Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 05:26 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times

Advertisements

What is it the trumpists are saying about him being 'honest' or 'honorable'? Doesn't seem to reflect reality.

Not only is he involved in litigation about trump U., and facing questions about his 'charitable donation clerical error' in which he paid pam bondi instead of a charity, and used foundation funds to buy a yuuuge painting of himself...

"But it is the investigation by the Post that reveals the shady nature of Trump’s charity. According to reporter David Fahrenthold, the Trump Foundation began accepting donations from others in 2001. By 2007, Trump was no longer donating any money to his own charity, but was accepting checks from individuals and foundations. Documents reveal that Trump spent $20,000 of the foundation’s money on a six-foot painting of himself – in violation of laws that prohibit citizens from using a nonprofit’s money to buy gifts for themselves.

Trump has a history of accepting donations to the foundation from other nonprofits, only to present those donations to organizations, including a South Florida police charity, as his own."

Investigation of Trump

To be fair, the title of the article mentions 'bigotry'. This actually appears to be in regards to trump followers making anti-semitic remarks to the New York AG for pursuing an investigation of trump U, not to trump himself. But, isn't that the point someone was making about trump appealing to certain people? But, that is a different topic.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 09-19-2016 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
The Trump Foundation story is getting legs...

"Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems"

Washington Post article (updated)

"Several tax experts said that the two cases appeared to be clear examples of self-dealing, as defined by the tax code. The Trump Foundation had made a donation, it seemed, so that a Trump business did not have to. Rosemary E. Fei, a lawyer in San Francisco who advises nonprofit groups, said both cases* clearly fit the definition of self-dealing.

“Yes, Trump pledged as part of the settlement to make a payment to a charity, and yes, the foundation is writing a check to a charity,” Fei said. “But the obligation was Trump’s. And you can’t have a charitable foundation paying off Trump’s personal obligations. That would be classic self-dealing.”

Old 09-20-2016, 10:50 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
I guess we will see what really happened down the line but in the meantime ... let's put Bill and Hillary and their 'foundation' on the table too, please. Or, if we are to believe the stuff that the media is saying about Trump on this issue, then I expect you will also believe everything said about the Clinton Foundation too - and then, if nothing else, we have an even playing field - and if the field is even, then perhaps we all just get both aside for now and get on with discussing the real issues.

No, I won't like it if either candidate is up to financial mischief (and I would condemn them if they are) - but we really only have 2 candidates and we have to vote for one of them. That being the case, IF (and that is a big IF) they are both dabbling where they should not in this kind of scandal, wrong as it may be for either to be doing that (and nothing is proven at all at this point, as far as I know - correct me if I am wrong, please), then the score may be even. No weight in either direction - they may cancel each other out.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 PM

Here's the $10,000 self-portrait that Trump bought using Trump Foundation "charity" funds

$10k isn't a lot of money to guy like Trump -- why didn't he just pay for it out of his own pocket?

Dishonest Don. As unethical as they come.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:12 PM

244 posts, read 168,783 times
MSM trying everything they can. This election has exposed them to be nothing more than propaganda wing of the left.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:42 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What is it the trumpists are saying about him being 'honest' or 'honorable'? Doesn't seem to reflect reality.

Not only is he involved in litigation about trump U., and facing questions about his 'charitable donation clerical error' in which he paid pam bondi instead of a charity, and used foundation funds to buy a yuuuge painting of himself...

"But it is the investigation by the Post that reveals the shady nature of Trump’s charity. According to reporter David Fahrenthold, the Trump Foundation began accepting donations from others in 2001. By 2007, Trump was no longer donating any money to his own charity, but was accepting checks from individuals and foundations. Documents reveal that Trump spent $20,000 of the foundation’s money on a six-foot painting of himself – in violation of laws that prohibit citizens from using a nonprofit’s money to buy gifts for themselves.

Trump has a history of accepting donations to the foundation from other nonprofits, only to present those donations to organizations, including a South Florida police charity, as his own."

Investigation of Trump

To be fair, the title of the article mentions 'bigotry'. This actually appears to be in regards to trump followers making anti-semitic remarks to the New York AG for pursuing an investigation of trump U, not to trump himself. But, isn't that the point someone was making about trump appealing to certain people? But, that is a different topic.
None of this matters at all, its just hogwash and worthless information, i care about one thing and that's the FEELING of being safe, waking up in the morning and not feeling like i might not come home at night to my family. You need to be able to walk the streets safely and not have to live a life in fear, you aren't going to get that with hillary, you aren't getting it with obama and you certainly aren't getting with her. Time to wake up before its too late.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:52 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
None of this matters at all, its just hogwash and worthless information, i care about one thing and that's the FEELING of being safe, waking up in the morning and not feeling like i might not come home at night to my family. You need to be able to walk the streets safely and not have to live a life in fear, you aren't going to get that with hillary, you aren't getting it with obama and you certainly aren't getting with her. Time to wake up before its too late.
Wow, I think someone needs to move away from a place where all the criminals and lunatics can buy guns. Oh that is a Trump policy.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I guess we will see what really happened down the line but in the meantime ... let's put Bill and Hillary and their 'foundation' on the table too, please. Or, if we are to believe the stuff that the media is saying about Trump on this issue, then I expect you will also believe everything said about the Clinton Foundation too - and then, if nothing else, we have an even playing field - and if the field is even, then perhaps we all just get both aside for now and get on with discussing the real issues.

No, I won't like it if either candidate is up to financial mischief (and I would condemn them if they are) - but we really only have 2 candidates and we have to vote for one of them. That being the case, IF (and that is a big IF) they are both dabbling where they should not in this kind of scandal, wrong as it may be for either to be doing that (and nothing is proven at all at this point, as far as I know - correct me if I am wrong, please), then the score may be even. No weight in either direction - they may cancel each other out.

There are hundreds of threads about the Clinton Foundation. This one is dedicated to Trump's illegal use of a 'charitable foundation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I recommend some good workouts and a Xanax to remove this constant fear from your psyche. It is simply not healthy nor realistic ~ though it IS representative of conservative idealogy and their fondness for authoritative dictators.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:31 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Why does this even matter in this election? If we are all supposed to ignore the Clinton Foundations than we should also be ignoring Trumps. They are both shady. Problem is, Clinton may have used hers to give favors as SOS in return for donations. Clinton foundations spent more on TRAVEL than actually charity.
I completely admit that Trump probably did some "shady" financial dealings with his foundation. If the OP wants to bring this up it would probably be a good idea for that person to also want to speak about the Clinton Foundation as well, I mean if it is so despicable and all to use a foundation for personal gain. They both seemed to do this.
I will again add that Trump never used his foundation as Secretary of State giving government favors for cash, which it seemed HRC did.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:58 AM

Trump Bought $120,000 Luxury Trip With Trump Foundation Money

"Donald Trump bid on a dinner with Salma Hayek and a tour of the famed Chataeu Latour vineyard at a charity gala — but never went on the trip, according to an aide. Tax records show the donation was made by his foundation, not himself."

It doesn't matter if Trump went on the trip or not. "IRS rules require nonprofits to report any “self-dealing” — using their money to furnish their executives with money or other benefits. The Trump Foundation tax forms, called 990s, do not report any such transactions for that year. "

It's becoming increasingly clear that the Trump Foundation is a money laundering scam.

Article
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections