Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Puerto Ricans aren't immigrants
Of course. So sorry. The Florida I-4 corridor is populated with Citizens from Puerto Rico who really really like Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 05:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm not so sure, but I hope you're correct. The Clinton campaign needs to make sure people show up to vote. All the signs, rallies, Facebook pages or whatever people use to show their support of a candidate won't matter if people don't vote. I think she'll win Florida, however, even if it's not by much. She currently leads in every minority group. She also leads by a huge margin among Jewish voters.

Poll shows why Miami-Dade might be Clinton’s favorite Florida county

I want to add this, since it's from a local source, not a national newspaper.

New poll shows Clinton leading by 6 points over Trump in Florida
Trump's ground game in Florida (and everywhere) is rather impotent.

"...The Marion County GOP headquarters in Ocala, Florida, is haunted. More specifically, the former movie theater that housed the headquarters was haunted, until it was torn down this summer to make way for a parking lot. And yet, for Republicans looking to volunteer in Ocala, the county GOP’s website still lists its address as the recently razed home of “Morris” the ghost.

Directing would-be volunteers to demolished buildings (and their now-homeless ghosts) is just one risk of outsourcing field operations to state and local parties..."

Where Clinton Is Setting Up Field Offices

Old 10-19-2016, 05:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Of course. So sorry. The Florida I-4 corridor is populated with Citizens from Puerto Rico who really really like Hillary.
Well, had to correct you, since 100% of us born on the island are US citizens

Old 10-19-2016, 06:57 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump's ground game in Florida (and everywhere) is rather impotent.

"...The Marion County GOP headquarters in Ocala, Florida, is haunted. More specifically, the former movie theater that housed the headquarters was haunted, until it was torn down this summer to make way for a parking lot. And yet, for Republicans looking to volunteer in Ocala, the county GOP’s website still lists its address as the recently razed home of “Morris†the ghost.

Directing would-be volunteers to demolished buildings (and their now-homeless ghosts) is just one risk of outsourcing field operations to state and local parties..."

Where Clinton Is Setting Up Field Offices
I remember when I lived in the area, the GOP HQ was in a rundown building between Ocala and Silver Springs... Had a sign on it "the emerging majority".

Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
The Florida Puerto Ricans ("Mickyricans") will be what halts Trump's chances in Florida if you ask me. The Republican Party is letting an opportunity slip through their fingers ... but hey, they seem to have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Old 10-19-2016, 10:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
I'm starting to think Trump won't even be defeated by Puerto Ricans.

I think he is gonna lose Palm Beach county bigly based on the people who have returned their ballots. Why? I have no idea. Maybe posting all those anti semitic images didn't help.

Palm Beach county
Republicans*** 6,980
Democrats**** 12,254
NPA 3,513

https://countyballotfiles.elections....ts/PublicStats

Old 10-19-2016, 10:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
According to Time republicans in FL outnumber democrats in absentee ballot voting while democrats outnumber republicans in Early in person voting.

So when FL Governor Rick Scott saw that in 2008 republicans outnumbered democrats by 15% in absentee ballots, he decided to cut the early voting in-person dates from 14 to 8 and advised people to mail their ballots instead. The result was that republicans advantage in absentee ballots decreased from 15% to 5% in 2012.

Obama Boosted by Early Voting in Florida Despite Controversy | TIME.com

Right now 316,400 republicans and 305,626 democrats have mailed their ballots back. The difference right now is around 3.5%. It's still too early though. We might need more data.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
I haven't seen one Hillary bumper sticker or poster. If Hillary does win, then it's definitely rigged.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:44 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I haven't seen one Hillary bumper sticker or poster. If Hillary does win, then it's definitely rigged.
Or maybe the silent majority voting for her don't feel the need to advertise.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:40 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The polls have had Hillary consistently ahead in Florida for over the past year:

2016 Florida President: Trump vs. Clinton - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

538 has Hillary leading with a 56% chance of winning Florida:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ecast/florida/
"the polls"

aah, those pesky polls. always so accurate, never biased.

oh those polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections