Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 06:00 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times

Advertisements

Are the same women who bought 80 million copies of "50 Shades of Grey"

FAKE OUTRAGE

Old 10-08-2016, 06:04 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
Excellent point and you know it's true! I won't speculate about any women on this forum, but I know a few fans of that book/movie personally. I haven't heard their opinions yet though.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I'm outraged and I've never read the book. It's not exactly 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and worthy of being on everyone's reading list.

I'm outraged because Trump continues trying to pull his con on America. He's an immoral megalomaniac and a misogynist who is such a despicable human being he has made sexual comments about his own daughter. Repeatedly.

I'm disgusted because he is a coward who has tried to deflect his shortcomings as a man, a father, and a husband, onto his opponent's husband. Mature men don't point at other men and say, "Well he did it too!" Trump lives in the bubble of wealth and self-appointed privilege and thinks he is a special snowflake who can ignore the rules of decency and respect.

I'm nauseated because he has the gall to think it's acceptable to grab women's genitals simply because he is Donald Trump. I look forward to his epic loss in November when decent Americans tell him to go back to Trump Tower. What a happy night is on the horizon: Trump is told to GO AWAY!! Yay! Happy ending to the nightmare.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-08-2016 at 06:53 PM..

Old 10-08-2016, 06:43 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm outraged and I've never read the book.

I'm outraged because Trump continues trying to pull his con on America. He's an immoral megalomaniac and a misogynist who is such a despicable human being he has made sexual comments about his own daughter.

I'm outraged because he is a coward who has tried to deflect his shortcomings as a man, a father, and a husband, onto his opponent's husbands. Mature men don't point at other men and say, "Well he did it too!" Trump lives in the bubble of wealth and self-appointed privilege and thinks he is a special snowflake who can ignore the rules of decency and respect.
Haha. I love the sarcasm.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:17 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
To the OP, are you saying that American women can't distinguish between a novel and reality? Really?

I've been reading romance novels for almost 40 years, I didn't read "50 Shades of Grey", and guess what?

Donald Trump is a miserable excuse for a human being. He is absolutely unfit to be president; he doesn't have the experience, skill, or temperament. I'm just shocked by how morally bankrupt this country is and how widely accepted sexual harrassment and rape culture still are as well. It's sad and disheartening, but I pray with all of my heart that there will never be a President Trump. It would be disastrous for the U.S. and indeed for the entire world.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:25 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

FAKE OUTRAGE
Those same 80 million women have all probably had sex with Bill Clinton.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Hillary wanting open borders and working for Wall Street, she has to attack Trump to win. All I know is I don't want to hear any bawl babies crying when they can't get a decent job because of the open borders. I'll have no sympathy for you.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:39 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
I didn't care when Bill got a bj in the White House, and I don't care that Donald still talks like a frat boy behind closed doors. I don't even care that Hillary Clinton destroyed women's career because of her cheating husband.

All I care about is policy, and that's all any of you should care about too. Don't vote with your skin color, penis, or vagina ........vote with your brain

Old 10-08-2016, 07:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Well, here's one woman who never read "50 Shades of Grey". So do I have your permission to be, not outraged - a state I very rarely get in - but full of loathing?

And I'll tell you what the difference is - a person reads a novel for many reasons, but mistaking it for real life is not one of them.

In real life, Trump's behavior is all too reminiscent of male behavior which has targeted us. Male attempts to control women by reducing us to meat is less common than it used to be, but every woman knows what it feels like. And in case you are in any doubt about this - it DOESN'T feel good.

"Margaret Atwood said, “Men are afraid women will laugh at them; women are afraid men will kill them.”
But it’s a little more complicated than that. More omnipresent than the fear of death-by-men among most American women is the fear that every time we leave men alone together in a room, they talk about us like how Donald Trump and Billy Bush talked about women in footage that leaked Friday. We fear that while men may treat us with manners in public, in private and among themselves they are disparaging us as lessers. We fear that behind every closed door is a room full of men basking in our low-grade humiliation. "

Every Woman in America Knows Donald Trump and Billy Bush - The Daily Beast

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-08-2016 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 10-08-2016, 08:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post

FAKE OUTRAGE

Women(30-50) are worse than men. You all are some nasty.... and I like it!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-08-2016 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections