Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
people don't normally say 'positive' things about people they're jealous of or people who are in the 'tabloids'
Actually, most people are amused at those in the gossip columns. Why would anyone be envious of people who need to live their personal lives in front of cameras and reporters? New Yorkers are fairly jaded and used to seeing celebs walking around so are probably not as impressed by their antics as others.

In any event, the Clintons are popular among their neighbors. Trump is not, which I assume is one of the reason he isolates himself and his family in modern day castles with moats.

There are many reasons New Yorkers dislike Trump--many. He will not win there.

"...Trump left his mark all over New York. Some in the city would like to erase it...."

"...To New Yorkers questioning whether actual life exists beyond the city’s borders, Trump’s foray into national politics is evidence not of his power, but of his irrelevance in the only town that matters...."

"...Here is where Trump became “The Donald,” a headline-spewing smokestack, his narrative defined by roaring political feuds (Koch once referred to him as “greedy, greedy, greedy”); spectacular scandal (“Best Sex I’ve Ever Had,” crowed his mistress in a New York Post headline); and fierce opposition from civic groups appalled by his skyline-altering projects (“Trump Tower,” for example, not to be confused with “Trump World Tower,” not to be confused with “Trump International Hotel and Tower”)..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...679_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 09:36 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,062,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Trump is probably going to have the worst performance in Garden City than any other Republican in recent memory.
I might go protest, I figure I could get dinner at the Chipotle across from the coliseum and then give Trump's SUV the middle finger as he drives by. I have family a few blocks away and I could then go watch him implode in the debate.

I think it's a good plan for Monday night

Old 09-20-2016, 12:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,447,327 times
Quote:
people don't normally say 'positive' things about people they're jealous of or people who are in the 'tabloids'
or people that like to swindle others.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:47 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,272,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I did not say he would win NY. I said he would not win NY. He will probably win the election though. Get used to it.
And which states is he going to win in order to get to 270 electoral votes?

Old 09-20-2016, 01:54 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Let me tell you something... New Jersey, Connecticut and New York know
Donald Trump ! They don't need tv news, he's been a household name
for 2 generations. All of Upstate, All the middle-class suburbs, Long Island,
and much of NYC proper (Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn) will be voting
for Trump - with Giuliani's help.
What is it that makes you think residents of the Tri-State area 'knowing' Donald Trump goes in his 'plus' column.?

I spent the first 59 years of my life in the Tri-State area, leaving in 2009, and what I know of Donny from that long exposure was that I believe him to be a self-promoting, self-aggrandizing, egotistical, narcissistic jackass, nothing more. Many from the area share that opinion.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:57 PM

1,009 posts, read 704,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
NYC hates Trump and always has. They know him too well.
Really is that a fact ?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 PM

1,009 posts, read 704,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What is it that makes you think residents of the Tri-State area 'knowing' Donald Trump goes in his 'plus' column.?

I spent the first 59 years of my life in the Tri-State area, leaving in 2009, and what I know of Donny from that long exposure was that I believe him to be a self-promoting, self-aggrandizing, egotistical, narcissistic jackass, nothing more. Many from the area share that opinion.
Oh really I hear the opposite and I know someone who worked for him nothing but kind words .

Old 09-20-2016, 08:00 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,669,545 times
Quote:
Actually, most people are amused at those in the gossip columns. Why would anyone be envious of people who need to live their personal lives in front of cameras and reporters? New Yorkers are fairly jaded and used to seeing celebs walking around so are probably not as impressed by their antics as others.

In any event, the Clintons are popular among their neighbors. Trump is not, which I assume is one of the reason he isolates himself and his family in modern day castles with moats.

There are many reasons New Yorkers dislike Trump--many. He will not win there.

"...Trump left his mark all over New York. Some in the city would like to erase it...."

"...To New Yorkers questioning whether actual life exists beyond the city’s borders, Trump’s foray into national politics is evidence not of his power, but of his irrelevance in the only town that matters...."

"...Here is where Trump became “The Donald,” a headline-spewing smokestack, his narrative defined by roaring political feuds (Koch once referred to him as “greedy, greedy, greedy”); spectacular scandal (“Best Sex I’ve Ever Had,” crowed his mistress in a New York Post headline); and fierce opposition from civic groups appalled by his skyline-altering projects (“Trump Tower,” for example, not to be confused with “Trump World Tower,” not to be confused with “Trump International Hotel and Tower”)..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...679_story.html
None of this is true, i'm pretty sure you didn't mean to lie on purpose, so i'll give you a pass.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:15 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times
Quote:
None of this is true, i'm pretty sure you didn't mean to lie on purpose, so i'll give you a pass.
Oh I'm very disappointed. I thought you were going to proclaim it debunked as you are often so wont to do.

Can't debunk it can you?

Old 09-20-2016, 08:16 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,669,545 times
Quote:
Oh I'm very disappointed. I thought you were going to debunk the entire article, as you often proclaim.

Can't debunk it can you?
do i need to debunk it? was just thinking you'd be smart enough to see thru it. i can debunk it if you'd like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections