Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2016, 02:13 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times

Advertisements

HRC will almost certainly carry the Latino vote by a greater margin than Obama in 2012 (71-27). Whatever issues Clinton has inspiring Latinos to vote, her opponent fills the enthusiasm void by being the most openly hostile political figure since Gov Pete Wilson.

Clinton crushing Trump by 'historic' 30 points in Fla. Latino poll

Quote:
Clinton’s 58-28 percent lead is a net 6-point shift in her favor since Univision polled the presidential race last month with Florida Latinos. Her 30-point margin compares to President Obama’s final 21-point spread in his historic rout of Republican Mitt Romney among Florida Latinos, according to exit polls at the end of the 2012 election
This poll predates the Access Hollywood debacle and its aftermath.

Keep in mind that Florida is the most Latino-friendly state for Republicans, where even Mitt Romney got 39% of the vote in losing the state. Nationwide Trump is doing much worse than 58-28.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:56 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,608,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Keep in mind that Florida is the most Latino-friendly state for Republicans, where even Mitt Romney got 39% of the vote in losing the state. Nationwide Trump is doing much worse than 58-28.
Which perfectly explains the latest poll showing HRC up 4 points, it accurately reflects the Hispanic vote swing to her.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:02 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Is there a way that Trump's divorce from the Ohio GOP will show up in the polls? I suspect it won't. Since it will mainly affect get-out-the-vote that'll only show up in the exit polls, I suppose. This really shows the limitation of the polls. We already know that they cannot account for different weather in different places on Election Day (though with early voting that variability is becoming more limited) but what's unfortunate is that there are so many factors, at least this time around, that will have extraordinary effects on the result, that polls simply cannot adjust for. "Will you stand outside the polling place in a menacing manner with your shotgun, trying to intimidate voters of color from voting? Yes/No" "If you see someone standing outside the polling place in a menacing manner with a shotgun, trying to intimidate you as a voter of color from voting will you go home instead of voting? Yes/No"

Old 10-15-2016, 03:39 PM

416 posts, read 260,242 times
Default This one is a killer...

This just might be the most damning poll of them all and here's a summary: 56 percent of likely voters believe Donald Trump is not qualified to be president, compared to just 31 percent who said that about Hillary Clinton.

Copy right issues keep me from posting more, but the stats include 63% feel Trump doesn't have the right temperament while 64% believe Hillary does. Further 77% claimed Trump is not a good role model for children while 54% think Hillary is.

I know, i know, another liberally biased poll eh? Oops, sorry bucko, this one is straight off the presses from Fox News...don't you just hate when that happens?

It's all here on Red State...read it and weep.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:42 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
He said should shoot and many would still vote... We knew He hold his own,, hope the majority smelling the coffee !!

Old 10-15-2016, 03:43 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
"Qualified" does not trump Hillary's crimes and corruption. She is a proven liability, a failure with handling the most basis directions.

The only killer in your post is Hillary, you know "accidents and death by proxy" of over 80 that were close to the Clintons.

Keep in mind that in the real world, being "qualified" on paper doesn't necessarily get you the job. So much more is involved.

I know, it is desperate times for the Clinton camp as it should be. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
"Qualified" does not trump Hillary's crimes and corruption. She is a proven liability, a failure with handling the most basis directions.

The only killer in your post is Hillary, you know "accidents and death by proxy" of over 80 that were close to the Clintons.

Keep in mind that in the real world, being "qualified" on paper doesn't necessarily get you the job. So much more is involved.

I know, it is desperate times for the Clinton camp as it should be. Sorry to burst your bubble.
LOL

Well, if these are "desperate times" for the Clinton camp (when she is crushing him in the polls and has an 80+% chance of winning), imagine how happy they will be when the non-desperate times arrive.
Thanks, that's a great pick me up (not that I needed it).

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/

Ken

Old 10-15-2016, 03:49 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
65% is lower than Obama.
And Trump is polling less than Romney with white voters. What's your point?

Old 10-15-2016, 03:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I highly doubt that. Most of the hispnics who have been here for generations (and there will be more of those to come) are against illegal immigration. My Hispanic family hates what it has done to their towns- gangs and poverty being one. It's the first generation immigrants who think that we should have open borders and everybody is entitled to come over illegally.
Ah yes, another online person with the proverbial "I know someone...." story.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:05 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, and Trump has thrown that trend onto the bonfire. I've said all along that theoretically Hispanics SHOULD be mostly Republican - they are after all, very religious and traditional. The problem for the GOP is that the party has been largely taken over by RWNJ white supremacist, neo-NAZI/KKK types who look down on Hispanics and every other racial minority. Trump jumped on that bandwagon and became their champion, thereby putting the face of white supremacy on the GOP as a whole. Republicans are going to have a hard time erasing that stench.

Ken
Ken, I think the view that Hispanics as a rule are "religious" and "traditional" is something of a stereotype. That description does not apply to a lot of Hispanic I know. In addition to being Hispanic remember they are also part of other voting blocs: union members, college graduates, environmentalists, LGBT, feminist, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections