Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 07:17 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
.................She's 15 now and has told me to write in Darth Vader.
Darth Vader is about as real as either Clinton or Trump.

Johnson is the best candidate out there. He will not win in November because he does not have the backing and exposure, not because he is the worst candidate.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Johnson is the best candidate out there. He will not win in November because he does not have the backing and exposure, not because he is the worst candidate.
Without question he is not the worst candidate.......I'm not even sure if that would describe Darth Vader if he was actually running.

Hillary could probably match up with him pretty well as a war monger.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:39 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Jill Stein? She`s a bit on the nutty side and Gary (what`s Aleppo) can`t be taken seriously either. Regarding Stein, she thinks that wifi is destroying the brains of kids in classrooms. Really!

Jill Stein Worries Wi-Fi Is Dangerous For Kids

Old 10-08-2016, 07:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

I can`t imagine what Putin would do with a know nothing like Gary Johnson.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
What are you talking about? Stein doesn't believe in limited government at all except for military spending.
Close in civil liberties. That's why he likes her. Hasn't endorsed her.

Quote:
Johnson and Stein have the most similar foreign policy positions and they are drastically different then Trump and Clintons. Paul is even more of a non interventionist then either Stein or Johnson.
Agreed. Although he favors Stein, he hasn't endorsed her. Probably never will imo.

Quote:
Stein on foreign policy
A conversation with Jill Stein: what the Green Party candidate believes - Vox

Johnson on foreign policy, video is from yesterday. He had a speech at the University of Chicago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yffL96IK2Ew
Specifically looking to get out of NATO.

Not coming up with Aleppo or foreign leader answers didn't help.

Quote:
Johnsons approach to limited government is not as principled as Pauls, but they come to a similar conclusions on the size and role of government.
Johnson is willing to compromise, something Paul doesn't like and probably the reason he doesn't like Johnson.
Explain to me how one compromises on the rights of the individual? Here's his type of compromise. If the tax is 20 percent and he wants it to be zero, he'll vote on a bill that lowers it to 15 percent.

Quote:
But honestly, Paul did little in all the years he was in politics in furthering limited constitutional government.
Like exposing the Federal Reserve?

Federally Which one of his policies don't you like? The one where he correctly pointed out our foreign policy would cause a 9/11 type attack or that if government meddled in the housing market we'd get a boom and bust?
Honestly, aren't you blaming him for being right while most of the losers in Congress were wrong?

Old 10-08-2016, 09:29 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
You could've voted for him when he actually ran but, I bet you didn't. Instead you have let the system progress into the sh*tshow we see today. At least vote Johnson or Stein.
I registered as a Republican for the first time ever in 2012 just to campaign and vote for Ron Paul.

I'm voting Jill Stein this year.

Ron Paul: "Bernie is the Most Pro Free-Market Candidate"

Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted for Paul. He would have won if half of those who now state he would be a good president had actually voted for him.

In 2008 I voted for Bob Barr. Now, I will admit I wasn't super enthused he was the (L) nominee but there was no way I could vote for Obama or McCain. This shows a large part of the problem.

My daughter was 7 and I thought it would be a good idea to show her how voting worked so I took her with me. We get to the presidential election and I select Bob Barr. She looks at me and in a voice loud enough for all to hear she asks me "who is Bob"?

She had heard about Obama, she had heard about McCain but she had no idea anyone else was running. Granted, she was 7 but it does say something about the problem overall. This election has at least got the other nominee's more notice but still.........

She's 15 now and has told me to write in Darth Vader.
Darth Vader? We would have been much better with Leia. At least she didn't say to write in Jar Jar, since he was the one who transferred all the power to the Empire. Lol.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Jill Stein? She`s a bit on the nutty side and Gary (what`s Aleppo) can`t be taken seriously either. Regarding Stein, she thinks that wifi is destroying the brains of kids in classrooms. Really!

Jill Stein Worries Wi-Fi Is Dangerous For Kids

Old 10-08-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I registered as a Republican for the first time ever in 2012 just to campaign and vote for Ron Paul.

I'm voting Jill Stein this year.

Ron Paul: "Bernie is the Most Pro Free-Market Candidate"
I will be voting for her too. So long as you don't vote Clinton or Trump, I have no quarrels with anybody. Enough votes for the Libertarians or the Greens will mean we have FOUR major parties next election, not two. And we can really use that.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:55 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Close in civil liberties. That's why he likes her. Hasn't endorsed her.

Agreed. Although he favors Stein, he hasn't endorsed her. Probably never will imo.

Specifically looking to get out of NATO.

Not coming up with Aleppo or foreign leader answers didn't help.

Explain to me how one compromises on the rights of the individual? Here's his type of compromise. If the tax is 20 percent and he wants it to be zero, he'll vote on a bill that lowers it to 15 percent.

Like exposing the Federal Reserve?

Federally Which one of his policies don't you like? The one where he correctly pointed out our foreign policy would cause a 9/11 type attack or that if government meddled in the housing market we'd get a boom and bust?
Honestly, aren't you blaming him for being right while most of the losers in Congress were wrong?
No candidate running wants to leave NATO. We shouldn't leave NATO imo, but we should reduce our military in Europe and elsewhere across the globe, Johnsons goal of reducing military expenditures by 20% is a good start.

What I mean my compromising is that Johnson can attract moderates, social liberals, conservatives, and libertarians. Paul can't do that. Paul had a very loyal base, but his support wasn't going to broaden. It sucks, but to build a coalition to really change the country, we need a diverse group of people coming together behind one candidate. Johnson actually does a great job of that.

Paul did a good job exposing the government in many areas, but what was done about those things, nothing. Paul was never able to get the supported needed to do anything. I'm not blaming him really, he's one of my favorite congressmen, but from a perspective of what he accomplished as a congressmen is a short list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections