Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:28 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,384,676 times

Advertisements

Bernie Sanders, to his credit, is a good sport, and realizes that a vote for a 3rd party candidate is essentially a wasted one. Plus, he is principled enough to genuinely want to see the lesser of two evils win, even if he might have otherwise neglected to endorse Clinton out of spite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 AM

6,245 posts, read 5,034,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Bernie is right... Don't vote for Johnson or Stein!!!
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/be...040726552.html
The fix was always in for Clinton to get the nomination and Bernie rolled like a cheap ***** in a flop house that charges by the hour after his inevitable defeat. He promised kids a free education. If they are paying attention, they got one.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:30 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,755,128 times
Sounds like anti-Trump propaganda... Last time I check, Trump didn't kill people for crossing him in business deals.... I can't say the same about the Clintons... Dangerous are your lies and fake fearmongering...

Old 09-18-2016, 10:33 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,666,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Gee. Why not voting for Prrsident? That's a vote for Trump, so why not take responsibility abd just vote for him because that's most likely what you'll get if you don't vote for Hillary. And of course trump and his campaign know that.

Are you a Republican? You seem to have a lot of contempt for the Democratic Party.
Some of the people who are voting for Johnson were Trump supporter too. Out of the 3 people I know who are voting for Johnson, one is never Trump, never Hilary. The other is a Sanders who is now voting for Johnson. One is a Trump enthusiast in the primary and now turned 180 degree around to not Trump, she is still deciding though.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:39 AM

784 posts, read 918,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I know 3 who will be voting for Johnson.
Although I'm not a Bernie supporter at least he lived like he talked....totally unlike Hillary.

The problem is that he didn't really run a true campaign.....he should have destroyed Hillary for being in bed with Wall Street...that alone should have won it for him but even though he went after the banks he never went after Hillary for it.

I do believe that he knew there was something medically wrong with Hillary which explains why he stayed in to the end just in case she bowed out then he could step in.

If Hillary's health forces her out the dem leaders are not going to put Bernie of the ticket...everyone knows that.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,666,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Although I'm not a Bernie supporter at least he lived like he talked....totally unlike Hillary.

The problem is that he didn't really run a true campaign.....he should have destroyed Hillary for being in bed with Wall Street...that alone should have won it for him but even though he went after the banks he never went after Hillary for it.

I do believe that he knew there was something medically wrong with Hillary which explains why he stayed in to the end just in case she bowed out then he could step in.

If Hillary's health forces her out the dem leaders are not going to put Bernie of the ticket...everyone knows that.
Warren was also on CNBC about the banks. But Obama and the democrats had 8 years to prosecute any bank CEOs and none was prosecuted. I too don't believe a thing Warren say if I were a Democrat. Not a thing.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:46 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,484,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
So as a Bernie voter, you want trump to win?
I already told you that I was going to live with the consequences of a trump presidency. no I don't care enough either way. in essence at the end of the day were both going to get what we deserve if he wins. I get what I deserve for not helping to get enough votes for Bernie to take the nomination. And you get what you deserve for putting up a candidate that was Unelectable. Also if Trump is is bad for the country as you say it will be one term and done. Probably followed by eight years of a Democrat. Granted you will have lost your chance to turn the Supreme Court leftward. i'm not as concerned because it will be business as usual if Trump wins.

[quote][mPossibly we are focusing on local and state elections as well as Presidential. I don't think Trump would be good for our country even if we were to win congress, Senate, and every state and local election.

We have no chance of winning the house this cycle so. Arguing about that would be moot. Even if the left take the Senate this election cycle. That doesn't mean that we just won't have more of the same as under Obama. you're going to have to turn Congress in general (house and senate) towards the left in order to get things done at this point.

BTW I never said I wasn't voting in the down ballot.

Quote:
Throwing cold water on flames always helps. In some cased it's very obvious the flames have no logical answers to questions. Also, you don't know how many people read here without ever posting.

Why don't you have a bit of courage and counter some of the fabrications and far right wing messages here? This stuff reaches beyond just this board out to the entire internet.
Fabrication of what. I don't care what the right think. I care mostly about the banking system. And I do not feel that Hillary will do anything in order to reign in the banking system. Though she may give lip service to it . also I believe that she will compromise so much on any promises in her platform that any legislation that she gets past will not be worth the paper it's printed on. In essence I don't trust her Center Political tendencies. Lastly I'm about lessing America's involvement in the world. I don't believe Hillary holds that view.

As for courage. I think you need to display the courage enough to admit to everyone here that the only thing that Hillary has that has her winning this election is the Supreme Court. She will win because of that. This would probably be the lowest election turnout in modern history if it wasn't for the Supreme Court. Neither of these candidates are liked by many. They're just tolerated because they may have one issue they can offer the public.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:49 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,400,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Some of the people who are voting for Johnson were Trump supporter too. Out of the 3 people I know who are voting for Johnson, one is never Trump, never Hilary. The other is a Sanders who is now voting for Johnson. One is a Trump enthusiast in the primary and now turned 180 degree around to not Trump, she is still deciding though.

No doubt. But Johnson will be taking most of his vote from Clinton. Will be like Nader & Gore in 2000. And Nader got those votes because they saw Gore as Clinton 2.0.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:50 AM

6,596 posts, read 5,840,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Bernie Sanders believes in MORE competition, not less. Thats why he is so against crony capitalism and the rigged economy where large corporations buy politicians and steamroll over the people. Blacks who know him support him. But huge numbers of blacks dont know much about him. He would win 95% of the black vote against Trump easily however.
If he were truly against crony capitalism, he wouldn't be supporting Hillary Clinton, who is receiving millions in donations from the largest Wall Street investment firms and other big money.

Trump is largely funding his own campaign and is getting donations from individuals but not Big Money crony types.

Yet the Bernie lovers hate Trump. Something's wrong with this picture.

Someone else in this thread complains Trump will be blowing boats out of the water. And what's wrong with that? That's precisely what we ought to be doing to those Iranian gunships that are pretend-ramming our warships in the Strait of Hormuz. Even while Obama sends them a check for $1.4 billion, something to do with ransom for hostages or a bribe for signing the fake nuclear deal.

Obama's foreign policy has been a sick joke, his domestic policy authoritarian and anti-business, real work force participation at a record low, food stamp recipients at a record high, enormous trade deficits and federal budget deficits, rising violence in the Black neighborhoods which are 99% governed by Democrats, stupid self-defeating energy policies, on and on.

If you want four more years of that, assuming she even lasts that long, vote for Hillary. Assuming you can get past her put-down of millions of Americans as "deplorable" for their support of her opponent.

If you want a more independent foreign policy, more pro-American trade deals that don't sacrifice entire industries to offshoring, more pro-military policy, and more respect in the world, give Trump a look.

Also, give a hard look to the false memes floating around that paint him in a negative light. He's not a perfect human being, but a lot of the stuff is copied and pasted from DNC talking points here and on Facebook and is simply untrue, or weirdly warped and distorted.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:22 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
If he were truly against crony capitalism, he wouldn't be supporting Hillary Clinton, who is receiving millions in donations from the largest Wall Street investment firms and other big money.

Trump is largely funding his own campaign and is getting donations from individuals but not Big Money crony types.

Yet the Bernie lovers hate Trump. Something's wrong with this picture.
Surely you realize that they are not voting on one single issue. I won't vote for him because of his war talk. Hillary has already went there so she is out.

Quote:
Someone else in this thread complains Trump will be blowing boats out of the water. And what's wrong with that? That's precisely what we ought to be doing to those Iranian gunships that are pretend-ramming our warships in the Strait of Hormuz. Even while Obama sends them a check for $1.4 billion, something to do with ransom for hostages or a bribe for signing the fake nuclear deal.
We do not own the world. We were either in their waters or waters in their neighborhood. They did nothing we would not also do if they were over here.

Quote:
Obama's foreign policy has been a sick joke, his domestic policy authoritarian and anti-business, real work force participation at a record low, food stamp recipients at a record high, enormous trade deficits and federal budget deficits, rising violence in the Black neighborhoods which are 99% governed by Democrats, stupid self-defeating energy policies, on and on.

If you want four more years of that, assuming she even lasts that long, vote for Hillary. Assuming you can get past her put-down of millions of Americans as "deplorable" for their support of her opponent.
I thought we were discussing those who supported Bernie but will not vote for Hillary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections