Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:43 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times

Advertisements

Trump won this round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 10:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Default My vote

I put tie as my selection. It was Donald Trump being good despite the sniffles BUT it was playing to his base. Jail Hillary, radical Islam, hostile media, lower taxes on everyone (but mostly the rich), Obama is dividing fight on coal, EPA over-regulates, etc. Hillary was OK but didn't offer that much. They both had their faults in their comments.

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Donald: "She just went 25 seconds over her time". Wahhhhh!

Moderators calling him on it yet not her.

You have no point on this.

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
This didn't take long. Cooper repeatedly pressed Trump on "have you ever groped a woman, yes or no?" and Trump finally said, "No I have not."

https://twitter.com/jillharth/status/785292290948562959

There will be more I'm sure.
Plus those videos that were edited from his reality show with contestants shrinking in their seats.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:45 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Please provide a list of these alt-right buzz words and topics. Since Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz were the ones steering the debate, are they alt-right? How about the citizens who stood up to ask questions?
No, the questions were not alt/right ..Just Trump's responses..I assume you watched the same debate--where Trump ranted totally off-topic to the question asked? The citizens were the ones that got cheated--because their carefully crafted questions were ignored by Donald, who chose to rant and yes..regurgitate alt/right positions and buzz words.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:45 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam 2016 View Post
Anyone with any honesty and intellectual integrity that has actually seen/heard the video can tell that he was just talking out his ass like a rooster puffing out his chest. While it was crude and inappropriate, it is absolutely NOTHING like it is being made out to be and is totally being blown out of proportion. I think that Hillary's attack on Bill's floozies to silence them and enabling him is FAR worse than some bull**** man talk. If you disagree, then I believe you need a lobotomy.

Anything to try to derail Trump's campaign though while Hillary hides out and hopes to slither into the presidency, right?

Super post. That about sums it right up, with what the Majority of Americans actually see. The Media pumped up this "Balloon " to make everyone think it was a small Planet, but its nothing but "Air."

Old 10-09-2016, 10:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Anyone with any honesty and intellectual integrity that has actually seen/heard the video can tell that he was just talking out his ass like a rooster puffing out his chest. While it was crude and inappropriate, it is absolutely NOTHING like it is being made out to be and is totally being blown out of proportion. I think that Hillary's attack on Bill's floozies to silence them and enabling him is FAR worse than some bull**** man talk. If you disagree, then I believe you need a lobotomy.

Anything to try to derail Trump's campaign though while Hillary hides out and hopes to slither into the presidency, right?
Somehow, in my mind of minds, I think the only attacks you're claiming that Hillary made on her husband's accusers is a headline you read somewhere in the darkest shadows of the internet that said, "Hillary Attacks Bill's Accusers". I'd bet you a dollar to a donut that you couldn't detail the nature of one of those attacks or verify that they actually occurred.

Just a hunch.........no disrespect intended.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
this can actually be a win for HRC when talking about Obamacare.
What??? Hahaha! You Liberals are so confused, what are you all drinking? Why should Obamacare be a win for Hillary?? The whole thing is a win for Trump, cheers! Soon Hillary will break out in tears!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
What Debate did you watch? Certainly could not have been the same one everyone else watched.

Want me to e-mail you the next one and tell you what channel to turn to?
Well..according to the exit interviews..it's exactly the one I watched..perhaps in your alternate reality..Trump won---but out here in the real world..Trump did some damage control..nothing more.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:48 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Quote:

Yes exactly. It is bloviating, which men do with other men all the time! There are plenty of studies showing the differences between male and female communication styles. Among women the attempt is to connect and validate; women also differ their styles depending on their relationship with the person (superior, subordinate, etc.) they're speaking to. Men generally have a more competitive, one-upmanship style of speaking amongst themselves, even if it's subtle and they're unaware they're doing it. Any man who says he's never talked this way, that's fine, but there are plenty that have.

Let's also remember that we aren't talking about the average Joe but the world of wealth and entertainment, which is its society with its own styles of communication and behavior. We're listening to a famous man try to impress an entertainment news hound, which clearly worked because Billy Bush laughed and went right along with it. I have worked in entertainment and met politicians and if you think a man that's rich, powerful, or handsome enough won't indulge in hedonsim think again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections