Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 09:58 PM

1,202 posts, read 2,292,958 times

Advertisements

I find it absolutely reprehensible that the first 40 minutes of this debate were almost exclusively finger pointing, blaming, shouting, whining, and complaining. The fact that these two were decided by the American people to represent their respective political parties is shameful. Presidential debates are supposed to be about addressing the issues and informing the audience. Instead what we saw was a Jerry Springer episode with a formal dress code. Pathetic.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has lost all credibility by allowing the discussion to degrade to this level. I'm tired of hearing about how terrible Trump/Clinton is. I want to know what they're going to do to address the problems our country faces.

If the Commission on Presidential Debates has an ounce of dignity left, they will invite Gary Johnson to the final debate next Sunday and redirect their focus from a catfight to a forum on issues that will impact each and every one of us for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 09:59 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,757,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
How uncomfortable was Bill while Trump went all in?
Boy if looks could kill. He looked furious.

I think Trump did very well tonight.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:59 PM

7,532 posts, read 11,507,153 times
Trumps Camping manager trying to defend him wow she is just awful she is trying to attack Clinton on nothing

Old 10-09-2016, 10:00 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,265,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
He wiped the floor with her!!

Hillary was scared of the real Donald Trump tonight

The browbeating from the Clinton team is not going to work anymore

Trump is angry and this time he is not going to take it.

Many GOP defectors must be busy thinking of clever statements to explain why they are coming back.

12,547 posts, read 9,840,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Three against one, with one hand tied behind his back just for kicks! Goo d job old Trumpmeister!
Hell yeah! Loved the "you'd be in jail" line.

7,730 posts, read 5,445,653 times
Trumps economic policy is absolutely terrible.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:01 PM

3,281 posts, read 1,917,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nicole Wallace: the way Trump was stalking and lurking behind Clinton on the stage (not a good look)--'if that was me on the street, I'd quietly be dialing 911'.
Trump: prowling the stage like a strong tiger.
Hillary: sit leaning on her stool like a fat dumb panda.

3,838 posts, read 1,959,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump did better tonight but the bar was really low for him.
Admit it. He asked questions to Hillary that should be answered. She failed. She said they were lies and directed u to her website.

33,465 posts, read 17,974,825 times
Trump slaughtered Clinton with the truth.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:02 PM

8,364 posts, read 7,553,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 585WNY View Post
I find it absolutely reprehensible that the first 40 minutes of this debate were almost exclusively finger pointing, blaming, shouting, whining, and complaining. The fact that these two were decided by the American people to represent their respective political parties is shameful. Presidential debates are supposed to be about addressing the issues and informing the audience. Instead what we saw was a Jerry Springer episode with a formal dress code. Pathetic.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has lost all credibility by allowing the discussion to degrade to this level. I'm tired of hearing about how terrible Trump/Clinton is. I want to know what they're going to do to address the problems our country faces.

If the Commission on Presidential Debates has an ounce of dignity left, they will invite Gary Johnson to the final debate next Sunday and redirect their focus from a catfight to a forum on issues that will impact each and every one of us for decades.
Excellent post.

Of course, the two ruling parties ARE the "Commission on Presidential Debates." They rigged it so that NONE of the other candidates can participate in the debate.

I would like to see a separate debate with ALL of the candidates from the other parties. In fact, I'd be willing to pay to watch that one. That would be an interesting conversation to listen to, and probably more productive than the mud slinging tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections