Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 04:31 PM

1,733 posts, read 943,369 times

Advertisements

Yep, the MSM and Clinton campaign are getting down and dirty, just like they promised they would. I read the NYT article and the keyword is in the title, "could." IOW, everything is speculation, not fact.
BTW, the NYT didn't pay taxes in 2014. One in 5 big corporations don't pay taxes. Trump did nothing illegal. Nothing. You can bet many members of Congress and the govt., use the same tax breaks as Trump because it's legal.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,646,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Yep, the MSM and Clinton campaign are getting down and dirty, just like they promised they would. I read the NYT article and the keyword is in the title, "could." IOW, everything is speculation, not fact.
BTW, the NYT didn't pay taxes in 2014. One in 5 big corporations don't pay taxes. Trump did nothing illegal. Nothing. You can bet many members of Congress and the govt., use the same tax breaks as Trump because it's legal.
Is the New York Times running for president? And since Trump using every way to avoid paying income taxes, why is he so eager for us to hire him for a government paid job and live in government housing? Would you rather we end federal income taxes? Let's all pay what Trump paid. End money to seniors, military, national defense, roads, support for allies, etc. and then we won't need a president at all as there would be no money to pay them.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:36 PM

32,970 posts, read 12,250,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I wonder of the NYT will do a follow up story on Tax cheat Al Sharpton and his $4 million in unpaid taxes?
Either Hillary condemns ALL people she thinks aren't paying enough in taxes (Trump included) and/or aren't paying their taxes, OR keeps her opinions to herself and condemns not a one of them. Otherwise, she is a hypocrite. Has Hillary done either of these things?.....Noooooo. Hillary has sought Al Sharpton's endorsement/support for POTUS.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:42 PM

32,970 posts, read 12,250,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
He has no ethics or moral values.
Neither does Hillary.

More people should either vote for Johnson, vote for Stein, write someone in, leave the POTUS choice blank and only vote down ballot, or not vote at all.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Either Hillary condemns ALL people she thinks aren't paying enough in taxes (Trump included) and/or aren't paying their taxes, OR keeps her opinions to herself and condemns not a one of them. Otherwise, she is a hypocrite. Has Hillary done either of these things?.....Noooooo. Hillary has sought Al Sharpton's endorsement/support for POTUS.
Hillary has no obligation to do any such of a thing. She is running for a job funded by the government and has released her taxes. Trump is running for a job funded by the government and refuses to release his taxes. If Trump wants to come out proudly and say he thinks we should end federal income taxes, he should do exactly that. Let's all pay no income taxes. The ones who will suffer the most tend to be Republican, i.e. seniors, military and rural areas. Then you add the federal employees. They will all lose their income and/or infrastructure, yet to hear them scream, they are anti-tax and love Trump for not paying income taxes. Let them live the results of their vote!

Old 10-02-2016, 04:46 PM

1,733 posts, read 943,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Is the New York Times running for president? And since Trump using every way to avoid paying income taxes, why is he so eager for us to hire him for a government paid job and live in government housing? Would you rather we end federal income taxes? Let's all pay what Trump paid. End money to seniors, military, national defense, roads, support for allies, etc. and then we won't need a president at all as there would be no money to pay them.

Trump has stated he won't take a salary, so there's that. And once in the WH, I doubt he and Melania will steal $200,000 worth of stuff when they leave either.(Bill & Hillary did)

Question, do you have an accountant? If so, does he/she advise you to not use legal loopholes to reduce the amount you pay in taxes? If you don't have an accountant, do you refuse to utilize the legal deductions available to you? Do you insist on overpaying to ensure you're paying your "fair share?"

Re NYT, it is a large corporation that paid no taxes in 2014, yet received over $2 million in refunds. That's $2 million + of taxpayer money.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,826,909 times
I have never asked if a deduction I took was fair or moral. Has anyone else?

Old 10-02-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Trump has stated he won't take a salary, so there's that. And once in the WH, I doubt he and Melania will steal $200,000 worth of stuff when they leave either.(Bill & Hillary did)

Question, do you have an accountant? If so, does he/she advise you to not use legal loopholes to reduce the amount you pay in taxes? If you don't have an accountant, do you refuse to utilize the legal deductions available to you? Do you insist on overpaying to ensure you're paying your "fair share?"

Re NYT, it is a large corporation that paid no taxes in 2014, yet received over $2 million in refunds. That's $2 million + of taxpayer money.
When the New York Times runs for president, I'll give your perspective consideration. I pay my taxes and I've never lost a billion dollars. If I did run for president and had previously lost a billion dollars, I would not pretend I was a great businessman and refuse to release my taxes. If you have a guy running for president that refuses to release his taxes, has lost a billion dollars and hasn't paid taxes in decades, there is no reason the rest of us would like to also not pay federal income taxes. Then he can try to run the country while seniors are on the streets begging for food and crying because they have no money for their hip replacements. If seniors want to be anti-tax Republicans, that's fine but they should figure out who is going to support them because the amount they contributed in no way covers how much they cost us.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,867,741 times
A lot more people pay taxes than charts show. After all, most wage earners pay for Soc Sec and Medicare. When I was self-employed, I paid over 15%. Also, many charts don't count people who had taxes deducted but do not have to file. Then there are retirees who paid taxes for decades. About 25% of retirees do not owe federal income tax because most of their income comes from Social Security. Then there are students and part-time workers who earn less than the standard deduction & exemption of $10,350. From the way people are posting, you'd think most low-income people were sitting home drinking beer, but many people work full-time jobs and make barely enough to get by.

I have other examples, but my point is that charts and graphs are often misleading. What's interesting to me is that the same people who question the unemployment rate because of its inaccuracies will automatically accept another government report without question. I suppose it depends on one's agenda.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-02-2016 at 05:03 PM..

Old 10-02-2016, 04:55 PM

1,896 posts, read 806,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Cry wolf; but don't look at what I do: The New York Times Paid No Taxes in 2014 - Breitbart!
The NYT isn't campaigning about how high the debt is in one breath and bragging about not paying taxes. It seems Trump supporters can't seem to follow cause and effect....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections