Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it proper that President Obama campaign for his chosen successor Hillary Clinton?
Yes 45 58.44%
No 28 36.36%
I don't know 4 5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 09:38 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL! You assumed that I didn't read the actual law, did you?

I'll use CNN's tactics of "Comey didn't violate the law but he violated the spirit of the law" and say that Obama may not violate the law but he certainly violated the spirit of the law.
Yes. I assumed you didn't know what you were talking about. And you still don't.

You can't violate the "spirit of the law" if you are one of the only two explicitly-stated exceptions to the law.
You aren't making any sense.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:39 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Did you send this to Harry Reid also? He seems confused about it, as are many of the shills here.
No doubt that Reid is "confused about it", given the FBI director's flagrant violation of the law.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:00 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
No doubt that Reid is "confused about it", given the FBI director's flagrant violation of the law.
Only if Comey's action had no basis.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:03 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Yes. I assumed you didn't know what you were talking about. And you still don't.

You can't violate the "spirit of the law" if you are one of the only two explicitly-stated exceptions to the law.
You aren't making any sense.
You need to send your complain to CNN. I am just using their tactics.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:03 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...Was it proper for a reality TV celebrity to start the birther movement?
trump didn't jump on the birther crazy train till 2011, long after it's origins in 2008.

he didn't start it but he definitely was it's most high-profile supporter.

Old 10-31-2016, 03:40 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Another low information, poorly educated Trump-Supporter, I see.

Do your research before you make a fool out of yourself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ral-employees/
lol. How amusing is it to see someone attack a poster for being low information, poorly educated, and foolish, and at the same time, using WaPo as a credible source?

The laughs just keep coming.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Of course it's legal. In fact, it's the norm. I think I read that it was considered unusual that Eisenhower didn't go to bat for Nixon.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Default Is it proper that President Obama campaign for his chosen successor Hillary Clinton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I know that previous presidents have done it, but is it really appropriate for the sitting President to be flying around the country in Air Force One and campaigning for one of the candidates to replace him?

NPR, a liberal news outlet, reports that Obama is campaigning more strongly for his successor than any previous President.

Obama went so far as to announce that Donald Trump is not fit to be President, ironically right after Hillary Clinton's disastrous "basket of deplorables" speech in which she derided half of Trump's followers as deplorable and unredeemable in front of a group of cheering celebrities.

In my opinion, the President is being paid to be the President, not the leader of his or her party. Whether you support Hillary Clinton or not, is Obama doing the right thing?
Yes, it is.

In fact it is normal. Politicians almost always campaign for other members of their own party, some of course with more enthusiasm then others lol. In fact it is so common that I think most of us just ignore these type of endorsements because they are basically expected.

I think it actually carries more weight if the politicians does the unexpected and endorses/campaigns for someone of the opposite party. But this is rare and I think it happens more on the state/local level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections