Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 01:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
So you think a $9,116,000,000 loss in one year is good investing?
Donna c'mon let's not get exaggerate it was only $916,000,000.00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Interesting... Did you know that Buffett's net worth was the same as Trump in 1974? Now he is worth $70 Billion; 14 times as much as trump? And this is after he gave away ~$3B to charity.

Riches-to-Riches Trump Spins Fake Horatio Alger Tale | Huffington Post

This certainly doesn't make Trump look like the genius he claims to be.
Trump is only worth like 1.5 Billion. Let's make it 2 billion. That would make Buffett 35 times richer.

When Trump lost all those millions that's all he had. Buffett is not losing all of his net worth.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Trump was brilliant. He obviously hired the right tax attorney because that person saved him a TON. I'd say Trump had a LOT to do with choosing who he hired.
Maybe, but he had MORE to do with LOSING NEARLY $1 BILLION. He then had to rely on one of those people he hired to save his butt. If you think that's "brilliant" - well, you still think Trump is going to win the election, so what do you know?

Ken

Old 10-07-2016, 02:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm certainly no fan of Donny but I don't see what the big deal is of him not understanding the tax code, a full time occupation, in and of itself.
But that does contradict Trump's claim that "he is the only one who can fix it."

How can he fix something he doesn't understand?

Old 10-07-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Would you happen to have tax returns that are as intricate as either Gates or Buffett? If not then you being able to do your own taxes doesn't pertain.
My taxes have a few schedules and I can also understand corporate taxes forms. When you get used to filling out forms and interpreting them it's not that hard to figure out. Of course they will hire experts but they are not gonna look at their 1040 with a blank face. Someone as bright as Gates would figure tax forms in a few minutes. I have dealt with bright people before, they understand concepts pretty quickly.

I don't know if Trump has learned anything throughout the years but according to this article, he is totally clueless about taxes. He thought paying taxes on his "consulting" business income was double taxation. Nevermind the business was reported on his personal return(Schedule C)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-taxes-so-far/

Quote:
Trump had reported no personal income in his 1984 federal income tax but reported a $2,365,352 capital gain from the sale and total deductions of $626,264. Yet Trump had not provided documentation justifying the deductions.

That year, Trump reported his principal business activity as “consulting” — but reported no income or receipts from this activity, the judge wrote. He reported a negative taxable business income of $619,227.The judge ruled that Trump was “engaged in a taxable trade or business” and was, therefore, subject to the business tax. The judge didn’t buy Trump’s complaint that he was being double-taxed. The judge said, “The problem at issue is not one of double taxation, but of no taxation.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
My taxes have a few schedules and I can also understand corporate taxes forms. When you get used to filling out forms and interpreting them it's not that hard to figure out. Of course they will hire experts but they are not gonna look at their 1040 with a blank face. Someone as bright as Gates would figure tax forms in a few minutes. I have dealt with bright people before, they understand concepts pretty quickly.

I don't know if Trump has learned anything throughout the years but according to this article, he is totally clueless about taxes. He thought paying taxes on his "consulting" business income was double taxation. Nevermind the business was reported on his personal return(Schedule C)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-taxes-so-far/
Dont ya think maybe that was a learning lesson and thus why he separates out his business activities from personal now, and thus the personal returns, would be worthless, without the business ones being released as well, in order to get the full picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections