Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,897,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
And if anything the Democratic party is the one that works to split people into groups need I go into more detail?
Exactly!! Always looking to pit one group vs. another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM

438 posts, read 1,505,492 times
Default I feel your pain

This has been a difficult election for me. I grew up in an extremely conservative household. Rush Limbaugh was the supreme knowledge source. Ronald Reagan was worshiped. Everything conservative and Republican was awesome and all things liberal and Democratic was of the devil (yes, my dad is a Southern Baptist minister). I too was told the black man would ruin white America. I joined the military and by default continued my conservative views. I voted for GWB twice thinking Republicans were better for the military than Democrats.

Now I just want to annihilate the Republican Party. Yes, it is the party of fear. "Oh no! All Arabs are terrorists out to bomb America!" "Muslims want to kill all Christians." "All black people are on welfare." The Mexicans are coming to take your jobs, rape your daughters, and force-feed you quesadillas." "The Gays are responsible for AIDS and 9/11. We should ban gay marriage and solve all America's problems." "If you vote for a democrat the terrorists will take over our country." "The Democrats won't fund the military." All of these statements are general conservative propaganda. Deny it all you want, but you know its true.

So, I now officially give up on the republican party. All those times I voted for republicans thinking they'd increase our military pay was for nothing. You know what our pay raise was this year? Thirty dollars a month! And it came late! You can take that thirty dollars and shove it! No, not all Arabs and Muslims are out to get me. Yes, I know their scriptures tell them to kill all infidels. You know the Bible, which I believe in, tells me to go out and kill all gay people, people who sleep with their relatives and in-laws, and a alot more people. Do all Christians want to kill all gay people? Not this Christian. Not all black people are on welfare. Barak Obama for one isn't. No, the Mexicans aren't coming to get me either. The vast majority of them just want to feed their families like you and I. Yes, I know they're breaking the law, but so are you every time that speedometer goes 1 mph over the speed limit. No, the gays didn't cause 9/11 or AIDS, no matter what you believe. And no, the democrats won't let the terrorist take over. They're probably less likely to tick them off since democrats aren't controlled by big oil.

So yeah, republicans aren't about hope. And yes, I'm voting for that Muslim, terrorist, gay commie Obama. At least he can pronounce nuclear.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,110,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
This has been a difficult election for me. I grew up in an extremely conservative household. Rush Limbaugh was the supreme knowledge source. Ronald Reagan was worshiped. Everything conservative and Republican was awesome and all things liberal and Democratic was of the devil (yes, my dad is a Southern Baptist minister). I too was told the black man would ruin white America. I joined the military and by default continued my conservative views. I voted for GWB twice thinking Republicans were better for the military than Democrats.

Now I just want to annihilate the Republican Party. Yes, it is the party of fear. "Oh no! All Arabs are terrorists out to bomb America!" "Muslims want to kill all Christians." "All black people are on welfare." The Mexicans are coming to take your jobs, rape your daughters, and force-feed you quesadillas." "The Gays are responsible for AIDS and 9/11. We should ban gay marriage and solve all America's problems." "If you vote for a democrat the terrorists will take over our country." "The Democrats won't fund the military." All of these statements are general conservative propaganda. Deny it all you want, but you know its true.
There are a couple left. Ron Paul is one of the Goldwater Republicans and his voting record proves it. Never voted for a tax increase, or unbalanced budget. Didn't vote for Iraq invasion, nor does he vote to continue funding the war like Obama and Hillary do. He's what I want the Republican Party to return to. It's happening slowly. The hardest part is to weed out the fear factor candidates and talk about real issues. The terrorist threat will never destroy us. We're doing it fast than they could.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:38 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,336,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
OK, first, I didn't make this stuff up. Did you see the quotes? Like you said, do a Google search and you'll find the same info.

I'm not saying for one minute that there are not racist blacks and liberals...nor am I saying that the Dems are perfect and all Reps are bad. There are plenty of bad apples on both sides in Washington and all over the country. Yes, I think this congress has been lame too, but not nearly as bad as Bush/Cheney.

My point is that this forum has become overrun by people making statements they cannot, or will not, backup with any facts or details. I came here hoping for intelligent debate, and hoping I might learn something, or be brought around to a different way of thinking...but instead, I'm bombarded by childish posts which offer no substance what-so-ever.

If you are going to make a post in this forum criticizing a political figure...is it too much to ask that you back it up with a couple facts or some details?

I hope you understand, that by refusing to provide details, you are basically admitting that you can't provide details, because your statement is nothing but empty, baseless, ranting and raving.

You sure do hate you some democrats...can't explain why, but doggonit, you sure do hate 'em.

Uh, listen...I hate to point out the obvious, but "nuff said" isn't much of a quote, yet you used it twice.

Out of 7 people (I'm guessing this is all you could find throughout the last 100 or so years?), two are older than dirt, and you failed to mention that David Duke was a longtime Democrat before he ever switched parties; not only that, the GOP doesn't recognize him as a member of the Republican Party due to his racist views. He is against the Iraq war wholly; he believes our aid to Israel is completely without merit. Shoot, he's more of a Democrat now than he ever was.

I also hate to point out that Republicans in this country have done more to give equal and civil rights to all than any Democrat. Heck, libs know if we were all really equal, they'd be outta business. Need I bring up how much money is given to minority and homeless charities by Republicans over Democrats?

Republicans are split right now, and it's not a good sign for the party as a whole. You don't hear about Democrats leaving to become Independents.

IMHO, Mitt Romney was the only chance the Republicans had of securing the White House and keeping the party intact. McCain is a wolf in sheep's clothing, at least to this conservative American; I believe that ignorance among the naive and uneducated in this country will lead Barack Obama to the Presidency, and I will be praying every day that God watches over him, because he's gonna need all the help he can get.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
There are a couple left. Ron Paul is one of the Goldwater Republicans and his voting record proves it. Never voted for a tax increase, or unbalanced budget. Didn't vote for Iraq invasion, nor does he vote to continue funding the war like Obama and Hillary do. He's what I want the Republican Party to return to. It's happening slowly. The hardest part is to weed out the fear factor candidates and talk about real issues. The terrorist threat will never destroy us. We're doing it fast than they could.
I really like Ron Paul's message. I agree 100% with his foreign policy. Unfortunately he strikes me as a little off his rocker. I read his website before I actually heard him speak and was completely ready to throw my support behind him. Then I saw him on TV and was kinda scared. I know he's an intelligent man with wonderful ideas, and I'm sure the media edited him to look crazy, but ! I'm sorry, but after GWB we need someone who the whole world will not laugh at, and probably not another Texan! (No offense to Texans out there. You guys are wonderful people who are poorly misrepresented by GWB.)

Old 02-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I really like Ron Paul's message. I agree 100% with his foreign policy. Unfortunately he strikes me as a little off his rocker. I read his website before I actually heard him speak and was completely ready to throw my support behind him. Then I saw him on TV and was kinda scared. I know he's an intelligent man with wonderful ideas, and I'm sure the media edited him to look crazy, but ! I'm sorry, but after GWB we need someone who the whole world will not laugh at, and probably not another Texan! (No offense to Texans out there. You guys are wonderful people who are poorly misrepresented by GWB.)
Just like Obama, he talks about all the things he would like to do, but most of them would be left up to Congress to decide. The idea now is not to win the presidency or the nomination, but force the GOP from the inside out to actually adhere to all the things they've paid lip service to since Ronald Reagan.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Just like Obama, he talks about all the things he would like to do, but most of them would be left up to Congress to decide. The idea now is not to win the presidency or the nomination, but force the GOP from the inside out to actually adhere to all the things they've paid lip service to since Ronald Reagan.
Agreed. Even though I consider myself a Christian, the Christian right really bothers me. And yes, they have taken over the republican party. I hope ron Paul continues to be the voice of reason for the republican party. Heck, I hope he starts his own party. But, for right now, I just cannot support John McCain and the republican party.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Agreed. Even though I consider myself a Christian, the Christian right really bothers me. And yes, they have taken over the republican party. I hope ron Paul continues to be the voice of reason for the republican party. Heck, I hope he starts his own party. But, for right now, I just cannot support John McCain and the republican party.
I understand. I don't support what the party does, but I do appreciate it's platform. Those are not the same these days.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,549,043 times
Quote:
I understand. I don't support what the party does, but I do appreciate it's platform. Those are not the same these days.
This one statement makes a lot of sense. In fact I think this is common sense, and common sense is always a breath of fresh air.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,549,043 times
What's a liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections