Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Hi Don. Can you tell us his plans for America and how they are a disaster waiting to happen and how the economy would crumble?
These articles comparing Trump's plans with Clinton's might help you understand the ramification of their various proposals.

Forbes Welcome

Moody's Says Clinton's Policies Will Make U.S. Economy Stronger

Moody's: Hillary Clinton will make economy 'stronger' vs. Donald Trump 'recession'

Trump's plan would cause 3.5 million job losses, Moody's says - Jun. 21, 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rich people with a megaphone, the same people who encouraged buying real estate during the housing bubble?

Old 09-22-2016, 08:57 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
If you want more of the same since Reagan, go with Hillary. Will Trump be different? I don't know. But I do know for fact the Hillary will be more of the same.

That said, Go Trump...I think?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
If you want more of the same since Reagan, go with Hillary. Will Trump be different? I don't know. But I do know for fact the Hillary will be more of the same.
"Different" doesn't always mean better. With Trump, 'different' will be ten times worse. But it won' t be worse only for the 4 years if Trump was president. The stuff he will do will impact the US and every single person in the US for many years into the future. You think you can just elect someone else in 4 years to fix things? Trump would make things so terrible that it would take decades to fix. Trump is so crazy he could cause world war 3 and wreak havoc that is worse than what anyone could ever imagine. He could cause the eventual demise of the entire country. It's hard to imagine, but it's possible with Trump's big ego and his lack of control.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:

As far as economic plans?

Trump's is the same old trickle down BS. Nothing new under the sun.

There's your 'change agent'.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:06 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:

The substance of the Trump narrative is standard GOP: government bad! taxes and regulation bad! free markets rool like Reagan!

What’s curious is why, exactly, anyone should believe this story. In recent memory, GW Bush won the same tax-cuts Trump now wants and failed to deliver the promised Bush boom and eventually presided over disaster; the Obama economy has not been all one might have hoped, but as many have noted, the job growth of the past three years and the income growth that has finally emerged would have been hailed as triumphs if Mitt Romney were president. Taking the longer view, Clinton > Reagan and Obama > Bush, by almost any measure. Why doesn’t this reality seem to register and why would "more of the same" be bad, when we previously had disaster from Bush <Trump> policies?

Let's look at private sector jobs:

Old 09-22-2016, 09:11 AM

I think that both parties are in a power sharing agreement. And that no matter who is in office most of the economies benefits go to the 0.1%. The rest of us are here to clean the toilets, mow the lawn, and keep the savages from getting into their gated communities.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
I think that both parties are in a power sharing agreement. And that no matter who is in office most of the economies benefits go to the 0.1%. The rest of us are here to clean the toilets, mow the lawn, and keep the savages from getting into their gated communities.
That's not really true. Had Romney won in 2012, with the GOP Congress, he would have made the Bush tax-cuts permanent. Between Obama upper-end Obamacare taxes and the expiration of the high-end Bush tax cuts made possible by Mr. Obama’s re-election, the average federal tax rate on the top 1% has risen quite a lot. In fact, it’s roughly back to what it was in 1979, pre-Ronald Reagan, something nobody seems to know. Elections do have consequences.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's not really true. Had Romney won in 2012, with the GOP Congress, he would have made the Bush tax-cuts permanent. Between Obama upper-end Obamacare taxes and the expiration of the high-end Bush tax cuts made possible by Mr. Obama’s re-election, the average federal tax rate on the top 1% has risen quite a lot. In fact, it’s roughly back to what it was in 1979, pre-Ronald Reagan, something nobody seems to know. Elections do have consequences.
Had I won powerball last week I would now be typing to you from some beautiful city in Europe.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
"Different" doesn't always mean better. With Trump, 'different' will be ten times worse. But it won' t be worse only for the 4 years if Trump was president. The stuff he will do will impact the US and every single person in the US for many years into the future. You think you can just elect someone else in 4 years to fix things? Trump would make things so terrible that it would take decades to fix. Trump is so crazy he could cause world war 3 and wreak havoc that is worse than what anyone could ever imagine. He could cause the eventual demise of the entire country. It's hard to imagine, but it's possible with Trump's big ego and his lack of control.
Wow, you really OD'd on liberal drink... aaahhh the world will come to an end, LOL. The drama resulting from desperation is so funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections