don't care about the required financial disclosure forms (they're the required ones for a reason). The biddy-bats want to see the tax returns to see if charitable contributions pass muster [insert fevered hand-rubbing smiley here].

Was enough given? Were the correct charities supported? After all, the officious among us have certain requirements, adherence to which can only be ascertained by scrutinizing private tax returns.

Gimmeabreak.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Honestly, I doubt Trump is much of a charity donor. He doesn't strike me as someone who gives something without getting something in return. Fine by me.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
What do you call Vegas? A village?
Do you think Vegas is the only place roads exist?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Apparently you haven't been paying attention, since the Clintons' tax returns show they donated a lot of their own money to charity. Maybe that's why Trump doesn't want to release his tax returns.
And almost all of it went to the Clinton Foundation, which funds their lifestyle.

You might want to Google: Slush Fund.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Maybe Americans expect the wrong things? Maybe we should expect honesty and integrity instead?
Since Donald Trump touts how charitable he is, what a philanthropist he is, it's his honesty and integrity that are in doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections