U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 01:31 AM

44 posts, read 15,427 times

Advertisements

If you are voting please post here why you would do something so ridiculous.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 01:47 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Simple: keep idiots out of office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Flwq_zUVY

Old 10-08-2016, 01:48 AM

13,819 posts, read 25,177,226 times
Because we have the right to do so. Could you imagine living in a country where you not allowed to?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 AM

13,819 posts, read 25,177,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
It didn't work that way with Obama.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:32 AM

9,259 posts, read 10,913,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Because we have the right to do so. Could you imagine living in a country where you not allowed to?
Precisely. And I see that you (jfkIII) and I are on opposite sides, but bet we agree it's a ridiculous question! To the OP, there are people in this world who would love to have a voice and they don't. My question to you OP, if you have the opportunity to vote, why would you do something as stupid as to not participate? Makes me sick how many people take voting for granted. Try living in a dictatorship.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Are you saying the two candidates you have now are not idiots?

Quote:
jfkIII Because we have the right to do so. Could you imagine living in a country where you not allowed to?
You get two choices out of 300 million. Doesn't sound to me like you are allowed many options.

Quote:
To the OP, there are people in this world who would love to have a voice and they don't. My question to you OP, if you have the opportunity to vote, why would you do something as stupid as to not participate? Makes me sick how many people take voting for granted. Try living in a dictatorship.
I am sure we will agree that neither candidate is qualified to dictate how others live. But one of them will be doing just that. Will voting for the lesser of two evils fix anything? And why would anybody vote when their votes are nothing but votes for a new master to replace the old master? You might not realize it, but your government is a dictatorship since it dictates to you how and where you can live.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:10 AM

35,269 posts, read 19,297,794 times
Lightbulb Why Do People Vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck The Elder View Post
If you are voting please post here why you would do something so ridiculous.
Thank you.

Feel free to skip every election for the rest of your days.

Every apathetic nonvoter makes my vote count that much more.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Feel free to skip every election for the rest of your days.

Every apathetic nonvoter makes my vote count that much more.

Well, I am obviously not apathetic since I do have an interest in voting. I just choose not to participate in a fraudulent act in which others blindly believe they are making a difference for the better by voting for somebody to rule over them and their neighbors.

Suppose I did vote and I voted for Candidate A and Candidate B won. Am I obligated to obey the dictates of Candidate A since I did not wish to have him as a master? Some would say "yes" because I participated in the voting process. Now, since I am not a voter, and will not be voting for either candidate, what gives the winning candidate the authority to dictate my life and the way I live it? I did not participate in the process, nor do I approve of the process.

"If you don't vote and the wrong candidate gets in there, you can't complain," is a mantra I hear repeated often. I did vote once, and the wrong candidate got (s)elected. Complaining didn't do any more to change that then it does when I complain as a non-voter.

I think, as a non-voter, I have more right to complain than does any voter. The voter is responsible for the winning candidates actions (that is if your vote actually counted). I am not. So, if your candidate wins and he/she screws everything up worse than it already is, are you, as a voter, going to apologize to me for (s)electing him/her? I think you should because YOU made the (un)informed decision to pick a master to rule over me without my consent to do so.

Last edited by Buck The Elder; 10-08-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 10-08-2016, 11:36 AM

35,269 posts, read 19,297,794 times
If you pay taxes, of course you have the right to complain.

You also have the right to participate by voting. But you aren't required to. Go ahead and sit it out. I'll be glad to vote for both of us.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If you pay taxes, of course you have the right to complain.

You also have the right to participate by voting. But you aren't required to. Go ahead and sit it out. I'll be glad to vote for both of us.

Thank you for the offer, but I do NOT give you consent to vote for me. I do not participate in fraud even by proxy.

I pay taxes under duress. Taxation is theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or