Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:24 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Really, what sense does it make to disclose that type of information to the public? Its a war strategy. Why leak it and have the enemy be able to prepare for it.

Even way before Trump stated that he stated, I always questioned why Obama would disclose dates/times/strategy on what our military would be doing in regards to our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
he disclosed it to give them a head start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 10:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Trump doesn't have a secret strategy.

If there was a way to win this, someone would have proposed it in the last 14 years.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can't defeat an idea that has nothing to lose.
Where are the Nazis?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

If there was a way to win this, someone would have proposed it in the last 14 years.
There may not be a sure-fire strategy to win it outright but why wait two years to bomb their oil fields? What was up with that? And we are STILL not doing it right. If you unleash the air force they can seal Raqqa. Instead, a dusty little town in the middle of nowhere is still functioning three years after ISIS took it over. No wonder in the middle east they think US is behind ISIS.

Old 09-23-2016, 05:46 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

I agree. I doubt he has figured out a new way that would surprise ISIS (unless he is planning to nuke the entire region).

It reminds me of an old cartoon from WWII (1944). Two men in a bar, a map of Europe spread before them with arrows drawn all over it. One man says "Of course, for my plan to work, we would have to bring everyone home and start all over again".

Old 09-23-2016, 05:50 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Really, what sense does it make to disclose that type of information to the public? Its a war strategy. Why leak it and have the enemy be able to prepare for it.

Even way before Trump stated that he stated, I always questioned why Obama would disclose dates/times/strategy on what our military would be doing in regards to our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
It makes no sense at all and is one of the reasons that Obama has been such a failure.

Even in team sports, one team does not give its game plan to the other team so why on earth would we put our security on the line by telling how we will defeat ISIS?

It is just something in these desperate times for Hillary's campaign to over. We did notice that until someone hacked the DNC that we didn't learn how they planned to give Hillary the nomination, so I wonder why they didn't give that information in a press conference.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Hey, why limit it to war strategies? Sounds like most Trumpettes believe Donny when he says he knows more than anybody about everything. No reason to question a man with a history of self-promoting lies and hyperbolic blather, right?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
OK...we stop playing that game.

Then what? Kill indiscriminately?

Lol...that's a failed strategy if there ever was one. Being a Jeffersonian Democracy comes with certain responsibilities. No terror group is worth this nation losing its soul. If we lose it, we'll never get it back. It'll be easier to sink even further into depravity in the next conflict.

Then what separates the United States from Al Qaeda or ISIS? Nothing. You wanna live in THAT nation?

Not me. I'm not one of these "I'm leaving if so and so is elected" types, but if we sink to the depths of a nation that can no longer maintain some level of sanity when dealing with foreign policy, I'm out of here. Seriously. I don't wanna live in Nazi Germany.
There ya go!

The moral and ethical imperatives behind the founding of your nation resulting from intelligent men having had enough of living in an EMPIRE, with all the human atrocities that brings to the table.

Funny that Constitution thingy, with it's supposed checks and balances against the might of a nation being used for all the wrong purposes; it's genesis being misinterpreted or forgotten completely.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:29 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
He has no plan is why.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Where are the Nazis?
There is no head to cut off with Isis. Once Hitler was gone it was over. We hear every little bit "Head of Isis killed". There is no head, it's just an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections