Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

The rich have been winning the class war for centuries.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not wondering nearly as much about her speech transcripts as I am about Trump's taxes, his health records, and his wife's immigration status.

What is he covering up?
LOL, your not worried what Hillary will do FOR all the big bankers? Ok then.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
No he can't. NOBODY can. No one has the slightest idea what this guy is going to do when and if he gains the power of the POTUS. And that's the problem for business interests and Wall Street. Uncertainty and instability are never good when you are trying to follow a business plan and remain profitable.
True. When I started my company it created uncertainty. I've done much, MUCH better than if I would have had I continued doing more of the same. The middle class likes so called "security" and typically don't take risks and in the rat race they stay waiting until they may be able to retire at 62, or a ripe old age of 65, 70. So be it, all I can say is thank god I took the risk. There's nothing better than being out of the rat race.

The rich are where they want to be, they don't want uncertainty. If Hillary wins the stock market (prices) continues to climb on top of the already over valued stock prices then you'll need even more money to buy stock (income) where the rich are already in, of course they don't want a drop. I'd rather see a drop (cheaper income), it will come back up allowing me to ride my money's value higher while also getting income.

Last edited by petch751; 09-22-2016 at 08:37 AM..

Old 09-22-2016, 08:25 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They got rich much faster under Obama and Hilary. It's the poor people who are dumb enough to believe in the railing against the top 1%. The rich people know better. Warren Buffet and George Soros are the ones come into mind.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You don’t go into Wall Street to help the world. You go in to make money. Wall Street is putting all of its eggs in the Hillary Clinton basket. The extent to which the industry’s heavyweights are backing her. There’s really only one explanation - they know she’s a sure thing.

Bloomberg or CNBC. Wall Street oligarchs aren’t rallying around Hillary because they find Trump offensive. The only thing these people find offensive is not making money. They know Hillary, they’ve paid Hillary, and they are 100% confident she will do their bidding.

Hillary will unquestionably keep this system in place. Trump, we just don’t know. This is why the real players Wall Street want Hillary. They want the riskless pillaging of society to continue uninterrupted. As usual, money talks.

Wall Street Goes "All In" For Hillary Clinton | Zero Hedge
First, your source is Zerohhedge, a dubious source.
Second, we have no idea who is financially supporting who. It doesn't make sense that Wall Street is not supporting Trump, who wants to repeal Dodd/Frank -- what Wall Street wants, and is supporting Clinton, who regardless of money from speeches, wants to heavily regulate Wall Street.

According to https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/ the financial industry donates 60.9% to Republicans.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
They got rich much faster under Obama and Hilary. It's the poor people who are dumb enough to believe in the railing against the top 1%. The rich people know better. Warren Buffet and George Soros are the ones come into mind.
Let me throw in some facts here, because this is a fact desert. The market tanked under Bush and rose 300% under Obama (Hillary was Secy of State and had no economic policy.) If you are blaming Obama because the markets recovered under his presidency, recovering stock markets are considered by normal people to be a good thing. Had the markets not recovered, the GOP loyalists would certainly have been bashing Obama. So, no matter what, they get to blame Obama.

Last edited by MTAtech; 09-22-2016 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let me throw in some facts here, because this is a fact dessert. The market tanked under Bush and rose 300% under Obama (Hillary was Secy of State and had no economic policy.) If you are blaming Obama because the markets recovered under his presidency, recovering stock markets are considered by normal people to be a good thing. Had the markets not recovered, the GOP loyalists would certainly have been bashing Obama. So, no matter what, they get to blame Obama.
Actually, the drop in the stock market allowed little ole middle class me to get in at lower prices and I rode that wave up! That's what I'm saying about Hillary vs Trump,

Hillary, market holds at already overvalued prices, your money buys less income,
Trump, market drop allowing people to buy in at more reasonable prices (your money buys more income), ride the wave up.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:43 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Trump would ruin the US economy as well as the world economy.

Trump already said he would renegotiate the outstanding US Debt to pay back only a portion of what is due. The issue here is that the debt holders are Medicare and our Social Security money. This means Trump would bankrupt social security and medicare (OUR money) by taking away money that social security and medicare has set aside. If they had 1 million saved and that money is in US Savings Bonds, Trump would say: You get $600,000 instead of $1million that you had in your savings account. Do they cut our Social Security checks 40% because Trump decided to steal 40% from Social Security money that was invested in US Savings Bonds, which are supposed to be safe? Trump has done this to individual small business for many years and it devastated them. Trump already said he plans to do the same with US Savings Bonds. Every single American would be negatively impacted by this for the rest of their lives and also their future children and grandchildren would be negatively impacted for most of their lives.

Every US individual and US business that has money in savings bonds would lose out on their money, in additionion to Medicare and Social Security money being wiped out. Pension funds are big investors too. This means pensions would lose out on their investments and be forced to cut pensions. People that were all set to retire and planned on a pension - they would be surprised with a massive reduction in their montly pension check because Trump stole the money from the pension fund. These retirees would have both their montlhy pension and their monthly social security check cut plus possibly any mutual funds reduced if those funds invested in US bonds.

This alone would cause major issues and wreck the US economy.

This is a BIG DEAL and will impact the US for 30 -50 years into the future. And people worry about whether Hillary had a helping hand to climb onto a stage, yet Trump's going to bankrupt our entire country and reduce everyone's retirement benefits.

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-22-2016 at 08:55 AM..

Old 09-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
First, your source is Zerohhedge, a dubious source.
Second, we have no idea who is financially supporting who. It doesn't make sense that Wall Street is not supporting Trump, who wants to repeal Dodd/Frank -- what Wall Street wants, and is supporting Clinton, who regardless of money from speeches, wants to heavily regulate Wall Street.

According to https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/ the financial industry donates 60.9% to Republicans.
This kind of talk is all over including darling Marc Cuban who hopes you will listen to him so the value of his investments doesn't drop. Obviously he wants the wave to go higher. Of course he did say he was shorting so they win either way.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump would ruin the US economy as well as the world economy.

Trump already said he would renegotiate the outstanding US Debt to pay back on a portion of what is due. The issue here is that the debt holders are Medicare and our Social Security money. This means Trump would bankrupts social security and medicare (OUR money) by taking away money that social security and medicare has set aside. If they had 1 million saved and that money is in US Savings Bonds, Trump would say: You get $600,000 instead of $1million that you had in your savings account.

Every US individual and US business that has money in savings bonds would lose out on their money.

This alone would cause major issues and wreck the US economy.
hmm, Trump wanting to fight so I can keep more of my money in the form of lower taxes? And you think that's a bad thing? When in reality he may hurt the rich instead and they don't want that. You got to think it through sware2cod. The likes of people like Marc Cuban don't care about you, they care about "their" bottom line, they got the megaphone and they're working hard to convince you what they want you to believe (for their benefit).

but if you're mind is made up and you dont' want to bother, ok then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections