Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
According to my wife, women are worse than men, and are nasty b*tches, when no men are around and they are talking shop.

It tells me he is not some political puppet, but just like all Men, uncensored.
I keep seeing comments like this one and suddenly all those trashy reality shows are starting to make sense. I used to wonder "who the hell watches this crap?" Well, now I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times
Based on the threads I've read today, wherein the Republican party deserts the Trump run for the presidency and Trump's faithful posers claim those republicans are all RINOs and traitors, I do see a total split of the two factions. Once the election is over, The republicans will reevaluate their base and platform while the alt right will turn into a gang, rather than a party. The republican establishment will be glad to see them gone. As far as the alt right is concerned, there's no republican left who carries the message to the people except Trump. So it's a party of one, with many angry, dissatisfied people in attendance. It's ruled by the thoughts and positions of one man and followed implicitly by his gang.
I actually feared this outcome from the very start, that after the election there would become this sizable portion of the population that would be religiously Trump in all ways. A very dangerous situation.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I keep seeing comments like this one and suddenly all those trashy reality shows are starting to make sense. I used to wonder "who the hell watches this crap?" Well, now I know.
Well he is planning on voting for a reality show actor...

Old 10-08-2016, 09:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,474,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. You continue to be wrong. You're no different than any idiot in the establishment or any Hillary supporter who is simply too dense and full of themselves to listen to what the people are saying. This is why Trump is so popular.

I don't give a rip if the Republican party fails. It needs to fail. Then we can get rid of the RINOs and go back to being a true Conservative party.

If only Dems would pull their heads out and figure out that their party needs it, too.
Historically neither the Republicans or Democrats were 100% conservative or liberal. Go back to The Regan years and you will see there were both liberals and conservatives as well as moderates in both parties. There were liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats. It's only in recent years, that things started to shift where Republicans became more and more conservative. The problem is that in doing so the party was weakened because moderate and liberal Republicans left. Yes, Democrats lost conservatives too, but they didn't chase out their moderates. The Republican party is more focused, but appeals to a smaller number of people. Continuing to chase out people because they aren't conservative enough will further weaken the party.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:44 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Historically neither the Republicans or Democrats were 100% conservative or liberal. Go back to The Regan years and you will see there were both liberals and conservatives as well as moderates in both parties. There were liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats. It's only in recent years, that things started to shift where Republicans became more and more conservative. The problem is that in doing so the party was weakened because moderate and liberal Republicans left. Yes, Democrats lost conservatives too, but they didn't chase out their moderates. The Republican party is more focused, but appeals to a smaller number of people. Continuing to chase out people because they aren't conservative enough will further weaken the party.
Better to chase out the neo-cons and the alt/right---and restructure the party along more modern lines.
A party for the 21st century, inclusive of people of color and non-judgmental about things that don't really matter anymore. A party in favor of fiscal responsibility and pragmatic approaches to issues.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,349,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That doesn't say they cut off all his support. It says they are holding all projects in print until they see what happens at the debate. They explained that, had you watched the News. You gotta love the way anti-Trumpers grab these straws and claim they are logs. Same crap we have been hearing since he made his first showing.

"Trump is done." How many times have we heard this already? Is this number 12 or 13 ?
And the debate has been scheduled for how long? And they are just now deciding to hold off supposedly until after the debate? Why wouldn't they have told their vendor this before today? You don't think the events of the last 24 hours had anything to do with this?

Old 10-08-2016, 10:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. You continue to be wrong. You're no different than any idiot in the establishment or any Hillary supporter who is simply too dense and full of themselves to listen to what the people are saying. This is why Trump is so popular.

I don't give a rip if the Republican party fails. It needs to fail. Then we can get rid of the RINOs and go back to being a true Conservative party.

If only Dems would pull their heads out and figure out that their party needs it, too.
We have and we're adjusting in a more moderate manner than the total republican meltdown method. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren is a start.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:13 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,333,707 times
Wow. I'm suprised. I thought Trump was a Washington insider.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:15 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,446,962 times
The RNC cutting off support to Trump...is like them cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:16 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The RNC cutting off support to Trump...is like them cutting off their nose to spite their face.
More like chewing off their leg after its been caught in a bear trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections