Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'll support it.

Why? Because it's stupid to pay taxes to support people who aren't working because there are no jobs. 1 in 6 adults are on food stamps for example.

This should be obvious to anyone doing a little critical thinking on the matter.
1 in 6 Americans are on food stamps (SNAP benefits) which are about $4.50 a day.

The majority of recipients are children followed by non- elderly disabled and then elderly. 31% of households receiving this benefit contain at least one adult who is employed.

The children generally have the rotten luck of being born to biological parents unable or unwilling to take financial responsibility for them.

Children, disabled and the elderly are not likely going to engage in infrastructure employment.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:30 PM

372 posts, read 519,261 times
Newt Gingrich: Debate an ‘enormous, historic victory’ for Donald Trump | Political Insider blog

If he believes this, he is equally as delusional.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:30 PM

89 posts, read 141,468 times
Default My take on the 1st debate

If I were a college professor grading oral presentation, then Hillary would get an A-. Yes, she was more organized, concise and her words flowed. Trump would be lucky to get a D+. He was somewhat disorganized, evasive and did not follow the agenda as closely as Hillary did. But again, that’s on presentation.

There are valid concerns over Trump’s taxes and bankruptcy. And Hillary brought up his lack of experience. All in all, I’ve never seen two candidates less competent for the office as this particular election. Gone is the dignity (and maturity) of Kennedy vs. Nixon, Ford vs Carter, and Reagan vs Carter.
But in spite of this, I think we must consider the following. Yes, Hillary’s presentation was far more articulate, and palatable, especially to her loyal followers, but so was the Trojan Horse! We’ve heard that same crap from the ‘D’ candidates for the last 20-30 years. Any informed voter should realize it’s just a nicely polished beautiful horse with nothing inside but hardships, loss of jobs, death of start-up businesses, out-sourcing and more loss of constitutional liberties to political correctness. We fell for it for decades. The poor blacks are still in ‘da hood.’ More college grads than ever are NOT finding decent employment they studied for, and we’re probably sitting on another bubble that’s about to burst. (Which is a fault of the citizenry and not the politicians.) Trickle-down may fail, but their policies have failed even worse. It turned the northern-tier foundry into the rust belt! The rich aren’t going to pay their fair share not matter what. They’re going to flee to Outer Mongoila who will welcome them with open arms and let them pay their shepherds and farmers $1/hour.

And thus the question of Trump’s integrity arises. Well, I think he makes Richard Nixon look like Mother Teresa. But at this point, who would YOU want at negotiating tables around the world, huh? You want a soft P.C. tongued POTUS dealing with N.Korea, Putin, or the M.E.? Or would you want the brash Trump pounding his fist on the table, telling them that he will not sell American taxpayers and jobs to them. And yes, tax evasion is worse than Watergate, but maybe it’s a small price to pay for protectionism of U.S. interests. And what we can’t deny, even if Trump were to sell out his own mother, is that those 30 years ARE bad of democratic polices. They had a chance and it failed the US wage-earner. It failed many of the college graduates. It failed the inner cities, which are still rotting or being gentrified by the very rich they’re supposedly going to tax the hell out of. And the ACA seemed to only have increased the cost of healthcare to many. A few benefitted at the cost of many, and it was those whom they pointed the news camera at. Therefore, whatever Trump has done in his sordid past doesn’t change this.

Therefore I have concluded that Trump is the lesser of two evils by a narrow margin, though I’d have preferred someone else altogether. It seems as if Hillary is just Merkel II. Let’s not make that mistake again.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:34 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,909,881 times
I think it is perfectly clear who the sick candidate is here. Clue... it ain't Trump. You Hillary libs are laughable.
Have any of you been watching the news in the last year? Apparently not.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:36 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,276,434 times
I did notice that Trump drank lots of water while Hillary drank none. She held up surprisingly well. No coughs or wobbling.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hillary clearly won, no question about it. Drumpf was uncomfortable and off his game, especially in the last 20 minutes or so.

But it won't move the polls much. The Pubs/Hillary haters are set in concrete. The anti-Drumpfers are, also. The few unswayed in the middle are still largely saying Johnson. So, Hill might get a small bump, I don't think it will amount to much.

But on election day, there won't be 10% voting for Johnson. I think most of them will get to the polls and vote for Hill on Nov 8th. They just aren't buying into Drumpf's bluster and BS. Honestly, that's all he's offering.
I don't know.

I live in a strong Republican area. This time, 4 years ago, front yards were bursting with Romney signs. I have yet to see a Trump or Hillary sign. The signage out there tends to be for Senator.

People groan when it comes to the election. It's possible many are embarrassed and come Election Day will vote a straight Republican ticket like they always do or perhaps just stay home. I think women are more likely to seriously consider switching teams because of Trump's derogatory remarks about women, not because Hillary is a woman.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:37 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,105,370 times
Trump didn't just lose, he got owned. Everyone knew this was coming except of course trump fanatics.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Trump lost bigly!

Source??

The only poll I have seen this morning gave Trump 82 points and Hillary 17. Big loss huh?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM

6,387 posts, read 4,079,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Source??

The only poll I have seen this morning gave Trump 82 points and Hillary 17. Big loss huh?
Online polls? Hint: most people aren't online and taking online polls.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Trump didn't just lose, he got owned. Everyone knew this was coming except of course trump fanatics.

What a crock of BS. Hillary supporters are living in la la land. You have a sick lying candidate who should not be President.

And it is funny I have heard Hillary got owned. Perhaps you can tell me who is right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections