Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly, this was basically my thoughts.
I think there's a possibility that Clinton decided to take it safe, she didn't need a knock out - all she needed was to keep her level of support where it is and wait for more revelations to peel support away from Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Hillary's responses were weak last night, hands down Trump won the second debate.
If he couldn't answer the question and when he did he lied, you think that is winning?

Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Again, you keep mixing up the words contribute and raise. Look them up in the dictionary. Maybe that will help.
No, I don't and I don't need to look them up. I am raising two children. I am experiencing first hand what it is to raise a child and I know for a fact that I am not doing it alone. There is no raising a child bubble. One of the most important components of what it means to raise a child is who and what the parents expose them to. You cannot eliminate outside exposure from the raising equation when that exposure is one of the integral components in raising a child.

How am I raising them? Well, I have them in school, I have them in gymnastics, and we do volunteer work. That puts them outside the home for most of the day 4 days a week. So, their teachers and classmates are an aspect of my raising them. By extension their classmates parents are contributing because my children learn just as much from other kids as they do their teachers. I am close with my neighbors, so they play into it. I am involved in our community so the local police play a big role (various fairs/events in town, etc).

And lets add the TV. How many times have we heard the TV is raising children? What do you think that means? Obviously, the TV is now clothing, feeding, and housing children or giving them their baths at night. Too many parents allow their kids to watch the boob tube. That negative exposure is a contributor in the raising of children. Hillary's ad makes a salient point as well. I have to mute the TV when Trump is on. Typically the news is too boring for them to even pay attention, but now it's out of hand.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
She was downright combative with him and it was a disgraceful. Why do these moderators always have to be from the liberal biased media? Give him a Fox news correspondent for a change.
Yeah, Megan Kelly.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:14 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
I'm starting to think this is the last real election in American history. If Hillary wins she'll import millions of people who will vote Democrat as soon as they become citizens. If Trump wins he will jail Hillary and other prominent Liberals and the Constitution's balance of powers is a thing of the past.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:15 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
There's going to be a groundswell of angry voters who are eager and motivated to Stop Trump:

Now add the millions of offended women to the Hispanics, the Muslims, the Disabled... Trump is going to lose. Bigly.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
A polling was much more decisive for the second debate, Trump overwhelmingly won the second debate.

TRUMP WINS EVERY ONLINE DEBATE WINNER POLL BY LANDSLIDE – TruthFeed
I voted for him in some of them because I do know you love those polls.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How old are you? They have been in the public eye for 20 years. Paula Jones sued Bill Clinton and settled for $800,000, which is probably worth twice that now.
Have you ever read anything other than a right wing account regarding the allegations of those women?

The sexual harassment allegations against Bill Clinton, explained - Vox

Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Right, and Trump is a Saint. Trump should have been stopped 6 months ago. He is not fit to be President and Commander in Chief. He is a vile person and THAT is the truth. Do you really want this man representing your country? At least Hillary has a heart. I don't think DJT knows what empathy means.
I would rather have him than Hillary any day of the week. She would do one thing, then turn around and lie to us. She does not have heart. She wants people to think that. People said that Obama was not fit to be commander in chief too.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She actually became shrill and angry when he wouldn't obey her by answering the way she wanted.
You are suppose to answer the question that is asked, not ramble about something else. They may work at rallies but not debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections