Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 12:28 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times

Advertisements

At the beginning of the debate, the format was laid out. Each was to talk for a specific amount of time, followed by give & take. Pence wouldn't shut up & kept droning on, so Kaine started interrupting. Yes, the interruptions were annoying, but so was Pence refusing to shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 12:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
The Republicans joked about President Obama in 2012 when he had a bad debate performance, and we all know the results of that election.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:32 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Spot on, complete with red tie and forked tongue.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
At the beginning of the debate, the format was laid out. Each was to talk for a specific amount of time, followed by give & take. Pence wouldn't shut up & kept droning on, so Kaine started interrupting. Yes, the interruptions were annoying, but so was Pence refusing to shut up.
I think Pence "performed" better, but is that what we are looking for in our leaders? If this debate was not broadcast and we only had transcripts to read, Kaine would be getting high marks for substance. However, the Trump supporters frequently speak about a candidate's appearance, the way she dresses, the way she styles her hair, and the sound of her voice. Just go back to the primaries and the debates where he criticized Carly Fiorina. I can't stand the woman, but he talked about her looks. Then Trump tweets about Kaine's appearance and his followers go wild. I guess in their minds as long as people don't have orange skin, pot bellies and weird hair, they'll make good leaders.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Not only did Pence talk more that his allotted time, but he kept lying. I think Kaine should have been more composed, but Pence would not answer any questions and kept changing the subject. I mean, if you are going to be closely working with someone, shouldn't you share the same views on most of the issues?

[url=http://www.vox.com/2016/10/5/13170290/pence-trump-defend-kaine]7 criticisms of Trump that Mike Pence refused to answer - Vox[/url]

Isn't it a riot that Trump voters complained only a few days ago about SNL's bias? I read several posts complaining that Alec Baldwin portrayed Trump in a negative way, and now they're cheering on the same actors.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:

That is what it was?

How about when they were not going to give Pence a follow up at all, after she asked Kaine a question and he answered it?
She finally gave Pence 30 seconds to respond. Not like all the other back and forth.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Watching and hearing Kaine in the debate was my first real introduction to him.

I was impressed. He is knowledgeable and passionate.

Pence, on the other hand, was left with his mouth hanging open several times, unable to come up with a response.

Pence spoke in 'talking points'. No depth. When asked how trumppence would handle North Korea getting nuclear ICBMs he said they would 'be strong'. WTF does that mean??? He basically said the same thing about dealing with Putin.

No meat there.

Kaine won the debate in substance. 'Looks' or 'style' alone (pence) don't carry any weight with me.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
What's scary is that this guy will be president if Hillary wins, when she inevitability keels over.
And it's a very valid argument as that is what the liberals used when Palin was McCain's VP choice. The liberals went on and on and on about how old McCain was, he could die any moment, then we'd have Palin for VP.

Well it comes full circle ....

Hillary is not in good health.
It matters who the VP is when/if she keels over...

...which is far more likely than what the odds were for McCain when he ran.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:00 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Shows Pence denying in the debate what he and/or Trump had said quite clearly.

Such a bizarre debate.

I will admit, Pence is a good bull****ter. Didn't bat an eye.

New Hillary ad shows Trump contradicting Mike Pence - Business Insider

Old 10-05-2016, 04:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Shows Pence denying in the debate what he and/or Trump had said quite clearly.

Such a bizarre debate.

I will admit, Pence is a good bull****ter. Didn't bat an eye.

New Hillary ad shows Trump contradicting Mike Pence - Business Insider
Thanks for the link. Let them take their victory dance where their VP candidate was all style, no substance.

And your link shows he lied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections