Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 09:34 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times

Advertisements

You can't bail out the water fast enough to keep this ship from sinking! And the band played on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 09:46 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Im not a Trump supporter. I am disgusted that these 2 candidates are the choices offered by the 2 parties. I mean seriously a lousy former Senator and an even worse Secretary of State v.s a reality TV show host with questionable business practices who openly bragged about buying influence.
This debate had me laughing. Trump slammed Hillary left and right. The you'd be in jail comment was great. This debate rapidly turned into a brawl and Trump dominated Hillary in that regard. He still failed to really answer the questions. He did make points, but normally his points didn't address the actual questions. The one thing he did well was bring up the dirt on Hillary, which isn't saying much given that there is dirt a plenty.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
People either vote out of blind party loyalty or they vote against the other guy.

Nobody votes on issues
Every Independent, Republican, or Decline to State in my family votes issues and what is best for the country (not themselves) first. The Democrats...it's usually 'me first'. Example -- All of the unionized classroom teachers in my family vote a straight Democrat ticket.

I've never once voted for what I thought was best for me, only what is best for the country. IMO, voting with the primary motivation being what is best for yourself personally is unpatriotic. Why are people looking to extract something from government? I've never understood this. JFK was a hypocrite re this issue (he saw that giving city workers the right to bargain collectively helped NYC mayor Richard Wagner get reelected, so seeking similar results JFK signed an EO giving the same right to federal workers), but I still agree with the spirit of what he said - 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:10 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
More like, "Vote for me because . . . . you want the other guy to be POTUS?" That was good enough for me.

Mick

Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
She was First Lady of Arkansas.
So?

Quote:
She was First Lady of the USA
Who immediately inserted herself into healthcare policy.....she wasn't elected....and her opinions were rejected.

Quote:
She was a senator from New York
She was Secretary of State
Yet every time I've heard one of her surrogates asked (on any network) to come up with an accomplishment during her tenure in either job they either stutter or give an answer that isn't an accomplishment, such as 'she traveled to blah blah blah number of countries'.

Quote:
It's time for her to be elected President.
Let's roll out the red carpet for the queen. By all means. It's her turn. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections