Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 08:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I believe that deep down, he's not a very happy man. It's well documented his father was a very demanding man and I can't help thinking in many ways much of his braggadocio is a continuing (failed) attempt at pleasing his father. Like it or not, admit it or not, much of your childhood stays forever.

Personally, I have a paid for roof over my head, food in the fridge, a little $$$ in the bank, and real friends. Works for me.
I've often thought that the guy is miserable. Filled with self loathing that he then projects onto everyone around him. Are we surprised that being raised in an environment of pure hedonistic materialism produces a man like this? Sounds like his father was sadistic and cold, we all know that the apple does not fall far from the tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.
If people are tired of him, why is he still hanging in there: ahead in a few polls, statistically tied in a few and slightly behind in others. Maybe some are tired of him, even have been for a long time but we are left with no good options. I would rather take a chance on him than see Clinton in there. The few ideas she has will cost the American people big bucks, and that is if she could get them passed. Then we have the supreme court to worry about. OMG, what a mess she could make out of that. The next president will be nominating at least 2 and maybe more. Of course then if the house will not work with her, we may end up with only 6 or 7 on the bench. There is not one good thing that can come out of a Hillary election in my opinion. What do you have say about that?

Old 10-06-2016, 08:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Very true.

Great deflection. Typical of most liberals who are quick to criticize Trump and his supporters but are unable to defend Clinton. Why is that? Because her supporters are embarassed by her overwhelming level of corruption and incompetence. Almost thirty years in politics and nothing to show for it except a sordid past full of corruption, while her and Bill enrich themselves.

In politics, when your corrupt candidate has an abysmal record to run on, make the election a personality contest.

Here comes more deflection from the old hag's blind supporters.
This is truly amazing. You say that the media reporting the truth, and backing it up with video proof that it's truth is a deflection against the charge of media bias, and in the same breath you go on to say that all the lies and stories about Hillary's so-called curruption, that can't be proven, not even by (what is the count now, 9?) motivated witch-hunt squads, are accurate? Hillary has a long record of accomplisments, and when she's not having to defend against Trump lies (you guys call that "attack", when she calls him out on his lies about her), she talks about substance and policy.

It is absolutely baffling how Trump Supporters can just spout crap that is so blatently not true, and then ignore facts.

Disagreeing with Hillary's position on things is totally legit.
Saying she doesn't have one, or that charges that have not had legs indicates curruption is just crazy-talk.

Absolutely stunning, the level of delusion that some Trump supporters have.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:06 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It is absolutely baffling how Trump Supporters can just spout crap that is so blatently not true, and then ignore facts.

Disagreeing with Hillary's position on things is totally legit.
Saying she doesn't have one, or that charges that have not had legs indicates curruption is just crazy-talk.

Absolutely stunning, the level of delusion that some Trump supporters have.
Hate to say I told you so, but this "movement" has been emerging since the 70's and 80's. At first it was just a few deluded people that fell into the talk-radio cult, but today this has grown - now a good portion of the electorate no longer has the ability to discern between propaganda and truth. This is how autocrats and dictators manage to worm their way into power, it's nothing new. The only thing new is that today's technologies can greatly accelerate the spread of fanaticism.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Few who know him have a good word to say. Giuliana and Christie are about it. Oh, and that Duck Dynasty guy.

Even Pence, his own running mate, declined to support Trump at the debate.

Honestly, how does one get to be 70 years old and have so little support besides strangers that insist he didn't break the law?
where in the heck did you come up with Pence refusing to support him. The one big criticism the press had, especially the liberal press about Pence's performance at the debate was his supporting and defending Trump. Maybe you were watching you own private debate or maybe you were not watching at all, just getting your views from FB?

Old 10-06-2016, 09:12 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,679 times
For those who seriously contemplate the meaning of their vote, novelty has nothing to do w/ it.

If you want novelty go to Toys R Us

Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.
Hillary has always been grannies wallpaper fading and falling off the wall.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:18 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Hate to say I told you so, but this "movement" has been emerging since the 70's and 80's. At first it was just a few deluded people that fell into the talk-radio cult, but today this has grown - now a good portion of the electorate no longer has the ability to discern between propaganda and truth. This is how autocrats and dictators manage to worm their way into power, it's nothing new. The only thing new is that today's technologies can greatly accelerate the spread of fanaticism.
What is really happening and the left refuses to acknowledge is industries are gone and more are going including coal.

Fact is we grew strong as a nation when we were the strength of the industrial revolution. Now we outsource the jobs and the welfare lines continue to grow. It is getting noticeably worse. Many people can't find jobs and the cost of living is going up. Many people dropped out of the work force. Millions and millions don't have a job today.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:20 AM

247 posts, read 196,740 times
That's funny, because I thought the Clinton novelty wore out WAY before 2000 when those scumbags packed up and stole stuff when they left the white house.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
That is true. Trump has no friends. I bet he has issues of friends stabbing him in the back. He does have his family. That keeps him not to totally lose his mind. Even his ex doesn't have a lot of bad things to say about him.

She is legally bound not to IF she wants to keep the alimony rolling in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Hillary is the bigger actor of the two. She changes her tune quickly & pretty different on camera & off camera. She is also very entitled with being an elected to one position in her political career. The other big two was given to her
Come on. First Donnie was TOTALLY pro-choice including partial birth abortion, from that he went to punishing all women that had abortions, from there he went to not punishing women. He went from praising Hillary Clinton to demonizing Hillary Clinton. He went from . . well - you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
where in the heck did you come up with Pence refusing to support him. The one big criticism the press had, especially the liberal press about Pence's performance at the debate was his supporting and defending Trump. Maybe you were watching you own private debate or maybe you were not watching at all, just getting your views from FB?

Pence just sat there and denied everything that Trump actually said! It's like he forgot Trump was his running mate. He did NOT defend; he denied what were true statement made by Trup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What is really happening and the left refuses to acknowledge is industries are gone and more are going including coal.

Fact is we grew strong as a nation when we were the strength of the industrial revolution. Now we outsource the jobs and the welfare lines continue to grow. It is getting noticeably worse. Many people can't find jobs and the cost of living is going up. Many people dropped out of the work force. Millions and millions don't have a job today.
And you think Trump is going to bring that back, do you? As long as we keep fracking, there will be a reduced demand for coal.

Are you also going to stop automation? Because more and more jobs of ALL of us - will continue evolving into robotic, automated jobs.

What then?

We have to keep looking forward - forward past coal. This is our new reality and NOT just for manufacturing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections