Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 08:24 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

I have a much bigger wish.....that anyone, I mean ANYONE, wins the office of presidency over hil.

And when I say anyone, that includes:

1.) A rock
2.) A pile of dirt
3.) Rotting garbage
4.) etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:39 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
your first sentence is a dem talking point. they want you to believe both candidates are bad, that's the only way they win. if god forbid you start to think trump is actually halfway decent, she gets buried.
Listen kid I am a old man and I have been voting when you were in diapers holding a yuuge one and I know a carnival barker when I see one. Though I lean right besides a couple of issues it is not enough to make me want to go to the polls and vote for Trump. You would never convince me even if we were both giving eternal life, give it up I will never board the Trump train.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:49 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Listen kid I am a old man and I have been voting when you were in diapers holding a yuuge one and I know a carnival barker when I see one. Though I lean right besides a couple of issues it is not enough to make me want to go to the polls and vote for Trump. You would never convince me even if we were both giving eternal life, give it up I will never board the Trump train.
So who are you voting for "old man"? Guessing you think hil the establishment type we've seen over and over and over again is going to save the day? Please tell me no. With age comes wisdom I heard. Let's see what those years have taught you.

And if you've been around so long, can you explain to me why your generation/the majority of them have been voting for such bought and sold inept hacks in all these decades who have our country at almost 20 trillion in debt? With a bunch of unsolved issues/problems that keep getting kicked down the road? People that keep getting elected that have created such a divided nation, especially the current clown circus that created that environment? Your hands clean of all this at the voting booth?

Old 09-28-2016, 09:16 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
So who are you voting for "old man"? Guessing you think hil the establishment type we've seen over and over and over again is going to save the day? Please tell me no. With age comes wisdom I heard. Let's see what those years have taught you.

And if you've been around so long, can you explain to me why your generation/the majority of them have been voting for such bought and sold inept hacks in all these decades who have our country at almost 20 trillion in debt? With a bunch of unsolved issues/problems that keep getting kicked down the road? People that keep getting elected that have created such a divided nation, especially the current clown circus that created that environment? Your hands clean of all this at the voting booth?
I'm 56, so maybe that's considered old to some, not to others.

I am honestly riding the fence right now. In the beginning I jumped on the Trump train, but have since come back to the fence. As of yet I have not hopped on the Clinton train. I'm a registered independent in MA who leans Democratic. With Trump I'm one of those fish in the water who will strike at the bait, be reeled in for a bit, and then I hop off. I'll take another bite, and repeat the whole process. Thus far Clinton keeps on throwing me chum and I'm not biting. I can't seem to get myself to jump on the democratic leaning train, I just can't. But I disagree with a lot of the Republican platform. I'm trapped. And whether I trust Trump or not is irrelevant, because I absolutely don't trust Clinton.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
The problem with fast forwarding through the election is one of these two will win. Better to hope that some country nukes Washington DC following the inauguration.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Yep, my hands are clean. All the people I have voted for at the federal level have lost and on some years the choices were so bad I stayed home. My list for presidential candidates that lost includes Buchanan,Perot, Baldwin and Gary Johnson. Plus I am a Ron Paul supporter so I have been anti establishment before it was cool.

There is nothing anti establishment about Trump when he openly admits that he has greased the palms of leaders to get what he wants. How can you see he is anti establishment when he is a major player in the game?

This election cycle I am trying to force myself to go to the polls and vote Johnson/Weld only for the fact if they get enough votes the LP will get federal matching funds. My rep is {R} Bob Gibbs and I would never vote for him, the senate race is Strickland {D} against Portman {R} and I would never inflict either of those douche bags on the rest of the country.

In my life time at the state level finally in 2014 2 candidates I voted for won, Gov Kasich and my state rep Ruhl. They received my vote because they earned it, they said they were fiscal conservatives and their record proved it.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
That thread that was posted saying EXPECT VIOLENCE could not be more true for this election!!

Its getting worse and worse.......

Old 09-28-2016, 10:09 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
your first sentence is a dem talking point. they want you to believe both candidates are bad, that's the only way they win. if god forbid you start to think trump is actually halfway decent, she gets buried.
For most of us, that would actually require Trump to be half decent. Kind of telling that so many of the negative ads about him have him speaking in his own words, isn't it?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
For most of us, that would actually require Trump to be half decent. Kind of telling that so many of the negative ads about him have him speaking in his own words, isn't it?
if i had 200 million or more in 'free money' to spend on ads, i could make anyone look bad.

don't fall for what you see on television.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:32 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
if i had 200 million or more in 'free money' to spend on ads, i could make anyone look bad.

don't fall for what you see on television.
All anyone needs to come to that conclusion is to watch him and read his own words in plain English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections