Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
It's still going to be a close election and regrettably he could still win. His followers belong to a cult and their fanaticism makes them absolutely impervious to any of the striking revelations about his tax status, shady business dealings and racist leanings. They are the true believers and their kind have put a lot of really bad people into power throughout history and around the world.

Another "Prime" example of the old "Pot and the Kettle" story.

Sort of like Devil Worshippers calling Christians a "Cult."

Old 10-02-2016, 10:11 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Default Should Trump have volunteered to pay more taxes then he needed to??

Trump would have to be the dumbest person on earth to volunteer to pay more taxes then the law allows.

I don't get the problem here. He lost 900 million in 1995 .... not because he is a bad business man, it's because the real estate market in the northeast plummeted around that time. Then, in 1998, property values soared.

I know the media realizes due to the enthusiasm factor, Trump will win the election - so the media is in a total panic.... but please stop saying Trump is not a successful businessman. He owns a 70 story sky scraper on Wall Street. He also owns a luxury hotel in SOHO. Don't forget that he owns Trump Tower, Trump international, Trump world tower, Trump place., and 2 apartment building on park avenue. And that's just in tiny little Manhattan.

Does the media think we should believe Trump is a bad businessman... Or has a bad temperament. You think it's easy to make these types of real estate deals in manhattan? Come on now.

You think if your accountant told you that you don't have to pay income tax this year... You would just write a check to the U.S Treasury for the heck of it?

Real estate developers don't pay a high tax rate.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A more rational mind would never believe a billionaire would ever turn against his own kind. He does not have any interest in you or me. He wants to impress them. But he sure puts on a good show, doesn't he?

Yet you think Hillary, who is also a Member of the Elite, is paid outrageous fees to make speeches to Big Banks, that are secret, and has a money Laundering Foundation, is going to make the "Rich" Pay their fair share? How gullible are you? She is going to make her donors pay more taxes? yea, really. You seriously believe that?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Done?

The rabid right loves Drumpf and will follow him over the cliff.

You know it's true.

Unlike the "Loony Left" Trump followers know he is our last chance to save this Country from being taken over by idiots. He doesn't have to be perfect. All he has to do is be better than the Snake Oil Queen Hillary.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,692,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump would have to be the dumbest person on earth to volunteer to pay more taxes then the law allows.

I don't get the problem here. He lost 900 million in 1995 .... not because he is a bad business man, it's because the real estate market in the northeast plummeted around that time. Then, in 1998, property values soared.

I know the media realizes due to the enthusiasm factor, Trump will win the election - so the media is in a total panic.... but please stop saying Trump is not a successful businessman. He owns a 70 story sky scraper on Wall Street. He also owns a luxury hotel in SOHO. Don't forget that he owns Trump Tower, Trump international, Trump world tower, Trump place., and 2 apartment building on park avenue. And that's just in tiny little Manhattan.

Does the media think we should believe Trump is a bad businessman... Or has a bad temperament. You think it's easy to make these types of real estate deals in manhattan? Come on now.

You think if your accountant told you that you don't have to pay income tax this year... You would just write a check to the U.S Treasury for the heck of it?

Real estate developers don't pay a high tax rate.
If these critics were such moralists, they would've nominated Bernie Sanders to become their nominee. Instead, they nominated the first presidential candidate to be under FBI investigation. They're all hypocrites and will do anything to derail Trump. The flavor of the week a few weeks ago was racist Trump. The flavor of this week is sexism because he criticized a Miss Universe contestant for getting out of shape. It's a complete joke.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
No, that would make him a sucker. Side note: NY times paid no taxes in 2014 and got a huge refund. Clintons cronies committed a crime by leaking Trumps tax return.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:37 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Trump pays taxes thru property, state taxes, fees , payroll taxes and Capital gains tax. Trump volunteer into pay is crazy talk.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:58 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
No. This misses the point, like nearly all conservative city-data threads.

The point is not that he should pay more in taxes than he owes. The point is that he should have provided transparency into his tax returns, same as all Presidential candidates have for the last FOUR DECADES.

Then he could have gotten ahead of this stuff and even made it into a positive for his campaign. He could have said, "look, I paid low taxes through loopholes because I had to as part of my fiduciary responsibility; but really this should change, and I'm the guy who knows all about it and can do it." Instead, he tried to hide it and now has to play defense.

Of course, who knows what else he is hiding in his tax returns that he doesn't want the public to see... I doubt this is the extent of it.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:05 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
I haven't heard Clinton, Kaine, any Clinton supporter, any media commentator say or suggest that Trump should pay voluntary taxes. OP apparently just made that up. Nor have I heard anyone say he's done anything illegal.

Millions of Americans do have an issue though with a tax system that allows the top dogs like Trump to pay zero or a lower tax rate than a middle class person on a salary. It is patently unfair and unjust. And his tax plan proposes to make the situation worse by doing more big "trickle down" tax cuts for the wealthy, which will make the Trumps richer but explode the deficit.

Trump says he's an outsider that will shake up the system. That's just a put on, a show, a con. He's a part of the 1% rigged system and he will perpetuate it.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
This is just a typical conservative con job. When the **** hits the fan.. throw up a straw man! Create a false premise about the opposition's argument and then beat the hell out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections