Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
America loves Trump. America despises Clinton. That about sums it up.
Yes indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 05:26 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And I lived in the city of Charlotte for 30 years.

Where do you live? Cleveland county? LOL.

Did you ever live inside the Charlotte city limits? Your post history says no.

BTW, Cleveland country will be voting for Trump.
I did, I grew up in SE Charlotte, my parents and my sister and her family still live there. They all have continuously since 1977. Charlotte will not go to Trump, and the riots only boost that (not that it's a good thing). Do you even (currently, during this election) live in Mecklenburg County?

Also, the picture you showed was a cropped picture. It was head-on, with the backdrop behind the stage. In seeing coverage of the rally last night, the place was packed. Smaller venue, but they filled it, during the day. It turns out, that is a place she goes to (Wake Tech) regularly.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:55 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Bill is at events in Cleveland, Ohio and Toledo, Ohio today.

Tim Kaine is on Florida today and Joe Biden is giving a speech in PA.

https://hillaryspeeches.com/scheduled-events/
Mad I missed Bill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That should be a hard sell for Bill since Black wages have crashed in seven of Ohio's largest cities from 2009 to 2014: McDonalds Hires Foreign H-1Bs, Fires 70 American Accounting Staff - Tea Party News. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the article for the graph. Toledo is the only city out all of the major cities that Blacks have experienced any gains.

I still think Hillary should have paid him more to show up for her little tea party!
I live in the Toledo area and lol that you think that other Ohio cities haven't "experienced any gains" considering many "blacks" in Toledo actually have moved to Cleveland and Columbus to get out of Toledo lol. I am black BTW.

On the Ohio cities though, the Clintons really do need to hit hard to ensure a large voter turnout. There are a lot of working class and poverty stricken white people in Toledo as well and many of them are not gung ho about Hillary Clinton but they don't like Trump (due to him being "too racist" and saying horrible things about women and disabled people - that commercial of him mocking the disabled reporter was very damning here) and I know many people considering voting 3rd party here but who are on the fence about it because they hate Trump so much.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:02 AM

234 posts, read 142,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
America loves Trump. America despises Clinton. That about sums it up.
If you're right, and America is mostly composed of racists and idiots, then we'll see on Nov. 8.

If it does happen, the U.S. deserves everything that follows, as there was ample warning on what Trump plans on doing to the world.

I suspect there are more than enough thoughtful Americans that would not vote for a carnival freakshow as President. We'll see.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
.... Do you even (currently, during this election) live in Mecklenburg County?

Also, the picture you showed was a cropped picture. It was head-on, with the backdrop behind the stage. In seeing coverage of the rally last night, the place was packed. Smaller venue, but they filled it, during the day. It turns out, that is a place she goes to (Wake Tech) regularly.
I do. (See my post history) Sounds as if you don't. In regards to topic, it's irrelevant.

There are Trump signs all over Mecklenburg. Haven't seen any Clinton signs at all.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:05 AM

234 posts, read 142,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

There are Trump signs all over Mecklenburg. Haven't seen any Clinton signs at all.
As with your non-logic of "crowd rally sizes determine voting results", your new non-logic of "lawn signs determine voting results" is equally silly. I guess continue to grasp at whatever random thing comforts you.

Given that Mecklenburg County is urban, fairly highly educated, and heavily nonwhite, there's almost no chance it's Trump territory. Even Trump readily agrees his base is uneducated, rural, whites.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:10 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
I did, I grew up in SE Charlotte, my parents and my sister and her family still live there. They all have continuously since 1977. Charlotte will not go to Trump, and the riots only boost that (not that it's a good thing). Do you even (currently, during this election) live in Mecklenburg County?

Also, many people work during the day.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomfield1 View Post
....Even Trump readily agrees his base is uneducated, rural, whites.

How silly. But Hillary supporter's only defense is to cast million of people they have never met as deplorable.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 AM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:

Yes, she goes to Wake Tech reguarly, twice I believe. I wish she would go as a student and take some economics classes (or perhaps ethics classes)! That said, Wake Tech itself is not a small venue, they have 20,000 students however, in this case they set up in the gym which is relatively small. For whatever reason, she doesn't seem to be drawing the same crowds as Trump. In contrast I saw Sarah Palin at the fairgrounds in Raleigh and the crowd was estimated at 7000 but in reality was probably closer to 10000 when you included those outside. She was quite dynamic and the crowd very enthusiastic. That said, Palin lost!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections