Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 08:07 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post

That doesn't say they cut off all his support. It says they are holding all projects in print until they see what happens at the debate. They explained that, had you watched the News. You gotta love the way anti-Trumpers grab these straws and claim they are logs. Same crap we have been hearing since he made his first showing.

"Trump is done." How many times have we heard this already? Is this number 12 or 13 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

285 posts, read 197,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You don't get it - it's already over. There's no way at all that Trump can possibly win anymore. Hillary is going to be president, period.

The RNC understands this. They only have one card left to play - try to hold as many seats as they can in the House and the Senate, in order to limit how much damage she can do between now and the next election. The only way to protect those seats is to put as much distance as they can between Trump and the GOP and the senate and house candidates. That's it, that's their only play at this stage of the game.
He hasn't lost any support from his actual voters, and as far as I know the election hasn't been canceled, and Trump said that he will NEVER drop out of the race, so we'll just have to wait until November to see who is president.

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Quote:
Yeah. That's pretty much it. With Trump getting destroyed, fewer Republican voters will come out to vote, so more votes will be cast for democratic senate and congressional candidates. That's the way it works.

The GOP majority in the house is probably safe (although not by much), but the Senate is gone. Blue for at least the first two years of Hillary's term. Might be enough for as many as two Supreme Court justices.
I wouldn't be so sure. I went out to vote against Obama when I knew he was going to win anyway. I will do the same.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
USA is doomed.
It'll be fine. One of Hillary's first acts as president will be to nominate Barak Obama for the vacant SC position that Scalia had. How's that sit in your craw? Senate goes 51-49 Democrat or even 50-50, Obama's in.

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thats great news! No more Trump fundraisers for the GOP. How many millions has he raised for these limp wristed fools? No more.

Good job RNC, you just proved who you really are.
Except Trump is depending on their fundraising for his ground game. Now he has none and is not being put on ballots.

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Not my fault you're tired of hearing it. We were right in 2015, we're still right now. You don't like that fact, that's your problem.
The fact? The fact is you were wrong at every turn. Every time it's supposedly over for trump, he wins. So underestimate him and the enthusiasm of his supporters if you want.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
So much for shooting someone in Times Square and not losing a single vote. The pride that goeth before the fall...
He's still not losing his die hard supporters, so that statement still applies.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Trump could still win...I don't care what anybody says. The hate for the Clintons from republicans is strong enough that they will vote for Trump, the crooked con man.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:11 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Trump could still win...I don't care what anybody says. The hate for the Clintons from republicans is strong enough that they will vote for Trump, the crooked con man.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:11 PM

830 posts, read 684,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Possibly. I'm open to kicking out republican establishment scum suckers and voting for a D. Let's just see how this plays out.
There are quite a few Democrats (the Bernie types) running in opposition of free trade agreements, if that's your main issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections