Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 09:15 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,596,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
A local man in Aurora Indiana entered a float in a Farmer's Fair parade which showed an execution scene showing Hillary Clinton in an electric chair, flanked by the Grim Reaper and a pastor. The executioner? Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

At the front was a miniature Easter Island head spray-painted black and labeled "Obama."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...llary-clinton/

We haven't seen this sort of overtly racist display since the 50's. Apparently the guy that did this thought it was "funny". I am curious what people here on C-D think about this.

Kind of like when the dems hung Sarah Palin in effigy all over the US in 2012?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 09:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not following your comment. The Trump supporters that did this are clearly proud of their bigotry and their hatred; so much so that they decided to demonstrate it in public, for all the world to see. Are you saying they do not represent the typical Trump supporter? So far I have not heard from one Trump supporter that didn't think this was perfectly acceptable.
Will also note based on chadgates referencing us black posters, that I do agree with the bold above.

I don't see how any of Trump's supporters want to condone such a horrible depiction of murder.

I also do agree that a large amount of Trump's supporters are racist and/or bigoted people and that him saying racist/bigoted things and ignoring the racists and bigots at his events/rallies is a driving factor in his appeal to the masses.

So just because I don't see this particular float as racist doesn't men that it is not a "deplorable" depiction and IMO it shows the character of Trump supporters who do not condone it as a horrible image and who instead claimed the person who complained about it was a "whiner" and she should leave town.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,225,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Went to one. 80% of the people at it were white.
A bunch of subliterate white kids doesn't mean that the black protestors aren't racist as hell.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:45 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,547,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No that is OKAY!

I wonder if Residing found that to be sexist and condoning domestic violence?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:55 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,899,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I thought Palin was as nutty as Trump is this time. But I can assure you the idea of hanging an effigy would never have crossed my mind. Let me make it crystal clear - I think that was deplorable, as well.

The difference with Trump supporters here in 2016 is that this sort of crazy off-the-charts behavior seems to be far more tolerated. Might have missed it but so far I have not seen one of his supporters in here that thought this went too far; or that they deplore this guy's viciousness. Rather, they seem to be celebrating it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections