Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times

Advertisements

One of the clearest takeaways for me from the debate is that sticking Trump in "No Man's Land", with dozens of Republicans who endorsed him either revoking their endorsements or otherwise withholding their support from him going forward, has pushed Trump past a point of no return. They've been calling it a "scorched earth" approach, with Trump intent on taking down anything in the way of his grab for power, whether it be friend or foe, and without regard to how the destruction he aims to wreak damages not just his opponent, but the nation as a whole.

Like a child who destroys a sibling's toy after being scolded for taking it without permission, it seems Trump has decided that if he cannot be President then no one should be able to be President.

I am deeply troubled by the national existential crisis brought about by Trump's behavior and conduct. When we moved to Georgia it never occurred to me that that decision may someday affect to what nation am I a citizen. I have long considered myself an American, rather than a citizen of any of the states I've lived in since graduating college. While I was proud to become a Georgian and revel in its unique cultural cuisine and its wonderful natural magnificence, I never intended it to result in my being a foreigner traveling abroad when visiting my family in other states. However, I no longer see that prospect as fanciful nonsense. Trump has, mostly single-handedly, undermined the foundation of our nation.

Trump's losing the election won't fix any of the damage he's caused. His damage is the kind of insidious damage that isn't wiped away by counter-action. He's afflicted people with intransigent unwillingness to abide the fact that reasonable people disagree with them, in a way that any attempt at reconciliation and remediation instead reinforces the sentiment rather than dissipates it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 06:16 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Trump was more than happy to attack the Clinton's on Bill's infidelity, while Hillary refrained from doing the same to Trump. That shows the difference in class between the two candidates.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:16 AM

285 posts, read 197,654 times
It was disgraceful the way they continuously attacked him and defended her. Absolutely pathetic. At one point, after Hillary finished talking, that nasty hag Martha said "let me explain what she meant" and then went on for a minute or so explaining hillarys answer. like shiver me timber pointed out, raddatz was awful during the obama/Romney debate and she was even worse last night!

Old 10-10-2016, 06:17 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
While you bash corporate media, please remember that had it not been for the billions in free tv time given to Trump during the primary, your candidate would be Jeb.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:19 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Jay Tapper and another host immediately came out to say Trump won the debate.

Literally every person said the same thing and focus groups also showed Trump won.

This morning when I picked up my phone I saw CNN is calling Clinton the winner but Trump did better than expected.

I guess the Clinton campaign must have been hammering to take the play from the pay from CNN

Trump was brilliant and to give these battered women a platform was great!

Bill & Hilliary have bullied them long enough.

Trump has showed the nation how dishonest the media is.
Enough of one that the now grown once 12 year old rape victim has joined Twitter and is speaking out against Hillary:

https://twitter.com/KathyShelton_/st...89179592818689

https://twitter.com/KathyShelton_/st...68880277114880

https://twitter.com/KathyShelton_/st...63037720752128

Old 10-10-2016, 06:20 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
It was disgraceful the way they continuously attacked him and defended her. Absolutely pathetic. At one point, after Hillary finished talking, that nasty hag Martha said "let me explain what she meant" and then went on for a minute or so explaining hillarys answer. like shiver me timber pointed out, raddatz was awful during the obama/Romney debate and she was even worse last night!
Agreed how pathetic it is that they do this. Even an amateur would know to stay the hell out of the debate and just ask the questions.

Yet we have the 'professionals' here that can't keep neutral.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:21 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Here is a transcript of the debate. Just so you can see the actual words that were said by the candidates and by the moderators.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/us...bate.html?_r=0

Old 10-10-2016, 06:24 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
How many American Voters are really "Undecided" voters ? How many will make up their mind only after seeing the performance of the candidates in the debate ?
Barring the elite or political bigwigs, I dont think that there are many people who will change their stance. They have already made up their mind. Mr Trump is going to win.
Not many and not a lot honestly. Trump needed to hit two grand slams last night to make any real difference. Instead he barely beat out a lead off single in the second inning. His base will love it but they were already voting for him. He didn't win over any real new voters is the issue.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:25 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Looks like the Peso went down vs the dollar... that means Trump won...
Pound continues to fall against the dollar as well.

And this means what?

Old 10-10-2016, 06:26 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
US Intelligence DID say that Russia is backing Wikileaks. I mean, that's how I understand it. Maybe I'm missing something, but....

Russia did it: U.S. blames “senior-most” Russian officials for Wikileaks, DCLeaks email hacks - Salon.com

According to the U.S. Intelligence Community, "Only Russia’s senior-most officials could have authorized" the hack.

So how was her statement a lie?
There is no factual evidence tying Russia with all of these leaks. The media, Hillary, the libs, the "US" (please) needs to just stop lying. Everytime Hillary looks bad, she blames Russia. The "US" needs to prove it or shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections