Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't think Trump is lazy or dumb. But what he will be is a part-time president -- he will spend half of the day in the Oval Office running his many businesses and making deals.
He's already said his kids who already well versed in running business will take over. Of course I'm sure liberal media didn't report that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 11:41 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He's already said his kids who already well versed in running business will take over. Of course I'm sure liberal media didn't report that.
Yes, of course they reported it, along with laughing their heads off that he seriously thinks that will avoid the conflict of interest he will continue to have. Ivanka even said that they won't make deals that would conflict with policy, so I guess that means he'll also be telling the kiddies classified info otherwise how would they know there might be a conflict?

Donald Trump's 'Blind Trust' Plan Makes No Sense

Old 09-23-2016, 11:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
"New York" magazine started off, and still is, a poor imitation of the
classic "The New Yorker" magazine.

One look at the photo caption belies their intentions:

"Donald Trump is like a brain-damaged chimpanzee"

mmkay. bye.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:46 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Trump is a corrupt liar and I am surprised he made it this far. Yet the NY Times feels comfortable calling him lazy while his schedule runs laps around Hillary who is also a corrupt liar whose crimes should have prevented her from running.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:50 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:

This is laughable....does anyone think his kids would run his businesses without any input from him. Does anyone think he would make decisions that would harm his businesses. He has financial interest all over the world and many of them we have no knowledge of.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, Ivanka said that they will self police to avoid any conflict of interest.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:58 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, of course they reported it, along with laughing their heads off that he seriously thinks that will avoid the conflict of interest he will continue to have. Ivanka even said that they won't make deals that would conflict with policy, so I guess that means he'll also be telling the kiddies classified info otherwise how would they know there might be a conflict?

Donald Trump's 'Blind Trust' Plan Makes No Sense
Ivanka is by far the most poised and appealing of the Trumps but will she have time to manage all her father's business interests and still oversee her line of jewelry.

From what I've seen of her brothers, managing a Kinkos would be a stretch.

So who will be overseeing the farflung financial empire?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This is laughable....does anyone think his kids would run his businesses without any input from him. Does anyone think he would make decisions that would harm his businesses. He has financial interest all over the world and many of them we have no knowledge of.
Of course they would ask for his input. Geez. As for self police anyone can do a better job than Hillary who had her server in a bathroom and scrubbed her server after she was told to hand over the emails.

The liberal media covered and will continue to cover for Hillary but they'll be all over Trump where he won't even be able to go to the bathroom without it being reported. I'd rather have a president that media will do their job and where Trump will be watched and held accountable than one, Hillary who already knows she can get away with everything.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:01 PM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Apparently it's gone over your head that this second piece (article commenting on another from the NY Times) is strictly a conjectural opinion piece from sources that have admittedly and unashamedly abandoned any professionalism, rules of journalism and any pretense of objectivity in their zeal to ensure Trump is not elected to the WH. As such this is yet another piece that appears to be written by spoiled adolescents trying to outdo each other the name-calling arena.So silly.
Agreed. These types of articles are usually opinion pieces from the paper's staff.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Oh yeah, Ivanka said that they will self police to avoid any conflict of interest.
Of course she did. The Trumps are all skilled in running the con.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections