Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 06:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Only hillary condones sexual assault. Trump and billy bush were kidding around.
no, trump was not fooling around he was having what he considered to be "man talk" billy bush was too much of an asskiss*r to do much more than laugh and encourage him. the tape shows who trump really is. he has been showing you all along.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:21 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The more the better. It just proves that Trump is as horny as the rest of us warm-blooded men.

Go Trump...a man of the people!
^That is not an endorsement most presidential candidates would embrace.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:24 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most warm blooded men do not condone sexual assault. he is not a man of the deplorable.
And who are these women he's assaulted?

Old 10-08-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no, trump was not fooling around he was having what he considered to be "man talk" billy bush was too much of an asskiss*r to do much more than laugh and encourage him. the tape shows who trump really is. he has been showing you all along.
He was smack talking and bragging. Did he really actually touch anyone? He said he "could" but that's different than actually doing it. I've heard men say worse, but know it was all bluster.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:26 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,724,246 times
I too think it's likely there are other tapes. After all, we have Trump on tape admitting--boasting--that he assaulted multiple women and tried to bed a married woman (Nancy O'Dell), whom he later tried to have fired after she refused his advances. Based on his statements, it seems unlikely this was a phase he went through.

Also, I think it's very interesting that Sarah Palin--formerly one of his most vocal supporters--has been strangely silent for months now. Palin loves to be in the media. She had her own cable show for a while. You'd think she would be tweeting or commenting in Trump's defense these past weeks.

Makes you wonder what he might have done to alienate Ms. Palin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
He was smack talking and bragging. Did he really actually touch anyone? He said he "could" but that's different than actually doing it. I've heard men say worse, but know it was all bluster.
He didn't say "could." He said this:

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

First, kissing someone without their permission or interest is assault. But the next sentence he utters is also telling:

"...Grab them by the p****. You can do anything."

The last verb he used before "grab" is "can"--from the "You can do anything" statement. So he's saying these are things that one as a star can get away with. Now how would one assert that unless he'd done so himself?

Note that when he made his infamous "I could shoot people in the middle of Fifth Avenue" statement, he did say "could," because he was speaking theoretically. But on the bus he said "can." Not may. Not might. Not could. "You CAN do anything" -- as in, groping women in their crotch is behavior he's established for certain that he as a TV star can (and by implication does) get away with.

Last edited by Carlingtonian; 10-08-2016 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Off topic/his thread was not deleted it's still up

Old 10-08-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
^That is not an endorsement most presidential candidates would embrace.
Probably not, but it's his cross to bear.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post

I too think it's likely there are other tapes. After all, we have Trump on tape admitting--boasting--that he assaulted multiple women and tried to bed a married woman (Nancy O'Dell), whom he later tried to have fired after she refused his advances. Based on his statements, it seems unlikely this was a phase he went through.

Also, I think it's very interesting that Sarah Palin--formerly one of his most vocal supporters--has been strangely silent for months now. Palin loves to be in the media. She had her own cable show for a while. You'd think she would be tweeting or commenting in Trump's defense these past weeks.

Makes you wonder what he might have done to alienate Ms. Palin....
He never said he did, just that he could, because of fame.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-08-2016 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 10-08-2016, 06:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
keep your blinders on.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
People might be willing to accept that - if it were not that he has a 30-year history of saying stuff like that, and a history of actually screwing around.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:06 PM

5,759 posts, read 10,724,246 times
Quote:
No. He did not say could. He said can.

"And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

"...Grab them by the p****. You can do anything."

The last verb he used before "grab" is "can"--from the "You can do anything" statement. So he's saying these are things that one as a star can get away with. Now how would one assert that unless he'd done so himself?

Note that when he made his infamous "I could shoot people in the middle of Fifth Avenue" statement, he did say "could," because he was speaking theoretically. But on the bus he said "can." Not may. Not might. Not could. "You CAN do anything" -- as in, groping women in their crotch is behavior he's established for certain that he as a TV star can (and by implication does) get away with.

Also, there are women who say Trump assaulted them:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us...daily.com&_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections