Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:35 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Multiple sources are saying that the RNC's senior leadership will meet tomorrow in NYC to discuss the possibility going forward without Trump. Clearly, they think they may have a way to ditch him.
I dont think there's anyway they can ditch him, and have a chance at winning.

That being said, they may whip themselves into such a frenzy they may think they cant win with him.

In which case I see a new political party headed by Trump.

No matter what happens a month from now, I think we may be witnessing the birth of a new, viable third party, or the replacement to the Republican party.

Trump wins, or loses the general, he'll still end up the winner, in the long run.

CN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,803,391 times
Yes, if Trump steps down.

Pence? Sure, I suspect he would.

Ryan? No chance! Ryan is young - he's 46 - so why on Earth would be agree to fall on his sword and lose to Clinton? He can selectively pick and choose his time to run, in 2020 or 2024 or even beyond.

But like I said in another thread, replacing Trump won't save the election for the GOP. Early voting has already started. Every one of the millions of votes already cast for Trump (and some states have been voting since September, in person and by mail) is permanently lost to whoever would replace him. The Republican margin was thin enough this time around. Sacrificing the Presidential vote of all the Republicans who have already voted would preclude any chance of a GOP victory.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:41 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The easiest way for Trump to be replaced is if he quits.

If he quits the Republican National Committee then decides how he will be replaced. That would be done by either holding another convention and letting the delegates go through the process again or having a vote of RNC members.

The RNC rules say a candidate can be replaced if he declines to run (quits), dies or "otherwise". Otherwise would be a tortured process. Which would probably be best achieved by senior members of the GOP convincing Trump to step down. Because the world now knows he is a sexual predator.

Or he could just announce he has a disease that was diagnosed when the tape came out and avoid being humiliated in November.
His ego is too big to quit, so I'm hoping them force him out due to being a sexual predator.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Yes, if Trump steps down.

Pence? Sure, I suspect he would.

Ryan? No chance! Ryan is young - he's 46 - so why on Earth would be agree to fall on his sword and lose to Clinton? He can selectively pick and choose his time to run, in 2020 or 2024 or even beyond.

But like I said in another thread, replacing Trump won't save the election for the GOP. Early voting has already started. Every one of the millions of votes already cast for Trump (and some states have been voting since September, in person and by mail) is permanently lost to whoever would replace him. The Republican margin was thin enough this time around. Sacrificing the Presidential vote of all the Republicans who have already voted would preclude any chance of a GOP victory.
but by replacing Trump, the GOP could save some face by showing they acted by not allowing Trump to continue after the lewd statements he made.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:43 PM

13 posts, read 7,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Absolutely not!
And that's why I'm so sick that the Rs had so many talented candidates and picked this creep. Anyone else could have beat Hillary, and they pick Trump, who was shown poll after poll not able to beat her.

They should have dumped him at the convention.
And now have the chance to do it.
Amen. ANYONE else could have beat the democratic candidate.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:44 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Uh huh. And you were one of those who kept saying --- But...but...but...BUSH! to deflect from Obama.

I don't approve of what Trump said. Nor did I approve of Bubba's behavior. Nor do I approve of Bubba's wife's behavior.

Find me the perfect candidate who never said anything wrong. I bet you can't
This^

Why cant we all grow up just a little, and stick to comparing the policies of the two candidates, and not worry about their personal glitches?

CN

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Paul Ryan apparently "disinvited" Trump from his rally in Wisconsin tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:46 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
This^

Why cant we all grow up just a little, and stick to comparing the policies of the two candidates, and not worry about their personal glitches?

CN
So you'd hire a thief to work a cashier at your hypothetical business? You know, since we're not worrying about their personal glitches at all. I mean, if they can count change, shouldn't that be all they're evaluated by?

Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,683,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Are you serious?
If so, where did you hear this?
It's been on the news but likely nothing would come of it. It's just bluster.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:50 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,683,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The party wanted Jeb. So go with Jeb. He and Cruz are easily the most knowledgeable of all candidates in the Republican field.
Oh ****No!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections