Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 08:44 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,798,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Hillary also has Russian connections. However, we don't hear much about them.

Wonder why.

EXACTLY!

Hacked emails raise possibility of Clinton Foundation ethics breach
Hacked emails published by Wikileaks this week appear to show Qatar pledging to donate $1 million to Hillary Clinton's family's charitable foundation, despite her promise to curb new donations by foreign governments while U.S. secretary of state.

The ambassador said that he asked "to see WJC 'for five minutes' in NYC, to present $1 million check that Qatar promised for WJC's birthday in 2011," Amitabh Desai, the foundation official, writes in his email, using the former U.S. president's initials.

Hillary Clinton, who is the Democratic nominee for the Nov. 8 presidential election, served as secretary of state from 2009 until 2013.

Clinton's campaign has been embarrassed by this and similar recent hacking attacks on other Democratic Party officials, some of which appear to show Clinton and her aides saying things in private that contradict their public positions. Her spokesmen have not disputed the authenticity of the hacked emails.

Last year, Reuters found that at least seven other foreign governments made new donations to the foundation without the State Department being informed, partly, foundation officials said, because of "oversights."
Hacked emails raise possibility of Clinton Foundation ethics breach

Yet this habitual lying criminal is allowed to campaign for President!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 08:49 AM

8,516 posts, read 10,033,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My thoughts?

If the candidate I was supporting hired a Russian operative as campaign manager, if my candidate was praising Putin and supporting his expansion plans, if my candidate was repeating items printed in the Kremlin-controlled Sputnik (and printed only there) at rallies, and if Russian-hacked emails supporting my candidate started appearing.... I would **** about Russians connections.

But that's just me.

Carry on.
You entirely deflected from the question. I asked specifically about the contents of the emails and whether or not you support the behaviors indicated in the emails.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:01 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,461,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You entirely deflected from the question. I asked specifically about the contents of the emails and whether or not you support the behaviors indicated in the emails.
That is the main discussion point from Hi$$ary supporters: 'Trump Is Worse. Hillary 2016 !!! '

Old 10-15-2016, 09:20 AM

51,577 posts, read 25,492,182 times
Quote:
My thoughts?

If the candidate I was supporting hired a Russian operative as campaign manager, if my candidate was praising Putin and supporting his expansion plans, if my candidate was repeating items printed in the Kremlin-controlled Sputnik (and printed only there) at rallies, and if Russian-hacked emails supporting my candidate started appearing.... I would **** about Russians connections.

But that's just me.

Carry on.
Quote:
Let's see if I can clear up any confusion you may have about my opinion of the behaviors indicated in the emails.

I do not support a presidential candidate hiring a Russian operative to run his campaign.

I do not support a presidential candidate praising Putin/Russian invasion efforts and plans.

I do not support a presidential candidate reading items at rallies from the Kremlin-controlled Sputnik.

I do not support a presidential candidate openly calling for Russia to hack American emails.

I do not put any faith whatsoever in the accuracy of Russian-hacked emails.

If the best you got is Russian-hacked emails about a possible connection between Podesta and a Russian money-laundering firm, you don't have much.

Clear enough for you?

Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 AM

1,220 posts, read 623,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
After that ... comes "some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere". Just "Imagine" ....
Sounds like another Solyndra scandal waiting to happen, just imagine ...
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 10-15-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Let's see if I can clear up any confusion you may have about my opinion of the behaviors indicated in the emails.

I do not support a presidential candidate hiring a Russian operative to run his campaign.

I do not support a presidential candidate praising Putin/Russian invasion efforts and plans.

I do not support a presidential candidate reading items at rallies from the Kremlin-controlled Sputnik.

I do not support a presidential candidate openly calling for Russia to hack American emails.

I do not put any faith whatsoever in the accuracy of Russian-hacked emails.

If the best you got is Russian-hacked emails about a possible connection between Podesta and a Russian money-laundering firm, you don't have much.

Clear enough for you?
Just so that we are on the same page, I am not confused at all by your opinion of the behaviors indicated in the emails because you still have not addressed them. You sound just like the MSM and Clinton Campaign. There is nothing substantive about your answer as it simply does not address ANYTHING I asked, but simply deflects from it. Now...since Podesta has not denied the authenticity of the emails, I'll ask you the question again, but try to rephrase it in the most basic way so you are not further confused.

Do you agree with the behaviors of the individuals involved in the Clinton Campaign that has been indicated in the Podesta emails? It should be a simple yes or no.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,863,130 times
Quote:
Just so that we are on the same page, I am not confused at all by your opinion of the behaviors indicated in the emails because you still have not addressed them. You sound just like the MSM and Clinton Campaign. There is nothing substantive about your answer as it simply does not address ANYTHING I asked, but simply deflects from it. Now...since Podesta has not denied the authenticity of the emails, I'll ask you the question again, but try to rephrase it in the most basic way so you are not further confused.

Do you agree with the behaviors of the individuals involved in the Clinton Campaign that has been indicated in the Podesta emails? It should be a simple yes or no.
Let me add to this "do you agree with the corrupt acts and possibly illegal actions by a public official as outlined in several of the emails?"

My guess AZliam is you will get another deflection or a non answer which means "why yes I do".

Old 10-15-2016, 09:59 AM

42,717 posts, read 25,880,492 times
Quote:
What are your thoughts about the contents of the emails? Do you support this type of behavior from within?
What are your thoughts about the content of the post you were responding to?

Old 10-15-2016, 10:04 AM

25,727 posts, read 16,346,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Apologies if it's been discussed but the most damning to me is Podesta's email giving the team a heads up that the head of the senate judiciary committee sent a recommendation to AG Lynch asking her to look at Hillary selling uranium to Russians and Clinton foundation donations tangled in it.

Podesta claims he SAW the email. Not heard of, not got wind of or suspected - he SAW. From what I can see - there is exactly one place he could have received / seen the email to AG Lynch - FROM AG Lynch. And I believe the timing lines up where the DOJ was already investigating Hillary's emails?

If that's the way it worked, this is the most egregious thing we have learned all election season. A senator and head of judiciary committee sends a recommendation to the attorney general, and the AG shares it with the key crony of the person at the center of the recommendation. If true, the whole system needs to be burnt to the ground.
Most Democrats cannot read something this complex. But you are correct...and they will vote for her anyway.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What are your thoughts about the content of the post you were responding to?
I believe I addressed my position in this thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...n-foreign.html

Now, what are your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections