Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times

Advertisements

Questions.

How far to the right of center do you think Jeb and GHWB are? And How far to the left of center do you think Hillary is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:56 PM

17,987 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
NO at this point I have accepted that the media and establishment will try anything and everything to get Hillary elected and destroy Trump. Up until a week ago I was going to vote for Johnson, over the last week I started questioning it, and in the last 2 days I have decided to vote Trump, just because I cannot stand the corruption in the government and the media ignoring it. So they are having an affect, but I have a feeling I am not the only one that they are not going to like the affect they are having.
This.

I think the Bushes and the Clintons make a great marriage.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:05 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Spin it however you want, the reality remains that the only living former Presidents of the GOP have explicitly declined to support the nominee of their party. As far as I know, that is unprecedented.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:13 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
just a little bit crazy? Do you find the left MSM crowing about how the Bush family are going to vote Hillary just a bit disingenuous given they POUND the Bush family at every turn and to this day blame them for everything bad over the last 12 years?

Of course, if you're into political dynasties and plan on continuing them for the next millennia then I guess you support the dynasty running.
I mean, one royal family has to support the other.....right?
Globalists each and every one. Remember when Jeb gave Hillary an award for her leadership? This was after her incompetence killed people in Benghazi, Russia didn't reset, the Arab Spring went crappola in Egypt and a whole host of other things she did awfully and that was public knowledge at the time. W was calling her his "sister-in-law." UGH!

Old 10-04-2016, 03:13 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Spin it however you want, the reality remains that the only living former Presidents of the GOP have explicitly declined to support the nominee of their party. As far as I know, that is unprecedented.
Here's the spin; the Trump cultists think that those former Presidents and many other prominent Republicans are part of some "globalist" back room plan with Clinton to ensure that the "establishment" stays in control, or similar paranoid whackjobbery.

They just can't stand to face the fact that not only their candidate brings nothing to the table he's a risk to the stability of the Western Hemisphere. Most people would see those endorsements and really step back and ponder the significance. That's why so many people view the Trump movement more like a religion or a cult.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:17 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If you think Trump won't work to profit his own businesses you are kidding yourself. That whole "blind trust" is the biggest laugh in history. I can see him at one of his restaurants talking to his attorneys and saying "So I told them a blind trust! Hahahahahh!!!! And they bought it! Hahhahahahahah!!!!"
I can't help but wonder how the people who rant and rave about the elite at the same time think that Donald Trump is really going to look out for the interests of the common man. When all his life, his main purpose seems to have been to do what is best for Donald Trump. I can understand not liking Hillary,but to put their faith in him to make their lives better????

Old 10-04-2016, 03:18 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Those who are choosing Trump, demonstrate their absurdity, so, let them run and vote for him. There is little need to try and enlighten ignorance when one has chosen to be and remain being ignorant.
If they have not opened their eyes by now.... then let them go about their merry way. Ignorance has always been known to produce stupidity when it becomes incessant to remain in the spin of ignorance.

Mostly I feel bad for the insult these people have brought unto the image and standard of America. But, it too has revealed how much long term ignorance has cemented cycles of stupidity to be the standard manner and mode of a segment of society. This is now exposed to the world and the world can see the bigotry, the racism and the utter belligerence, has not diminished as much as it was assumed. This will have an impact upon International Relations, as well as this level of ignorance makes the job of Secretary of State more challenged, and it certainly will make the job of the President much more challenged. After all the work President Obama did to try and rebuild diplomacy, and push the image of America as being a progressive and improved nation of human relations. These people have set us back decades by the ignorance they present and the level of belligerent demeanor they demonstrate on a daily basis.

We just spent 7.5 yrs of Republican's acting a fool with their block and tackle everything games, then the madness of the Tea Party and their push of emboldening hate groups and ever anti government faction they could reach, and now we have a system of madness that has morphed into craziness, that not even the Republican Establishment will own it, and the Tea Party has become transitioned into this movement of obsessiveness that it now looks like a re-creation of Hitler talking to the masses and the masses with their heil hitler devotion.

Therefore it is not difficult to understand why President Bush 1st and President Bush 2nd, now want to support Hillary and will not utter a word for Trump, and do all they can to keep him as far from them as possible.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:22 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,060,434 times
Poor imitation of my clever allusion. Once again demonstrating the superior intellect of conservatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Captain Lou Albano comes to mind, actually. He looks like Donald without money.

Mick

Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Those who are choosing Trump, demonstrate their absurdity, so, let them run and vote for him. There is little need to try and enlighten ignorance when one has chosen to be and remain being ignorant.
If they have not opened their eyes by now.... then let them go about their merry way. Ignorance has always been known to produce stupidity when it becomes incessant to remain in the spin of ignorance.

Mostly I feel bad for the insult these people have brought unto the image and standard of America. But, it too has revealed how much long term ignorance has cemented cycles of stupidity to be the standard manner and mode of a segment of society. This is now exposed to the world and the world can see the bigotry, the racism and the utter belligerence, has not diminished as much as it was assumed. This will have an impact upon International Relations, as well as this level of ignorance makes the job of Secretary of State more challenged, and it certainly will make the job of the President much more challenged. After all the work President Obama did to try and rebuild diplomacy, and push the image of America as being a progressive and improved nation of human relations. These people have set us back decades by the ignorance they present and the level of belligerent demeanor they demonstrate on a daily basis.

We just spent 7.5 yrs of Republican's acting a fool with their block and tackle everything games, then the madness of the Tea Party and their push of emboldening hate groups and ever anti government faction they could reach, and now we have a system of madness that has morphed into craziness, that not even the Republican Establishment will own it, and the Tea Party has become transitioned into this movement of obsessiveness that it now looks like a re-creation of Hitler talking to the masses and the masses with their heil hitler devotion.

Therefore it is not difficult to understand why President Bush 1st and President Bush 2nd, now want to support Hillary and will not utter a word for Trump, and do all they can to keep him as far from them as possible.
Dead on. To tell you the truth I feel the worst for the people out here in the heartland that are voting for Trump. They are the ones that will be hurt most by a Trump administration, especially in Appalachia, like West Virginia and Kentucky which are voting solidly for him. That's because when Trump's fairy tale finally gets revealed to be a con, they will have nothing. He's not going to encourage any industry out there, are you kidding? He is a real estate tycoon.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:46 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I can't help but wonder how the people who rant and rave about the elite at the same time think that Donald Trump is really going to look out for the interests of the common man. When all his life, his main purpose seems to have been to do what is best for Donald Trump. I can understand not liking Hillary,but to put their faith in him to make their lives better????
Exactly, he wants to be remembered as the best president in history, the person who fixed the problems nobody else could. Hillary wants to be remembered as the first female president. That's just as self serving except other than what does she have? Wall street backers to pay back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections