Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I mean, she has a few DNC fundraisers between now and then. Im not sure if 7 days is enough to fundraise AND prepare for the debate. Attending more than 2 events in a week is really tiring for her. She better rest up, cancel the DNC "Begging the evil rich people for cash" tour, so she can prepare to face a man who holds 2 or 3 massive rallies per day, 5 days a week.

Were I you - I would worry about my OWN candidate being prepared - considering how he crashed and burned at the first debate.

MOST of his supporters would like him to be a bit more prepared second time around. If not, she'll crush him again.

I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Huh? Does this thread have a purpose or topic?

Do they ever???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Dude, a Presidential candidate who takes debates seriously enough to prepare? That's like, tryin' too hard, man!

I think I am am beginning to see part of the Trumpistas' issues, here, and it sounds like some deep-seated resentment.

If you're from a small town in a remote state, Hillary is the embodiment of that obnoxious girl who always arrived well-prepared in class. The one who did her homework, put up her hand, answered correctly, took the exams, got accepted to a good university, got the ever-lovin' out of Podunk at the first opportunity and never looked back.

I do think we've got a bit of insecurity going on. Hillary IS that girl; smart, degreed, world traveled; an the backwaters cannot stand it.

Fortunately for them, she will care about them whether or not they care about her.

Quote:
Shrillary has disdain for Americans. The fact that she openly insults Trump and Bernie supporters shows she is unfit. She has 30 years of political experience. What the hell does she need to prepare for? Hasn't she figured it out yet?
Any educated person - will prepare for the presentation of their life. Trump's bid for the Presidency probably rides on this debate. You better cross your fingers and hope he can focus that lizard brain of his for more than 5 minutes.

And again, I detect some insecurity. Just because Hillary is smart, educated, and tough - does not mean she has disdain for Americans.

IF she has disdain for Bannon and his ilk and his followers - I am completely on board. I have disdain too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 08:26 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,348 times
Seems like preparing for the last debate did her a lot of good. Hopefully Trump goes into debate #2 with the same level of preparation he had for debate #1.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:32 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Seems like preparing for the last debate did her a lot of good. Hopefully Trump goes into debate #2 with the same level of preparation he had for debate #1.
I think Trump was forced to be restrained against Hilly. In the past, he trashed Cruz, Marco, and Jeb far more than he did Hilly. I think the kid gloves come off at the next debate where he will tear into her so badly, that idiotic smirk on her face will be replaced with the deer in the headlights look she usually has.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:38 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,348 times
Quote:
I think Trump was forced to be restrained against Hilly. In the past, he trashed Cruz, Marco, and Jeb far more than he did Hilly. I think the kid gloves come off at the next debate where he will tear into her so badly, that idiotic smirk on her face will be replaced with the deer in the headlights look she usually has.
It had nothing to do with restraint and everything to do with Trump having no grasp of issues/policies. The fact that he can't speak coherently is the cherry on top. That kind of stuff works with the Republican base but not the general electorate.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
I, too, hope he "tears into her." Every time he tries he looks like the huge jerk that he is and alienates more voters. Hillary is no Marco Rubio. She can handle Trump.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:18 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
I think the kid gloves come off at the next debate where he will tear into her so badly, that idiotic smirk on her face will be replaced with the deer in the headlights look she usually has.
Which will work you and people like you up into an even higher frenzy, and turn the undecideds against him. And guess what: He already has the votes of your crowd, and it's not enough.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I, too, hope he "tears into her." Every time he tries he looks like the huge jerk that he is and alienates more voters. Hillary is no Marco Rubio. She can handle Trump.
Clinton foundation pay for access will likely come out . I think that's more damning than a businessman paying the least possible legally in taxes .

Old 10-04-2016, 10:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Because the ridiculousness that passes for a debate in the Republican primaries does not work in the General Election. Most people do not want to see a remake of that clown show whre Trump went on about the size of his hands.

The general election audience wants to see REAL ISSUES discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Which will work you and people like you up into an even higher frenzy, and turn the undecideds against him. And guess what: He already has the votes of your crowd, and it's not enough.
Oh, goodness they will be SO worked up; whilst millions of undecideds walk away from Trump forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Clinton foundation pay for access will likely come out . I think that's more damning than a businessman paying the least possible legally in taxes .
Perhaps Trump's own bribe to the Florida AG will come up.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Trump's foundation just got served a cease and desist order for soliciting charitable donations without the proper certification. There's evidence that Trump used $30,000 in foundation money to buy two portraits of himself. There is also evidence that Trump has told people who owe him money to pay the Foundation instead. That might be okay, except that it raises tax questions because he's supposed to pay taxes on income and he may be hiding it in the foundation. There's also the issue that it does not appear that Trump has contributed any of his own money to the foundation since 2008. And the fact that Trump has paid his personal legal fees out of the foundation's money.

So if Trump wants to talk about foundations, he should be prepared for Hillary to counter with all of the above.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Trump's foundation just got served a cease and desist order for soliciting charitable donations without the proper certification. There's evidence that Trump used $30,000 in foundation money to buy two portraits of himself. There is also evidence that Trump has told people who owe him money to pay the Foundation instead. That might be okay, except that it raises tax questions because he's supposed to pay taxes on income and he may be hiding it in the foundation. There's also the issue that it does not appear that Trump has contributed any of his own money to the foundation since 2008. And the fact that Trump has paid his personal legal fees out of the foundation's money.

So if Trump wants to talk about foundations, he should be prepared for Hillary to counter with all of the above.
He's also now funded a campaign with illegal donor money. Hope he has to pay every cent back. Then he'll claim a huge loss so he doesn't have to pay taxes for the next 20 years. Let the little people pay for his Secret Service protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections