Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 12:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You can only use Breitbart for any information.
You know, I saw an educated conservative pundit (also not a Trump fan) lamenting the fact that they have SO CONVINCED their base not to believe the media - that they actually believe Brietbart and Infowars above reputable papers like the WaPo, NYT, etc.

Therefore, they can't see Trump's flaws because they have been trained (like Pavlov's dogs) not to believe even reputable journalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 01:07 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If you learned that on the Snope's site, they're just trying to trick you. And if you googled it, it's probably not true.

Unless Breitbart or the National Enquirer said it, don't trust it.
Can't remember. Too much wine, too long ago. But, it would not have been Snope's or Wikipedia.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Can't remember. Too much wine, too long ago. But, it would not have been Snope's or Wikipedia.
I was just joking with you in the spirit of the thread.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Sleazy duplicitous democrats can register republican and taint the game.
And I would suspect that is the case here.
It's a question of trust and most people just don't trust Holt.
Wow, Holt must have really planned ahead for it, then. He just knew that trump would run for president someday as a republican - even tho trump was a pretty clear democrat back in 2003. And, Holt must have worked really hard to make sure he was going to get picked as a moderator, too. Switched his allegiance back in 2003 just for the things that are happening to trump today.

Most people just don't trust Holt? Care to back that up with some proof?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:11 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Since when party registration is "public record?" Show me the link. It is just too convenient that the person Trump singled out turns out to be a Republican.
In the current state in which I am a registered voter, it turns out that the information is shared... somehow... I know this because I am getting requests to donate to a specific party's candidate's campaign, with my name on the envelope. Not, 'dear voter' - my name. I had to change from 'independent' in order to vote in a closed primary, and the party I chose clearly found out I was resitered with them.

"The person trump singled out' is a moderator. That trump said he can't be fair to trump because he is a democrat (when he is actually a republican) is just because trump is stoopid. Not 'convenient'... stoopid.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:18 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Trump says no moderator needed. They will moderate themselves.

That would be a first for Trump. He and Roger Ailes have this in the bag.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You know, I saw an educated conservative pundit (also not a Trump fan) lamenting the fact that they have SO CONVINCED their base not to believe the media - that they actually believe Brietbart and Infowars above reputable papers like the WaPo, NYT, etc.

Therefore, they can't see Trump's flaws because they have been trained (like Pavlov's dogs) not to believe even reputable journalists.
True, because you can see it right here.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:07 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Wow, Holt must have really planned ahead for it, then. He just knew that trump would run for president someday as a republican - even tho trump was a pretty clear democrat back in 2003. And, Holt must have worked really hard to make sure he was going to get picked as a moderator, too. Switched his allegiance back in 2003 just for the things that are happening to trump today.

Most people just don't trust Holt? Care to back that up with some proof?
Hey, if they can do it with Obama's birth then they do it with Holt.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:14 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
Trump bots live in their own little bubble where facts are meaningless. If they say something over and over again, it then becomes fact.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:01 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
I'll let you all in on a little secret. It'll probably get me killed or disappeared, but whatever, making sure City Data folks get the truth is more important than any one person's life, so here goes:

Area 51 is not a place where they hide aliens. It's a place where the democrat party hides their time machine. Once Lester Holt was chosen to moderate the debate and Trump complained that he was a democrat, he got the call from Dem headquarters for a mission to go back in time and register as a republican.

Think about it.

If I haven't posted again within the next 10 minutes, it means someone from the future read my post and came back to get me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections