Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
CNN POLL

62% Clinton

27% Trump

And that, my friends, is his high watermark.

Stick a fork in him.
They also said that the people polled were very overwhelmingly Democrat.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:39 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If you watched the debate to find out who would win an argument in a bar, Trump won.

If you watched the debate to find out who is ready to serve as President, Hillary won.
You watched a different debate than the rest of us..

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I noticed that too.. when Hillary first spoke , she was so rehearsed.. like reading a script.. ever notice that Hillary says a lot of words and there are not many thoughts in it.. just a bunch of words that mean nothing. I got nothing from all that talk of hers.. talking in circles are the trait of politicians and Hillary is the best at saying nothing with many words.
I especially liked how she got distracted in the very beginning and said how nice it was to see Donald Trump.

She was searching for firm footing.

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
All I can think about are all those threads about HRC's health...about her stamina, her passing out, etc.

LOL, it must feel awful to support an orange buffoon who lets you down...bigly!
Well, Trump cocaine is all over twitter. Other people thought it was "cocaine sniffles" too. People snort it to make them perk up -- but it gives you sniffles.

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I think he's using cocaine.
Nah. If he'd been doing coke he would have done a much better job, belive me.

Trump is just that awful straight. Scary isn't it?

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Hey he doesn't play by their rules... oh well. It's actually one of his strong points.

My vote for Trump is strictly based on his ideas outlined on his website, certainly not his personality and presentation though.
No, it's not one of his strong points. And he has no "ideas." People can say anything they want on a website; what's his track record? Offshoring jobs? Going bankrupt?

Old 09-26-2016, 09:40 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Sample was about 10% more Democratic than the nation at large, still doesn't correlate into a 35% difference.

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Well, that was fun. Hillary looked amazing in Republican red. Her makeup was as flawless as it could get. Her eyes and teeth sparkled like diamonds. And I have to hand it to her, she looked quite healthy.

She also is a good debater - no doubt about that. She kept her cool for the most part and knew how to hit below the belt and to leave out the important 'facts' (the ones we probably won't see on her 'fact checker' website) - and Donald was Donald - a very intelligent and highly experienced man (just not in the same arena as Hillary), with great ideas (and I think the ability to make those ideas into something good for America) but he didn't get his points across very well in contrast to how she was handling herself.

It was almost as though she was a robot at times however .. so scripted, not much spontaneity. One of the things I like about Donald generally is that I think he is a very astute and adept problem solver who comes from the 'seat of the pants' school - and I admire that kind of skill along with his tenacity and vision. But, hey that is just me .. I am sure that Hillary supporters everywhere are chortling at me and him right now because I admit, he didn't show that off well tonight. So be it.

He allowed her to get to him at times. I also think someone talked to him about the dangers of battling it out with a woman on stage so he was more or less a gentleman - but, I think he took that too much to heart .. and the end result was unfortunately that he let her have this. He didn't hit her back with what I know he knows and should have asked her .. he got sidetracked and/or fell into her traps. I also thought he was too gracious/diplomatic - and honest - when he pointed out several times when he agreed with Hillary. Hillary, by contrast, was not gracious at all - but she did keep that pretty red smile plastered on her face .. and those eyes a-blinking at the audience. Way to go, girl.

So, if there is or has to be a winner here, much as I wish it wasn't the case, then Hillary took it. But, that doesn't mean I think less of Donald at all.

It was a bit frustrating to watch as he missed a number of opportunities to bring out the gaps in her brilliantly crafted oratory. It almost felt as though she had the questions in advance and maybe had helped prepare a few of them. It was such a surprise (sure it was) to see Lester target Trump overtly several times but apparently Hillary didn't warrant the same treatment .. advantage again to the lady in red.

So (if it is important at all) Hillary 'won' I guess. I don't think however that Donald 'lost' or that anyone will be changing sides though.

But, I do have some questions/areas of confusion:

1) Donald says we need jobs. I agree with him. Even liberals complain quite often that jobs (especially good paying ones) are hard to find these days - and yet, apparently the unemployment rate is really low now according to the government - in fact, as good as it usually ever gets .. what is it ~ 5% these days? So why, if that is the case, does Hillary even ramble on about how she will ensure there will be more jobs? Donald who does not believe the government numbers should be the only one even talking about that subject (how to get jobs back, retain what we have, etc.)

2) Hillary rambled on about the inner city crime problems and getting guns off the street but much of what she talked about, while having the appearance of making sense, was just gobbledegook. But, hey, it all really boils down to 'the police need more training' and 'we have to get guns away from ... well, we weren't really clear about who or how that would happen, now were we? But, stop and frisk is unconstitutional as far as she is concerned - and oh, it never worked (even though it did). That segment ... ummm I do hope people were awake and really listened to what she was saying. It was all window dressing and no substance but dang it sounded good when all we were really doing was focussing on that smile, didn't it?

3) The 'gotcha's' for Trump (thanks Lester) ... he didn't have quick answers for several of those prepared and he should have! He fell into the trap on the Obama birthplace one - and focussed on the start of that rather than on the length of time it took him to end it - which frankly had a lot to do with the fact that getting information about something this simple - reliable, trustworthy information - was next to impossible and time consuming because O and co. stonewalled. That should have been fast to resolve and it wasn't Donald didn't say that .. and that was all he should have said. Nothing else .. sigh. He also fell into the 'you supported the Iran war' trap. Enough said .. other than NO is a complete sentence.

4) Reading over my notes .. I see a lot of gibberish and wishy-washy questionable stuff coming from the Hillary side. Donald really needs to get better at his quips and short answers. He tried to hit her back but she mostly ignored him and kept on with her 90 minute prepared speech - and he didn't come back at her as he should - because there were things he could have easily picked apart.

Oh well .. I hope he learns from this experience because there will be two more 'debates' for him to excel in. I am fairly sure he can .. but I am equally sure he must.

Last edited by Aery11; 09-26-2016 at 09:48 PM..

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Neither Cheney nor Bush have traveled to Europe since leaving office. They have, however, traveled elsewhere. What does that tell you?
Tells me they have no interest in wearing steel bracelets and leg shackles during their National Lampoon's European Vacation.

mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Quote:
Because in the population there are more Democrats......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections