Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:47 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

The town hall format is the type of debate that Hillary excels at. I don't like her but I think she won the debate but Trump did hit her on some good points such as her record of talking ALOT but not actually getting much done.

When you think about how far Trump has come against career politicians it really is a wonder he is still standing.
Debating is what these politicians do best whereas Trump has been the boss for decades and his is the final say.

He now faces the toughest competition of his life in Hillary within an arena that he is not accustomed to.
What we are seeing is really a modern day David and Goliath battle.

When asked what the candidates admired about each other she said his children (it is all about the children don't we know) and he said her fight and never give up attitude.

He was much more gracious in his complements than she was but considering the whole debate, I think she won.

Did it change my views and vote NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Unless you, your wife, and your children were a blue lagoon family a ton of people contributed to who they are as people today. From doctors, teachers, to the church, to the TV. That you do not understand this is shocking. People are so closed minded. it's like not seeing the nose on your face and since you cannot see it you deny all day long that it isn't there.

As far as Warren goes, I like very much that her watch dog group stopped wells fargo in its tracks. What do you think of that? Good, bad?
Again, you keep mixing up the words contribute and raise. Look them up in the dictionary. Maybe that will help.

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think Trump did much better and was good style wise, I voted 'tie' in the poll because Hillary because her positions in the debate are more mainstream. I was very happy with the two moderators for asking both candidates tough questions and not letting them go rogue and over time as much.
Exactly, this was basically my thoughts.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:48 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I've been thinking about this debate for a while now, and asking myself why it felt so off.

My answer is that neither Trump nor Clinton actually engaged with the audience member whose question they were answering. They each clearly came in loaded for bear, and used the questions they were asked as excuses to unload on each other.

That's what I expected from Trump, but Clinton has it in her to do better, and she didn't.
I noticed that also. It may have had to do with his pacing all the time in her space.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:48 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Trump ended up with more speaking time than Hillary yet all he did was keep whining how they didn't give him equal time. I wanted someone to please tell Donald to stay on his chair he kept pacing behind Sec Clinton in a very menacing way, didn't answer a single question he kept talking about Isis and apparently how all the military are a bunch of morons who announce their moves, it sounded like he was on this forum reading posts from all the deplorables and just repeating nonsense.
If my house is under attack, I just care about cops showing up & doing their job. I dont focus on their good manners, language or how they dress. Maybe I would if I was not taking the threat of the breakin seriously. The cops can be on their best behavior but they dont get points for inviting the burglars into my home & helping them steal my stuff. My priority is national security, economy so I will elect an offensive jerk who can get the job done rather than a well mannered lady who is openly saying we need to add more burden to our crashing economy & ignore security threats.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:51 AM

286 posts, read 150,132 times
Anyone who cites and gets excited over online polls deserves every single name that Trump supporters are called. No adult can really be that gullible.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There is zero doubt that Trump lost. He wasn't a complete dumpster fire but fortunately, most people use a slightly higher standard when it comes to choosing the next President of our country.
Crooked Hillary is so low she is in a hole half way to China.
That is the high standard you claim. Its laughable.
A corrupt status quo candidate with a history of corruption exposed as a liar trying to avoid prosecution.
Getting cover from government by corrupting them all to maintain Obama's legacy. That is what's driving us to be a banana republic.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:53 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
1. The job of a lawyer is to defend their client. Period.
2. The Crime Lab LOST the evidence.
3. The prosecution offered a plea deal to a lesser charge, because they didn't have a convincing case.
4. She never laughed at the victim. She laughed at procedural errors in the case

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton laughed at child rape victim Kathy Shelton. That's not quite right | The Independent

Kathy Shelton Rape Case: 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know | Heavy.com
You should read the recent tweets by Kathy Shelton. Why should she feel so victimized by Hilary if Hilary was only making light of the errors of the case? She said Hilary shamed her during the case and tried to make it look like she deserved to be raped. Only a cold hearted devil of a woman would do that to another woman. Disgusting!!

Old 10-10-2016, 08:53 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
Anyone who cites and gets excited over online polls deserves every single name that Trump supporters are called. No adult can really be that gullible.
Have you seen some of the stuff that Trump supporters post? They are absolutely that gullible.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Right. Hilly keeps saying that Trump is "targeting" black people because he keeps bringing up the poverty, crime, and unemployment in black communities..all true. Hillary dismisses it completely by saying its all good. This is ridiculouis
When will Trump realize that not all black people live in the ghetto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections