Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And this article says that Trump has bilked NYC and the feds out of millions of dollars:

"He has boasted of manipulating government agencies, misleading officials in one case into believing he had an exclusive agreement to develop a property and then retroactively changing the development's accounting practices to shrink his tax bill.
Karen Burstein, a former auditor general of New York City, reviewed a major Trump project in the 1980s and concluded he had "cheated" the city out of nearly $2.9 million. Decades later, Burstein said she was still appalled at the way Trump operated."

Donald Trump: Developer has thrived with government's generosity - latimes

And did you know that the taxpayers are on the hook for his SS protection?

"Federal Election Commission records show that the U.S. Secret Service has paid the Trump campaign about $1.6 million to cover the cost of flying its agents with the candidate on a plane owned and operated by one of his companies.
The difference with Trump is that one of his companies, TAG Air, Inc., owns the plane, so the government is effectively paying him."

Trump received $1.6 million from Secret Service - POLITICO
uh duh...Anyone who gets SS protection gets it paid for by taxes. Hillary too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 11:30 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Excerpt from Obama speech on October 13th, 2008:

We can bring a new era of responsibility and accountability to Wall Street and to Washington. We can put in place common-sense regulations to prevent a crisis like this from ever happening again.

Yeah, how'd that work out for us?

All of that incentive just petered out once he got in office didn't it?

But HRC? SHE'LL actually DO SOMETHING, right?

Right.
I said she has more incentive.

No one's knows what any President is going to be able to do until they get into office. But I can predict that a businessman who pays no taxes and has been gaming the system his whole life is not going to suddenly care about YOU over his Trump Conglomerate INC.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:35 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
Quote:
Excerpt from Obama speech on October 13th, 2008:

We can bring a new era of responsibility and accountability to Wall Street and to Washington. We can put in place common-sense regulations to prevent a crisis like this from ever happening again.

Yeah, how'd that work out for us?

All of that incentive just petered out once he got in office didn't it?

But HRC? SHE'LL actually DO SOMETHING, right?

Right.
As much as you Trumpies would like to think we are a 3rd world country, we are certainly not.

The housing market is on the rise. Income is rising. Gas prices are down. Everything seems fine to me.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:38 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
How about you then?

How much over and above the "Taxes due" did you pay last year?

Be mad if you want, but the fact that there IS a million deductions seems to be the part you should direct your anger towards.

No reason for the tax code to be 70K+ pages long. That is absurd and worthy of your outrage.

Don't be a dope. It is the ESTABLISHMENT that want things to stay status quo.
Finally we agree. Trump is the ultimate expression of the ESTABLISHMENT, at least in regard to dodging taxes by using the tax loopholes that he has bought and paid for. It took decades of paying Washington lobbyists to get that spaghetti code in place. He will be in a perfect position at POTUS to design even more complicated schemes so that the super wealthy can force the tax burden on you and I.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I said she has more incentive.

No one's knows what any President is going to be able to do until they get into office. But I can predict that a businessman who pays no taxes and has been gaming the system his whole life is not going to suddenly care about YOU over his Trump Conglomerate INC.
If that were the case he would be in jail right next to where Hillary should be. Obviously he's not doing anything illegal. What's that tell you, he's in compliance with the tax code written by government, you know, the government that claims to care about the little people <sarcasm>.

If you'd get your head out of the sand you'd know at least this much. Proves once again, because the electorate is so uneducated about such matters Trump is SMART not to release them.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
As much as you Trumpies would like to think we are a 3rd world country, we are certainly not.

The housing market is on the rise. Income is rising. Gas prices are down. Everything seems fine to me.
That's great metro, but how does ANY of that have to do with the discussion here.

Since you obviously only read what you want to let me help:

Nobody is talking about the housing market, income or gas prices.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:44 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If that were the case he would be in jail right next to where Hillary should be. Obviously he's not doing anything illegal. What's that tell you, he's in compliance with the tax code written by government, you know, the government that claims to care about the little people <sarcasm>.

If you'd get your head out of the sand you'd know at least this much. Proves once again, because the electorate is so uneducated about such matters Trump is SMART not to release them.
Where did I say he wasn't in compliance?

That's the whole point, he IS likely to be in compliance.

You can game the system and still be in compliance. Well, you can if you have millions to spend on tax attorneys.

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Finally we agree. Trump is the ultimate expression of the ESTABLISHMENT, at least in regard to dodging taxes by using the tax loopholes that he has bought and paid for. It took decades of paying Washington lobbyists to get that spaghetti code in place. He will be in a perfect position at POTUS to design even more complicated schemes so that the super wealthy can force the tax burden on you and I.
s that why Billionaire Marc Cuban and all those rich people are contributing to Hillary's campaign? But you ignore that fact.

Yet not a thing about the 30,000 emails that Hillary deleted putting our kids lives at risk.

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
Quote:
That's great metro, but how does ANY of that have to do with the discussion here.

Since you obviously only read what you want to let me help:

Nobody is talking about the housing market, income or gas prices.
I was responding to how terrible things supposedly are according to Trumpies.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:46 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Good point. The average person is broke.
One thing I like about Trump is he's open about his wealth , Clinton and other rich politicians try to hide it.
Even on the Republican side , Romney seemed unfortunately talking about his wealth .

Clinton is wealthy but didn't really gain that wealth in a productive way .
Mostly from doing speeches for big financial institutions like Goldman Sachs.
Trump employs tens of thousands and his wealth comes from things like building big buildings .. Employs lots of construction workers . Running hotels lots of blue collar workers

I've heard of people call Trump the blue collar billionaire . He's a billionaire but he's hands on and he makes money from things that the average person can relate to .
Trump has zero in common with any blue collar people I work with. I think Trump looks down his nose with disdain at anyone that gets their hands dirty for a living. He uses them and discards them. He does not represent me or my neighbors in any way that I can discern.

I disagree that he makes money from things that the average person can relate to. For a short while he was a real estate tycoon, and tried his hand at some urban projects, but he failed MISERABLY at those endeavors. Now Trump makes his money from selling his wonderful name to be used on various buildings around the world. He's a promoter and a huckster, not a "blue collar" advocate. He has never invested a dime in a manufacturing business as far as I am aware; which is what this country needs. He squirrels away his money rather than investing it in innovation or new enterprises. I love how he talks this in his speeches, but he never puts his money where his mouth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections