Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:55 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

I still cannot get over how Trump made one of the most remarkable comebacks I have seen in any endeavor.

I couldn't believe it when Anderson Cooper went straight for the jugular and grilled Trump about the crude comments Trump made, as well as asking him point blank if he forced himself on women (I believe he asked him if he kissed women; Trump said no which isn't true based on some allegations). And then Hillary went with that momentum and brutally cut Trump down, saying he wasn't fit to be president.

At that point you could tell Trump was totally flustered and humiliated and bad body language. He stammered on endlessly on his first question. I think most people in that situation would have just quit and went with the motions.

But then as the debate wore on, you could tell Trump started to relax as he weathered the storm, and he got more confident and feisty. And Hillary by comparison started strong, but faded and by the end was just rambling on with canned statements.

This is just my opinions.

Not that it changes how I feel about this election and who I am voting for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 10:55 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,336,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
This is going horrible for the Don. No way he can right the ship before November.
Whaat? Are you not aware that Trump is winning? Must be the booze !

Old 10-09-2016, 10:57 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I've worked professionally in the communication industry. What Trump was doing is a tried and true method know as "SOCO". A SOCO is a Single Overriding Communication Objective. You can ask a candidate any question and they will pivot after one sentence to their SOCO. Trump's SOCO was to reinforce his base with his original message from his campaign. He did that well. When it came to Children, he pivoted to ISIS as that was his SOCO. Clinton did it too but is more practiced and adept at it.
In short, he never answered one question put to him, in every instance he immediately pivoted to his SOCO and did a 3 minute rant .
Pretty much what I observed.

It kept him from rambling all over as he did in last debate and probably impressed his core constituency.

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Trump brought the issues that the press has not asked for 30 years. Clinton was dumb founded and angry.
Trump in back in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
She is disgusting and such a liar and that laugh .
Yes, she is disgusting, and this evil grin, she knows she is losing!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I still cannot get over how Trump made one of the most remarkable comebacks I have seen in any endeavor.

I couldn't believe it when Anderson Cooper went straight for the jugular and grilled Trump about the crude comments Trump made, as well as asking him point blank if he forced himself on women (I believe he asked him if he kissed women; Trump said no which isn't true based on some allegations). And then Hillary went with that momentum and brutally cut Trump down, saying he wasn't fit to be president.

At that point you could tell Trump was totally flustered and humiliated and bad body language. He stammered on endlessly on his first question. I think most people in that situation would have just quit and went with the motions.

But then as the debate wore on, you could tell Trump started to relax as he weathered the storm, and he got more confident and feisty. And Hillary by comparison started strong, but faded and by the end was just rambling on with canned statements.

This is just my opinions.

Not that it changes how I feel about this election and who I am voting for.
Trump became the boss in the boardroom.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:58 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,389,284 times
Quote:
Trump DESTROYED that lyin' Wall Street witch, that's the Trump we know and love!

He was calm and effectively nullified the leaked audio tape incident (which was a non-issue anyways , ie how REAL MEN talk).

Trump is an alpha male, and that was on display tonight, he handled both crooked Hillary and her moderator lackeys flawlessly. Handled their rigged "debate" like a friggin BOSS

One of the best/funniest parts of the debate was Hillary defending Obamacare.... she's such a pro-Wall Street tool it's unbelievable

And the "cherry on top", the fly landing on Shillary's face on national TV and we all know what flies are attracted to....

Word !!!!

Old 10-09-2016, 10:59 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,684 times
Default Trumpster all the way !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not even going to try to keep up with this nonsense. Have fun 'yall.

May TRUMP rule supreme!

And he will reign supreme ! ... This man is a proud and patriotic America Citizen who possesses the tenacity, intellect and the "GUTS" to bring this nation back from the brink of collapse ! .... Sure he's loud and speaks his mind ... tells the American people what he plans to do to "Make America Great Again" ! ...
He's the last one who can do it and that's whether we like him or not ! He's a proud man who damn well acts like a man ... and by the way he knows a hail of a lot more than the current "Goof Troop" in the WH knows: Trumpster knows the correct bath room to go into !!!! ... HARRRRRRRRRR ! Old Sgt. Lamar Says So !

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
Yes, she is disgusting, and this evil grin, she knows she is losing!
Just might end up in jail with Bill down the cell block. I am so glad Trump spoke to the issue like most of us been waiting for. Trump exposed the massive cover by the president and the press!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Hillary is sitting down. I think she's ready to have another seizure and pass out on the floor.
Haha...serves her right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections