Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Is another reminder of Hillary's lifelong way of over-preparing everything needed again?

Of course she will be prepared. She has a crackerjack research team, just like a real candidate has, and she's a very quick learner. Debating is one of the things she has enjoyed the most, ever since she joined her high school debate team, and she's been up against tougher opponents than Donald Trump many times in her past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 08:55 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Do you prepare for job interviews? Presentations?
No. I go into an interview with the knowledge and skills that I already have. I cant prepare for questions/scenarios that may be asked, unless the interviewer tells me ahead of time what they will be asking.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:20 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No. I go into an interview with the knowledge and skills that I already have. I cant prepare for questions/scenarios that may be asked, unless the interviewer tells me ahead of time what they will be asking.
Fascinating. No checking out their latest press releases or product announcements? No desire to be able to comment intelligently if any current event involving the company comes up? I guess I can see why people preparing may stick in your gullet.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Hillary Clinton is more than prepared or did you not notice that little Miss Universe "bait" she lobbed at Trump at the end of the debate and he swallowed that "hook, line & sinker"?
He has been off message since then for a entire week talking & Tweeting about her while Hillary goes on campaigning about issues !
I'm sure Hillary has already planned another "bait" bomb for the Donald which will keep him unfocused for another week and all she has to do is keep baiting him until the clock runs out.
Who thought you could distract a 70-year old toddler ?

So Hillary admits to being a troll by "baiting" Trump and this is supposed to be an admirable attribute ?

Old 10-03-2016, 10:22 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Is another reminder of Hillary's lifelong way of over-preparing everything needed again?

Of course she will be prepared. She has a crackerjack research team, just like a real candidate has, and she's a very quick learner. Debating is one of the things she has enjoyed the most, ever since she joined her high school debate team, and she's been up against tougher opponents than Donald Trump many times in her past.
"quick learner" huh? What decade will she finally understand how E-mail works? I learned that you cant wipe a server with "a cloth" along time ago..Hilly apparently just found about that a few months ago.

I can just see this idiotic trainwreck sitting in the oval office getting a peace accord from Russia, and she forwards it to Pizzahut.com asking for extra peperoni

Old 10-04-2016, 04:11 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Actually it is plenty of time to prepare.

See she actually gets in a rocket that blasts off and approaches the speed of light.

Her time slows way down.

It's all relative.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Of course you can prepare. If you don't know this, there must be literally dozens of "how to get a job" books that will tell you exactly how to do it. There are whole laundry lists of questions that an interviewer is likely to ask, if you have a hard time figuring it out for yourself.

Both Trump and Clinton were provided the areas that Holt wanted to focus on, and were also provided the format, including allotted speaking times. Clinton put time and effort into figuring out what Holt was likely to ask, and what Trump was likely to say. And she put time and effort into figuring out which points she most wanted to get across within the allotted times, and the most effective ways to do that. And it showed.

Now you may sneer at this process, but millions of Americans are familiar with it. I've served on a few hiring panels myself, and it's a fact that it's obvious to an interviewer who has put out the effort to prepare and who hasn't. Other qualifications being somewhat equal, we went with the person who was best prepared every time. Because, for some crazy reason, we felt that a person who bothered to prepare well for the interview was a person who would also care enough to prepare well for job assignments. This is especially true for higher level jobs that require developing long-term strategies, solving problems, dealing with emergencies and opposition, and public speaking.

Judging by general public reaction to their respective performances, it's obvious that Clinton HAS figured out what the majority of voters expect from one of these "debates" and how to best deliver what her potential employers - the voters - expect. Trump? not so much. It will be interesting to see whether he now gets it.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:21 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Trump fan in middle school: "Yeah, I got a C-, but I didn't study for the test at all so I did good. Sure, Susie got an A but she studied all week! All week! LOL!"

Mick

Old 10-04-2016, 07:33 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,328,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course the conservatives whine about how everything is rigged by some big liberal conspiracy theory. Whine, whine, whine. Maybe you should get a candidate who doesn't ramble like a drunk and pick stupid fights with people on Twitter.
Also, if the system is rigged in favour of the Democrats, what explains the # of TeaParty Conservatives in Congress? What explains George W. getting elected (twice)? What explains the # of republican state governors?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:00 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
LOL at Trump supporters bragging about Trump not preparing for the debates.

This is a negative for Trump. It's not something to brag about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections