Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 03:19 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,111,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Maybe he can rally his crazy Conspiracy supporters and say his Mic was also defective 11 years ago too !
This actually was the first thing that came to my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 04:28 AM

244 posts, read 168,670 times
All this " OMG Trump is done" crying's silly.

So this is a country that glorifies the bad boy image displayed by pop stars etc. , yet we are so shocked and horrified that a former reality star TV host now running for president said the P -word and joked about which women he'd like to bang? Now the voters are going to say oh boy that doesn't for me ill vote for the crooked politician so in 4 years I can complain about the CROOKED POLITICAIN that I voted for?

I mean really is the American voter that stupid? Honestly seeing the middle class crumble is justice served. They deserve every bit of it.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:52 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post

So this is a country that glorifies the bad boy image displayed by pop stars etc. , yet we are so shocked and horrified that a former reality star TV host now running for president said the P -word and joked about which women he'd like to bang? Now the voters are going to say oh boy that doesn't for me ill vote for the crooked politician so in 4 years I can complain about the CROOKED POLITICAIN that I voted for?

I mean really is the American voter that stupid? Honestly seeing the middle class crumble is justice served. They deserve every bit of it.

The answer to your last question, unfortunately, is yes. Stupid, gullible, and uninformed.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:09 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Here's another twist for ya.
I caught a report- probably a rumor as of yet- that Mike Pence is considering dropping out of the race.

Many of the drop-out scenarios have Pence replacing Trump, so if Pence does quit, what will happen then?

Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,944,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Here's another twist for ya.
I caught a report- probably a rumor as of yet- that Mike Pence is considering dropping out of the race.

Many of the drop-out scenarios have Pence replacing Trump, so if Pence does quit, what will happen then?
He'll salvage the teaspoon of self-respect he has left and retire to a life of casual leisure and gay-bashing?

Old 10-09-2016, 11:14 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,803,391 times
Quote:
No, it's glaringly obvious. He was barely hanging on before Friday afternoon. Now he's done. Again, that's perfectly clear to anyone not wearing the orange-colored glasses.

Quote:
Classic, just classic. Everyone who disagrees with you politically is 'stupid', and if the middle class won't support your candidate you want to see it suffer?

A hefty does of narcissism and fantasies of exacting spiteful vengeance all wrapped up in one - That's Trumpism in a nutshell!

Old 10-09-2016, 11:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Trump should've crashed AND burned many times over since the race started; Hillary's fans need to remember that. Too; she "should've" had the election in the bag, I STILL think something's gonna happen to her campaign which will end it before election day.

IMHO that why BOTH ^^^ candidates picked anglo white dudes as the running mates since, they're "safe" bets.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That actually makes sense. They are saying the woman was Nancy O'Dell (thanks katspaw!) and he tried to get her fired. That's not locker room banter, that's retaliation. That's Roger Ailes territory.

Donald Trump Tried to Fire Nancy O
and The Daily Beast has proof he tried to get her fired, right?

Old 10-09-2016, 12:04 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Trump is not going to drop out. Maybe Hillary should be the one to drop out like her polling and crowd numbers have?

I realize that some with reality issues believe that what Trump said about women during a private conversation, "guy talk", should hold more importance that the decades of sins, crimes and corruption of Clinton, but that just is not the reality.

Could Hillary win against another GOP candidate? Who cares? There won't be a chance for her to do that.

The stench of desperation by the liberals is so thick it has blinded them to the reality.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
As it stands now, Clinton is a very heavy favorite against Donald Trump.

But wait. After the release of the video today, which shows Trump bragging about how he tries to '****' married women and how when you're a star you can just 'grab their *****', there are again whispers of replacing Trump.

Can he be replaced? Sure. Will that save the election? No -- it will doom whatever slim chance the GOP still has.

Why?

Early voting.

Votes are already being cast, in person and by mail. Some of those votes are for Clinton but some are for Trump. Traditionally, Republicans dominate early voting, though the Clinton campaign is confident it can reduce that early GOP-margin this time around. But regardless, every vote already cast for Trump is a lost vote if he's replaced. That ballot cannot be retrieved and changed.

In 2012, 32% of all votes were cast before Election Day. Since that percentage climbs every four years, it will surely be higher this year. 4.5 million votes in Florida were cast early. President Obama's margin of victory in Florida was 74k votes.

Voting began in September. How many votes have been sent in so far? 10%? 5%? Even if it's as small a number as 2%, if half those are for Trump - and history suggests that the majority of early votes are cast for Republicans - then all those votes are lost. But not for Clinton.

Think about it.

Do the math.

Mathematically, if Trump is replaced that whoever replaces him - Pence, whoever - loses every voter who has already voted for Trump. But all the votes so far for Clinton are solid.

I've been through this once before, here in Minnesota. In 1990, the Republican candidate for governor was beating the Democratic incumbent handily - until it emerged that a few years earlier, he'd gone skinny dipping with several underage girls. After numerous girls confirmed the allegations, he dropped out of the race a mere 10 days before the election. The GOP scrambled to replace him on the ballot with the candidate who had finished second in the GOP primary. I voted absentee that year, and I voted for the replacement Republican, Arne Carlson - but I had to write his name in, because my ballot had the disgraced nominee, Jon Grunseth, listed.

Grunseth got 0.61 of the vote in the election. The Republican candidate still won, but early voting was hardly a thing at all back then. Very few people did it. Now, at least a third of the electorate does it. And you can rest assured that even if Trump is replaced, a non-trivial number of confused voters will still check his name rather than write in the name of his replacement on the ballots they've already received.

Replace Trump? Go ahead. That will just be the final nail in the coffin.

You know the phrase 'between a rock and a hard place'? That's where you are, GOP. There's no escape. And you are the ones who put yourselves there!
you bring up a good point about absentee ballots and early voting would stop any chance the Rs have of winning. On the other hand, when anyone says the GOP are the ones that put ourselves in this mess, I won't repeat what I have been saying for 9 months; but in short, No, we are not the ones that did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections