Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:12 AM

8,678 posts, read 11,067,849 times

Advertisements

Our nation has turned into a bad reality show.

Let's face it, if it was Jeb vs Hillary....I bet most people won't care or watch the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
I have followed both candidates throughout all the debates and I cannot believe this is the cream of the crop in leadership candidacy to lead our great country. This is pathetic, I cannot believe these are our choices. Is our political system so corrupt that we cannot find an intelligent, trustworthy and true visionary to lead our country? Don't get me wrong I think both Trump & Clinton have a few valid points & ideas but geez they are both just so slimy that I would not want them using my bathroom. Both candidates are scary and I fear what the results will be but like being in a car sliding on ice, you just have to ride the ride until it stops & hope through a miracle that the damage will be minimal.

Like throughout history our country for each generation is facing very challenging issues but if we have incompetent leadership this only compounds and expands the problems. I was not even alive but from what I have read we need an FDR type of leader at this time.

America is a great country & I love this country but right now I am embarrassed at our collective choice for a President candidate.
I think Hillary was fantastic and I completely disagree with your assessment - as do millions of Americans.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:19 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,741,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
No, these clearly are not the best two candidates.

However, this is the by-product of a political system dominated by two parties and dozens of special interest groups.
Lobbying should be outlawed, period! Politics should be based solely on the good of the country instead of being run by Wall St. or whoever has the most money to throw around.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,741,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think Hillary was fantastic and I completely disagree with your assessment - as do millions of Americans.
Just as millions of Americans are Trump supporters.

I am in the camp that they both are terrible and will be horrible going forward. Too many Americans vote simply by party....as they could put a monkey up as a Republican or a Democrat and there are those that would vote simply because they are in favor of one party or the other, many political party biases stem from their parents points of view and is passed down as well.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
Just as millions of Americans are Trump supporters.

I am in the camp that they both are terrible and will be horrible going forward. Too many Americans vote simply by party....as they you could put a monkey up as a Republican or a Democrat and there are those that would vote simply because they are in favor of one party or the other, many political party biases stem from their parents points of view and is passed down.
I vote by the issues that are important to me. Period. Too much focus on the individual.

Libertarian platform does not speak to the issues that I care about OR are totally opposite of the issues I care about - with the exception of some social issues.

Green party is too far OUT there with no plans to accomplish one plan.

I live in a swing state and I'm a realist. One of the two people on stage last night will be President. I want to have a say in which one.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:33 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Unfortunately the best choices probably wouldn't even want to run for President.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
In general, American society is stuck in the mud, because in this democracy,
where anyone can vote, societal progress of the large kind is very difficult and slow
to transpire. The majority has to agree on society's role, form, function, direction
and purpose. There is very little cooperation in our society. We're still clinging to
outmoded ideologies such as laissez-faire capitalism, consumption over conservation,
jobs over purposeful work, reluctance to embrace new large-scale transformative
technologies, war and domination, fear and intimidation, complexity over simplicity
in law, etc.

The re-presentative democracy is not optimal, especially when the citizens are so
divergently wise or capable deciders. Information is manipulated.

We are manipulated into embracing ways of life that are harmful and unenjoyable.

You're asking why more erudite, visionary people are not elected president; this is why.

I believe the more penetrating question is WHY do we even have a president anymore ?
How does it help us to have a president at all ?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Professional Salesman vs professional politician. Both are good liars in their professions.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:26 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Our nation has turned into a bad reality show.

Let's face it, if it was Jeb vs Hillary....I bet most people won't care or watch the debate.
There is so little difference between Jeb and Hillary....what difference would it make anyway?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:27 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Professional Salesman vs professional politician. Both are good liars in their professions.
But that's just it-last night they weren't even decent liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections