Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 02:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yup....and here as well:

Paul Ryan tells Republicans he won't defend Donald Trump, will focus on keeping majority - CBS News

I guess there's one man who didn't believe the spin that Trump won the debate and righted his ship.
this has nothing to do with the spin, as you call it, it has to do with his simply saying he is going to concentrate on helping house members get elected, which is what he should be doing. It is no secret that h and Trump are anything but good friends.

BTW: there are a lot, on both sides that seem to thing Trump did win last night. We will have a better idea in a few more days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 02:46 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
As a captain of a vessel, I caught those two words Ryan said too.

I expect woman to pull their own weight. Also to work without complaining constantly.

I could write a book about how there is a small difference ingrained in many women as a result of them expecting to be on a pedestal.

One tiny example: While sailing I awoke to noise from the sails and realized the wind had changed and a squall was close. I called all hands to deck. A woman sipping her coffee replied to me:

"Aren't you going to say good morning?"

She admonished me that my attitude was that I expected her to help with no explanation why something needed to be urgently done.

Whereas, most men tend to do difficult work aboard without complaining.

I believe many women create the glass ceiling that holds them down because men like myself learn it is far easier to ask another man to help with difficult work. As a consequence I have to be careful to ask my crew and provide women equal opportunity to learn and grow. I still am yet to find one willing to learn how to change the fan belts on the engine when the engine room is hot as an oven. These are tasks I am willing and capable of doing because I just recognize them as tasks that must urgently be done and everything is my duty.

Grumble.
I get what you're saying. I'm female & worked as a broadcast technician for 20 years. My mother was a Rosie the Riveter during WWII. I was brought up to pull my own weight & do what was needed when it was needed. Not all females are brought up to be a princess. Unfortunately, the princesses hold back the females who will do what's needed when it's needed. I've seen it too long to think otherwise. I've also seen that if you're female & not a princess, you are automatically suspect by males & females.

As to Ryan, he's only looking out for himself. He has an agenda to stick it to people who make the mistake of living long enough to collect social security & Medicare.

Last edited by southbound_295; 10-10-2016 at 03:04 PM..

Old 10-10-2016, 02:49 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
One of my co workers said last week she wanted to kick Trump in the balls. My grandmother wanted to stuff her sock in his mouth while watching the debate.

The man is vile and honestly when I see a trump sticker on people's car I question their moral compass.
and I wonder the intelligence level of those with Clinton stickers? It works both ways. She is no better than he is: they are both crappy. I will add, you must be very young for your grandmother to still be able to make comments. Maybe you haven't been through many elections yet?

Old 10-10-2016, 02:51 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
And according to CNN, that message isn't going over well with some of his members on his conference call.

Ryan to House lawmakers: I 'won't defend Trump' - POLITICO
Paul Ryan is a rat if ever we saw one.

Far too much of a Washington insider to trust.

I would not be a bit surprised if this guy is on the Clinton payroll in some shape or form

All his faux outrage is similar to CNN.

Ryan was being too smart this time and there will be severe consequences.

Trump needs to trap the rat Paul Ryan before he scurries away for cover.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
Oh poor poor Paul Ryan. What a pickle we find ourselves in?! He can't support the vile Donald because of his sick obsession with women and he can't absolve himself of vile Donald because his members he need his deplorable fanbase. GOP is a hot mess heading for an epic dizzasta!

Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I feel you but here's the deal and it is the truth. America is failing and we really need a leader to right the good ship of state. When the attacks start happening in the malls and the communities you'll want a man like this. Carnage in our schools, carnage in our malls....your America changed and not for the better.

Sure he's not nice. you want a leader to be nice??
Leaders serve others and look after others' interests. Trump is not a leader.

DT has never demonstrated anything other than caring about DT - namely his psychological needs and his wallet.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:41 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times
Paul Ryan - who I have never supported in any way shape or form (and I am from Wisconsin) sees that the Orange Chemical Dumpster Fire that is Donald Trump will never be put out. He'll just re-ignite to get attention.

Smart man, that Ryan..... because he'll soon be out of a job when the House goes Blue.

It was stated elsewhere that if Clinton wins by 6 or more - the House is in play.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:42 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
No one cares about Paul Ryan. He's never been for Trump so his words have no weight. Can't wait to see him lose his job.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:45 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,450,308 times
Sucks to be Paul Ryan.

Bet John Boehner is sittin' back in his chair with a beverage of choice laughing....

Old 10-10-2016, 04:42 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Paul Ryan - who I have never supported in any way shape or form (and I am from Wisconsin) sees that the Orange Chemical Dumpster Fire that is Donald Trump will never be put out. He'll just re-ignite to get attention.

Smart man, that Ryan..... because he'll soon be out of a job when the House goes Blue.

It was stated elsewhere that if Clinton wins by 6 or more - the House is in play.
Minority speaker is a job, Senator is a pretty darn well paid job.

Or, do you think Trump supporters will not vote for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections