Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 06:03 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Whoa, getting a little off message there, big guy!

Quote:
"I'm not sure anyone's more qualified to be president of the United States than Hillary Clinton right now," Weld told MSNBC's Chuck Todd on Friday.

Weld, the former governor of Massachusetts, had been asked by Todd whether he considered Johnson to be more qualified than Clinton, but he declined to explicitly vouch for the top of his own ticket.
Read more: Gary Johnson's running mate suggests Clinton most 'qualified' for president - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 06:08 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Carl Bernstein keeps writing that Weld is considering dropping out to keep Trump from benefitting from third party votes.....exit for the good of the country.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:17 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Carl Bernstein keeps writing that Weld is considering dropping out to keep Trump from benefitting from third party votes.....exit for the good of the country.
Yep, I've heard that too. He doesn't want to be the Ralph Nader of 2016 and help put Trump in the White House. I think he was kind of banking on Gary's statement that his campaign was over if he didn't make the first debate. He was so clearly embarassed by that Town Hall the other night.

I like Bill Weld - I actually voted for him as Governor, over the very Trumpesque John Silber. He doesn't want a Trump presidency to be his legacy.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:24 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
The OP failed to mention this quote.

Quote:
And he. said Johnson would make a better president than Clinton because of his command of fiscal policy and ability to deliver balanced budgets. "I think the next president has to do that or we're going to hollow out the economy, and we won't have the strength economically to do all the wonderful things that Senator Sanders and Secretary Clinton have promised are all going to be for free."

Johnson, a former New Mexico governor, is running a distant third in the tight race between Clinton and Donald Trump. He has argued that neither is an acceptable option.

The Johnson campaign downplayed Weld's statement. "Governor Weld was simply referring to her resume as a Senator and Secretary of State. It's nothing he hasn't said before, and he didn't say he is voting for her," communications director Joe Hunter said in a statement.
The Clinton-biased media has been targeting Johnson this week. They are giving him more media attention that he has gotten in the last couple of months. Which is a good thing

Old 09-30-2016, 06:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
I think he wants out because Johnson is embarrassing him. Also, I don't think Weld is into weed.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Hillary hasn't shown she has been able to run anything competently.

The Washington Generals had a lot of experience.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:07 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
I like Johnson and am still voting for Johnson/Weld this election. Imagine if Stein/Weld Green/Libertarians The Duo from Mass ran and on all 50 State Ballots that be a power ticket.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:12 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Weld was always in love with Hillary as a politician. He is a RINO and I have no idea why he is in the libertarian ticket. Weld should be honest to Johnson and the libertarians and drop out, endorse Hillary and ask her for a cabinet position if she wins.

I always said he was a joke and Johnson should have never picked him for the VP slot.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:15 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think he wants out because Johnson is embarrassing him. Also, I don't think Weld is into weed.

nothing that Johnson has said compares to Hillary.....lying to the FBI and the American people on her server and not knowing what is a classified email after all this time? come on!

The liberal media knows that Johnson hurts more Hillary than Trump with millennials and they are trying to go after him to bring his numbers down.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:26 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I'm with Johnson. The Left keeps hacking away, but no matter.

Johnson has an edge that Clinton can't touch. But it's nice to see Johnson attacked - it means we voters are on to something!

Here's a Weld quote:
Quote:
Gary Johnson and I will campaign with all our strength to make that case to the American people from now until November 8th. Under no circumstances will our energies be diverted from our goal of winning the election and serving our country.
Bill Weld: Carl Bernstein
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections